Luggage Tags Flying In The Day of Cruise

Artemus

Attach them after you land to prevent them from being torn off in transit. I laminate them and have them ready. Either bring a small stapler or ask for one at the baggage office or airline counter at the airport

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

Do you put your luggage tags on your luggage before leaving home if you're flying in the day of the cruise?

How do you attach your luggage tags if don't attach them before leaving home?

Laminate them and hole punch top and bottom so holes match up and use a cable tie to put them on after landing.....

Do you put your luggage tags on your luggage before leaving home if you're flying in the day of the cruise?

Put them on after you land at your final destination...otherwise they will probably be damaged or come off while being handled by the airlines.

Take the airline tags off and put the Carnival tags on after you pick up your luggage at the airport. Putting the Carnival tags on before then could result in your luggage being sent to Brazil.

I always laminate, hole punch, and cable tie our Carnival tags to the luggage. Some would say that is overkill, but I disagree. My first cruise, there was a monsoon at the port and the paper tags got so wet they ripped right off the luggage. I had to go down to the lobby after dinner and search for all my luggage.

RdP :)

Edited by R3D3P

Laminate them and hole punch top and bottom so holes match up and use a cable tie to put them on after landing.....

This is what I always do. I use luggage loops instead of cable ties since I done need to worry about cutting them off.

Always put them on before we go to the port.

I laminate my cruise tag and attach it to my suitcase with a cable tie before I leave home for the airport. I've never had a problem doing this, and my tag has never been damaged or torn off. The laminate and cable tie are very strong.

I laminate my cruise tag and attach it to my suitcase with a cable tie before I leave home for the airport. I've never had a problem doing this, and my tag has never been damaged or torn off. The laminate and cable tie are very strong.

I also laminate the luggage tags & attach with a stapler BEFORE we leave for the airport. Have NEVER had to replace a tag before the cruise. It has always made it through with the luggage tag intact - maybe a little crushed.

I do this in case our luggage is delayed. At least they know that the final destination is a cruiseship.

We prepare ours before leaving home by sealing completely in packing tape. We take a small roll of packing tape with a cutter attached (in our checked luggage) and use that to tape the tags closed on the handle. They never come off - in fact usually have to cut them off to remove them :)