Brunch - MDR

DebPaul

I realize this is sort of a silly question but every time we have been on Celebrity they have had a wonderful Jazz type Brunch in the MDR - I believe on a Sunday Sail Day.

I was wondering if anyone knew if they do this Brunch on the Reflection that is sailing now in the Caribben? We will be on this ship on March 1st and the only Sunday is the first sail day and wasn't sure they would do it so quick to the start of the trip?

Thanks

Debbie

It depends. On what, I don't know.

On our December 2012 cruise there was a brunch on Thursday.

On our December 2013 cruise there was no brunch. However, the sailing a week or two before ours did have a brunch on one of the sea days (Thursday I think).

Celebrity usually has a brunch on a sea day, close to the end of the cruise. It's usually not a Sunday....and it is not really announced....it just appears as a meal on the daily handout under main dining room....you have to sort of stumble on it. Occasionally, your waiter will mention it the night before, although we have never been reminded in Blu.

And then, on some cruises, they just don't do it for whatever reason.

I'm just off the Reflection. Yes there was a brunch. No clue what day of the week it was, I don't keep track of days when I'm cruising. It will be on a sea day. Really has nothing to do with Sunday. Our waiters told us about it the night before. As did our assistant maitre d'.

You will not find this publicized in the Daily. Look under restaurant hours to find it.

It is very stange how they handle the brunch, we heard about it from our waiter. Although it's not pushed (I don't know why) it's not to be missed. I think years ago it was put on to replace the Midnight Buffet.

Never seen it on a Sunday, seems to me it's on Thursday or on sea day on most ships.

J.

Edited by jsf

We experienced it on Eclipse last year. We didnt care for it. Apart from the ice sculptures the food was the same as the buffet breakfast with a bit of the buffet lunch thrown in. They had a great looking salmon dish but unfortunately the salmon was uncooked throughout and cold in the middle...apparantly on mentioning it this is how it is meant to be. We wont be going again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Having come just off of the Solstice, there was no Big Brunch on our Celebrity sailing. It was fourteen days with four sea days. BUT, things were busy on this cruise, for both passengers and staff. Many more details are shared below. Having seen the "big show" of this buffet on the Solstice in June, 2011, I did not miss it too much. It's nice and I liked it, but it can be crowded and too busy.

There was speculation on our sailing that the recent virus stuff affecting a RCCL ship might have affected some of that thinking to avoid too many of these "big" sharing types of events at this time of the year.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Just back from doing a 14-day Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under". Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for my live/blog, much more information and lots of more pictures on this ship and these amazing sights in this great part of the world. This posting is now over 26,600 views with lots more visuals and other background still to be posted. Happy to answer any questions on this link.

Edited by TLCOhio

Thanks for all the info everyone. We have had the brunch on all of the Celebrity ships we have been on -- this will our fifth. I guess all does depend on timing; while I know the food isn't all that different, (well the first time they had more special foods but then it changed) when we walked in the first time with the Jazz musician's playing and it was not crazy busy we thought it was lovely. That said, it is always so weird that they don't really advertise it. We now know to look for it or to ask our waiters, but one does wonder why it isn't announced.

We experienced it on Eclipse last year. We didnt care for it. Apart from the ice sculptures the food was the same as the buffet breakfast with a bit of the buffet lunch thrown in. They had a great looking salmon dish but unfortunately the salmon was uncooked throughout and cold in the middle...apparantly on mentioning it this is how it is meant to be. We wont be going again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I believe you are referring to the smoked salmon??? Sorry to say, but this is how it is served. You either like smoked salmon, or you don't. :)