Pinnacle reservations for friends

aachasman

My wife and I will be boarding the Oostedrdam much earlier than our friends who are on the pre cruise triple Denali package. Can we make reservations for all four of us at the Pinnacle when we first board hopefully around 11 am? Does anyone know what the extra charge is for dining there? Can our friends make a Pinnacle reservation prior to our/their boarding? Thanks

You can all make PG reservations before you board. Just go to the HAL website. You'll have to log in, just as you've (hopefully) done for your pre-cruise check in. One can also book shore ex and spa appointments there.

Cost for dinner in the PG is currently $25/pp IIRC. There are discounts for 3* and 4* Mariners.

Edited by Mary Ellen

Do you mean you want to make Pinnacle Reservations for lunch on embarkation day?

If so, no...... you cannot.

Pinnacle is not open for lunch on embarkation day.

If that is not what you meant, sorry. I am not sure what you were asking.

You can all make PG reservations before you board. Just go to the HAL website. You'll have to log in, just as you've (hopefully) done for your pre-cruise check in. One can also book shore ex and spa appointments there.

If you mean dinner reservations, you can do as suggested here, OP. Have a credit card handy as you will have to pay when you pre-book these reservations.

You also can do it , in advance of boarding, by calling Ship's Services at 800-541-1576.

Cost for dinner in the PG is currently $25/pp IIRC. There are discounts for 3* and 4* Mariners.

PG prices have gone up to $29. Still worth it IMHO

Once you are on board, you can stop by the Pinnacle and make a reservation. In our experience, the party making the reservation winds up with the $29 pp charge. This is particularly true if your dinner companions aren't on the ship yet, in which case they don't have an active account.

It's never been an issue for us. We just settle up by buying few rounds of drinks, or getting some wine, or picking up some other costs for the party that booked the reservation.

Pinnacle lunch is still $10 per person -- not open on Embarkation Day -- and a few other days during the cruise. Can not be booked until you are on the ship.

Pinnacle dinner is now $29 per person and cam be booked on HAL's site, through Ship Services or once you are on the ship.

If you are going to be on the ship first and want to make the reservations for all of you and they agree to pay you back -- just do it.

Same thing with booking ahead of time. One person can make all the reservations in their name.

3 star Mariners get a 25% discount in price. 4 and 5 star Mariners get a 50% discount. If you qualify for either of the discounts, your refund will show up on your ship board account.

<snip>

3 star Mariners get a 25% discount in price. 4 and 5 star Mariners get a 50% discount. If you qualify for either of the discounts, your refund will show up on your ship board account.

Five Star Mariners get two free Pinnacle dinners.

Any dinners over the two are discounted 50%.

Considering the OP wants to make reservation for all 4 of them after they board "much earlier" than their friends, I really don't think they are looking for lunch at 11. That is most likely when they hope to be boarding. The OP also asked about dinner prices, not lunch prices.

I was thinking the price had gone up from $25 but I wasn't sure. Thanks for the updated base price.

Edited by Mary Ellen

Can I assume I have to be paid in full before I can make a reservatioN?

No, you are assuming incorrectly.

You can make and pay for your dining reservations prior to final payment..

Could you clear up.......

Are you talking about lunch or dinner?

As stated by KK, Pinnacle dinner is $29 pp if you are not star mariner eligible for discount.

Edited by sail7seas

Five Star Mariners get two free Pinnacle dinners.

Any dinners over the two are discounted 50%.

What if you are treating two other guests who are not 4-start Mariners; do I get 50% off the entire bill or are the guests charged separately, or what?

What if you are treating two other guests who are not 4-start Mariners; do I get 50% off the entire bill or are the guests charged separately, or what?

You charge it to your cabin, you'll get the 4* discount.

It has been our experience if we treat others to dinner in Pinnacle and we pick up the check, we are charged at our discounted rate.

If I book dinner at the Pinnacle months before sailing I have to pay with a credit card and thus can't use my ship credit. To use my ship credit I have to wait until I'm on board. Anyone know how fast the Pinnacle books up or what my odds are of getting a reservation for at least one of the first 3 nights? Come to think of it can reservations be made at the Pinnacle on formal night? What nights are generally formal on the Oosterdam Alaska southbound? Thanks again!

You have to pay by credit card when you book your reservations. You can only use your OBC while On Board. It is not possible to say if Pinnacle will fully book for your specific cruise. Sometimes it is more busy than other times. Pinnacle always takes reservations for formal nights though it could be Le Cirque night or a group has taken it over which does not happen very often. If you go to attempt making reservations on line, select each night of your cruise and verify whether it is Le Cirque, for example.

If you want to know which nights will likely be formal for your cruise, post your itinerary. It is impossible for us to know the itinerary for 15 ships, each itinerary. I'm too lazy to go research and get your itinerary for you. :D

Edited by sail7seas

You charge it to your cabin, you'll get the 4* discount.
Maybe yes, maybe no. On the Nieuw A we booked a Tamarind dinner for 4. On the ship we had two choices: (1) split the bill, with us getting the 3* discount and the non-Mariners billed the full price on their account, or (2) not get our discount. :(

The Mariner Society FAQs say explicitly:

13. Can I extend my benefits (such as the 25% or 50% discount at select food and beverage outlets) to shipmates?

No. Benefits are intended for the personal use of the applicable guest and those sharing a stateroom with the guest on the same booking number. Not applicable to groups. Holland America Line reserves the right to limit benefits if necessary.

Still a bargain. Even at $29.00 pp.
But remember that's in addition to the MDR dinner that you have also paid for. Edited by catl331

Ahh, famous HAL lack of consistency. :D :eek:

We have always been given our four star/five star discount when hosting guests in Pinnacle. I am sure on Maasdam, Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Veendam, Noordam, Westerdam...... we got the discount.