Haven dining room ordering from specialty restaurants

gizfish

I just want to be sure (so I don't request something too obnoxious) that on the Breakaway in the Haven restaurant, you can order anything (starters, dessert) except entrees off specialty restaurant menus without charge? And, you can order entrees from the specialty restaurants in the Haven restaurant for the usual additional charge?

I just want to be sure (so I don't request something too obnoxious) that on the Breakaway in the Haven restaurant, you can order anything (starters, dessert) except entrees off specialty restaurant menus without charge? And, you can order entrees from the specialty restaurants in the Haven restaurant for the usual additional charge?

Never heard of doing that in the Haven restaurant. I also would not ever do it. I would ask my butler to bring those things to my room but I wouldn't expect a restaurant to run all over the ship to get your meal for you. Too obnoxious for me.

I've not read of anyone attempting this either. I doubt anyone from Moderno would be traveling to the Haven restaurant with meat ready to carve - just to offer one example.

Edited by rpb718

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes you can order anything you want from the specialty restaurants and eat in the Haven. However, you must pay the cover charge for each restaurant. We were offered this last cruise.

The Epic club is great but if I were to eat at a specialty restaurant, it makes sense to eat the meal there.

If you want a dessert, I don't think it would be a problem. We had a dessert from La Cucina delivered to the cabin one night. Not sure about appetizers but I have heard people doing this. Just make sure to tip the butler for going the extra mile (pun intended).

Edited by david_sobe

Yes you can order anything you want from the specialty restaurants and eat in the Haven. However, you must pay the cover charge for each restaurant. We were offered this last cruise.

The Epic club is great but if I were to eat at a specialty restaurant, it makes sense to eat the meal there.

If you want a dessert, I don't think it would be a problem. We had a dessert from La Cucina delivered to the cabin one night. Not sure about appetizers but I have heard people doing this. Just make sure to tip the butler for going the extra mile (pun intended).

The poster was asking about eating it in the Haven restaurant. Have you done that? Like, have dinner from Cagney's delivered to the Haven restaurant while the rest of your party eats other menu items? Sounds weird to me.

The poster was asking about eating it in the Haven restaurant. Have you done that? Like, have dinner from Cagney's delivered to the Haven restaurant while the rest of your party eats other menu items? Sounds weird to me.

I understood the OP and my response was clear. When I said Haven I was referring to the restaurant.

I have never done it and have not seen anyone do it but the Epic Club staff mentioned the option to us. It is a bit weird for me too. The specialty restaurants usually have good service and if any food needed corrected or something was wrong, it would be a pain that far away from the restaurant. But you can do it. You can even get anything from the MDR brought to the Haven restaurant too. On lobster night, several people do this.

Edited by david_sobe

I understood the OP and my response was clear. When I said Haven I was referring to the restaurant.
Okay, my bad. I'm sure everyone else knows that Haven means restaurant. I thought it could refer to other things, as well. Sorry for my confusion.

We're strongly considering a Haven stay on the Breakaway, and I've also seen a few people mention in reviews that they've done just that, had all or even just part of a specialty meal in the Haven restaurant. One person said they got just a main course from Ocean Blue and had to pay a partial cover charge, but didn't say how much the partial was.

Having said that, I just re-read the OP's original question, and I think ANY order off the special restaurants would come WITH charge, including the appetizer or dessert. Likely just a partial as well, but I would think it wouldn't be free.

Edited by psac

I've ordered something from a specialty restaurant into the Haven restaurant on the Breakaway. I had the Dover Sole from Ocean Blue delivered. I arranged it beforehand with the Maitre D in the Haven restaurant. I wasn't charged the full $49 that Ocean Blue charges. I was only charged $20 bc I only ordered an entree, no apps. There wasn't an issue at all and the Maitre D actually encourage us to order anything we want from any restaurant.

My bf is allergic to nuts and in the Haven restaurant the brownie has nuts in it. O'Sheehan's is the only restaurant on the ship that had a brownie with no nuts. The staff got the brownie from there. We didn't ask, they offered and insisted it wasn't a problem. From that, they remembered through out our entire cruise, remembered that my bf is allergic to nuts and would get him the brownie whenever he wanted it.

• 1 month later...
I've ordered something from a specialty restaurant into the Haven restaurant on the Breakaway. I had the Dover Sole from Ocean Blue delivered. I arranged it beforehand with the Maitre D in the Haven restaurant. I wasn't charged the full $49 that Ocean Blue charges. I was only charged $20 bc I only ordered an entree, no apps. There wasn't an issue at all and the Maitre D actually encourage us to order anything we want from any restaurant.

My bf is allergic to nuts and in the Haven restaurant the brownie has nuts in it. O'Sheehan's is the only restaurant on the ship that had a brownie with no nuts. The staff got the brownie from there. We didn't ask, they offered and insisted it wasn't a problem. From that, they remembered through out our entire cruise, remembered that my bf is allergic to nuts and would get him the brownie whenever he wanted it.

Very glad to hear this!

We are in an S5 on Getaway (2 adults, 1 child) so dining in the room will not really be an option for us. We ordered the UDP and the UBP. It would be a pleasure to be able to go to the Haven restaurant and order from the specialties on an occasion or two, especially when we don't agree on which specialty to go to, or can't get a desired reservation time.

Since a concern is how far the Haven restaurant servers would need to go to get something requested from another restaurant, I was wondering if each restaurant aboard has its own kitchen/prep area or is there a central kitchen(s)? Because if there were a centralized kitchen then there wouldn't be additional travel.

Since a concern is how far the Haven restaurant servers would need to go to get something requested from another restaurant, I was wondering if each restaurant aboard has its own kitchen/prep area or is there a central kitchen(s)? Because if there were a centralized kitchen then there wouldn't be additional travel.

I see this point and expect that some think that its like making the Haven Restaurant people run around like madmen/woman. I don't know how it is actually implemented, but I would utilize it like I would have if I was ordering it into my room, by letting them know earlier in the day what I want and at what time. I wouldn't just go there and expect it to be fetched from across the ship at my whim. PERHAPS.. they only get the raw ingredients and do the preparation of food right there anyway.

Edited by cruiseinfoseeker

I see this point and expect that some think that its like making the Haven Restaurant people run around like madmen/woman. I don't know how it is actually implemented, but I would utilize it like I would have if I was ordering it into my room, by letting them know earlier in the day what I want and at what time. I wouldn't just go there and expect it to be fetched from across the ship at my whim. PERHAPS.. they only get the raw ingredients and do the preparation of food right there anyway.

I would bet that the Haven restaurants just have one or two dedicated "runners" to do pick-ups, etc. since they seem to actively encourage this practice.