customer service....not so great

kris2cruise

Is this the type of service we can expect from NCL?

We booked premium seating for the illsionarium but the booking only went through for DH & I but not for our 2 kids. Evidently there was a problem with the cabins & our kids got put in 1 cabin & we were in the other. In order to make reservations for the kids they have to be in a cabin with an adult. So we fixed this issue & called NCL directly to get the same seating for the kids with us. The woman we spoke with told us that since the mistake with the cabins was the fault of the travel agent & not NCL's we were out of luck & can't have seating for the kids...umm I'm a bit irritated with this! Since the mistake wasn't ours either, I think as the consumer the customer service person could've tried a little harder to help fix the problem instead of informing us we were out of luck (her exact words)!

If this is the level of customer service we can look forward to...well I'm disappointed! :mad::mad:

Is getting blown off the norm for NCL?

If you booked through a travel agent, your agent needs to make the changes. NCL does not own your booking, the travel agent does. Its not an NCL customer service problem.

Its a bummer that it didn't work like you wanted it to, you should be on the phone with the agent and having them correct the situation, that is what you are paying them to do.

We had the travel agent fix the cabin issue. They don't book the on board activities, that is done via NCL & when we tried to get reservations for the kids to do the illusionsrium with us, that's when we encountered the less than helpful customer service woman.

The booking is the TA - the excursions and onboard activities are NCL. I have never had a NCL customer service person working in either of these departments try to send me back to the TA. they have always helped with my reservation for dinner or a show. Call again, and you should get someone else who has better sense.

Also remember only a small portion of these shows are pre-booked online. You can still go and add your kids as soon as you board. There should be plenty of room.

Is this the type of service we can expect from NCL?

We booked premium seating for the illsionarium but the booking only went through for DH & I but not for our 2 kids. Evidently there was a problem with the cabins & our kids got put in 1 cabin & we were in the other. In order to make reservations for the kids they have to be in a cabin with an adult. So we fixed this issue & called NCL directly to get the same seating for the kids with us. The woman we spoke with told us that since the mistake with the cabins was the fault of the travel agent & not NCL's we were out of luck & can't have seating for the kids...umm I'm a bit irritated with this! Since the mistake wasn't ours either, I think as the consumer the customer service person could've tried a little harder to help fix the problem instead of informing us we were out of luck (her exact words)!

If this is the level of customer service we can look forward to...well I'm disappointed! :mad::mad:

You just have to call your TA to correct the booking, that's all. NCL is not allowed to do it if you have a TA.

We had the travel agent fix the cabin issue. They don't book the on board activities, that is done via NCL & when we tried to get reservations for the kids to do the illusionsrium with us, that's when we encountered the less than helpful customer service woman.

If your cabin issue is fixed - call NCL back. That makes no sense at all that they can't help you with the reservation!

Unfortunately yes, if you booked with a TA....they will not even answer your question. It's the same with other crusie lines. I find that very frustrating so now I book directly.

In your case, I would call the TA and have them sort it out with NCL. Good Luck and hope you have a great cruise!

Wow people, read the previous posts. It doesn't matter if the OP booked with a travel agent or not in regards to entertainment reservations. However, OP, the travel agent will probably be able to help you if you explain the situation to them. With that said, you should most likely be able to call back and get someone else at NCL who will try to work with you. Sometimes you just get a bad customer service person and need to try again.

One of the main reasons people state for using a TA is to get better "perks". It is never mentioned that the TA then has total responsibility for the reservation since they are being paid to handle it. When problems develop, i.e. kids in a stateroom alone (against the rules) it suddenly becomes NCL's problem. You have to deal with the TA for all of your issues until you reach the ship, then NCL will take care of you.

So, in general, yes NCL will "blow you off" until you board the ship, the TA owns your reservation. I hope you picked a good one!

One of the main reasons people state for using a TA is to get better "perks". It is never mentioned that the TA then has total responsibility for the reservation since they are being paid to handle it. When problems develop, i.e. kids in a stateroom alone (against the rules) it suddenly becomes NCL's problem. You have to deal with the TA for all of your issues until you reach the ship, then NCL will take care of you.

So, in general, yes NCL will "blow you off" until you board the ship, the TA owns your reservation. I hope you picked a good one!

As has been previously stated by more than poster, anyone who is booked through a TA can call NCL themselves to book entertainment, excursions, and dinners reservations. I recently did that myself with no issues, and I am booked through a TA. Only issues related to the cruise booking itself must be handled by the TA, and it sounds like they have already taken care of that issue.

Now, someone at NCL need to help the OP with the show booking. No need to chastise the OP for choosing to book with a TA.

Edited by punkincc

What kind of customer service can you expect on the ship ??

I cant say "the best on the 7 seas" simply because I have not been on the 7 seas...yet :)

But the few little problems I had on my 5 cruises were easily and efficiently resolved onboard :)

Ncl has met every expectation I had and that is why I am a loyal customer :)

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Thanks for all the info. Sounds like we should skip the TA...live & learn I guess ;-)

I did call NCL again & got someone who was having a better day than the 1st representative, lol, she said it appears to be a case of all the early booking seats are gone. But advised us to check once on board. She's sure given the situation we can get a table with room for the kids. However the computer system won't allow her to modify our existing reservation at this time. Which is fine, I understand rules & policies & don't feel I'm above them. What I had a problem with is the rudeness of the 1st customer service representative! A reasonable explanation rather than curtly saying we we're out of luck & how it's not NCL's problem is much preferred!

Premium seating or not we are all excited about our first family cruise & we will have a fantastic time :-)