latitudes tier question

gizfish

If we will have enough points to move to the next Latitudes tier on day one of a cruise, are we still stuck in the same lower tier for the entire cruise?

You won't get any points until after your cruise is completed so you can't reach it on Day 1. I know how you feel though because if points were posted daily we would have made it on Day 3 of a cruise......six cruises ago.

Edited by peg013

Yes...

Points are totalled AFTER the cruise...so moving up is for the next cruise :(

What perks are you looking forward on your next tier ?

I will be platinum in "only" 16 points...but perks from 1 year ago and now have changed ( downgraded ) so much... apart from recognition, the perks are not worth it I think

Have fun anyways !!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Yes...

Points are totalled AFTER the cruise...so moving up is for the next cruise :(

What perks are you looking forward on your next tier ?

I will be platinum in "only" 16 points...but perks from 1 year ago and now have changed ( downgraded ) so much... apart from recognition, the perks are not worth it I think

Have fun anyways !!

What has changed in the past year? Only thing I know that has changed is the discount in the shops is now only on NCL logo items.

I went on an NCL cruise in 1980. If I can come up with proof is it worth it to get more Latitude points? I am just a bronze now.

Yes, if you can actually prove you were on a sailing you can get the points. You need to deal with the Latitudes Desk on the website and it isn't a quick fix, it might take a few weeks to get credited.

There are several threads about doing this if you do a search for retroactive latitudes or similar.

What has changed in the past year? Only thing I know that has changed is the discount in the shops is now only on NCL logo items.

Well discount in the shop is a MAJOR thing for every tier level....Only Ncl's and only one transaction...that sucks :(

For platinum level the "concierge" is a thing of the past... It is still listed but just try to use it on board...

In an other thread someone said it will be delisted from the perks and is, in practical, not available on ships.

And I think there was a change also in the laundry bag also...

RtdBank, I think the best perk being Platinum is the free laundry and the free dinner. Both DH an I are Platinum so we get 2 free dinners each cruise. Have you created an online account with NCL? They show all your past cruises and you may already have credits for the cruise you took years ago.

Edited by agargoyle

For platinum level the "concierge" is a thing of the past... It is still listed but just try to use it on board...

In an other thread someone said it will be delisted from the perks and is, in practical, not available on ships.

And I think there was a change also in the laundry bag also...

At least on Breakaway, the onboard Cruise Consultant has effectively taken over the Concierge duties for Platinum members. To be honest, I didn't notice much of a difference. They are more than capable of handling requests and reservations. As a non-suite guest, it's difficult to access the Concierge on the newer ships anyway as their desks are tucked away behind locked doors in the Haven complexes. In terms of logistics, there's also no way that the Concierge can handle that many passengers effectively. Our Breakaway sailings had over several hundred Platinum members! I think you'd get better service through the Cruise Consultant than an overstressed Concierge anyway.

You still get a complimentary bag of laundry. No charge.

I think NCL's Platinum status is great....first of all, I believe it is by far the easiest top-tier to attain (only 75 'credits'), of any cruise line.

And it has better perks than what some other lines offer for several hundred 'credits'....just look at their websites and compare...

On our recent 12 day Breakaway cruise, we each got a bag of free laundry service twice, for a total of four bags. And we each got two free dinners in a specialty restaurant with a surcharge of up to $20 each, including a free bottle of wine.

And the bottle of wine, the chocolate covered strawberries, and the Godiva truffles were a very nice welcome aboard gift.

We heard of the new restriction on logo merchandise, but we made two separate purchases on different days on our cruise, and we still got the discount...don't know if we 'got away' with something, or the new rules have been mis-interpreted here...

We obtained silver status on our lady cruise and got the perks during the cruise instead of after... We were told by the cruise consultant to just have the front desk reprint our cards. He put it into the computer once we were on board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Already 'de-listed' on Norwegian Breakaway. The onboard sheet of amenities has removed it completely.

At least on Breakaway, the onboard Cruise Consultant has effectively taken over the Concierge duties for Platinum members. To be honest, I didn't notice much of a difference. They are more than capable of handling requests and reservations.

I'm glad to read they were able to assist some passengers like yourself.

For my Breakaway sailing those dual bumpkins would literally laugh when you asked for concierge assistance. The majority of all passengers found the majority of their pre-booked entertainment had been adjusted on embarkation . . . some conflicting/overlapping with pre-booked dining.

Cruise Consultant hours on those first two days were not optimal for getting it all worked out, as some of those conflicts started within an hour of their opening time, plus they were late opening that first sea day.

Cruise%20Consultant%20Sign%201-XL.jpg

For my Breakaway sailing those dual bumpkins would literally laugh when you asked for concierge assistance. The majority of all passengers found the majority of their pre-booked entertainment had been adjusted on embarkation . . . some conflicting/overlapping with pre-booked dining.

I never pre-book entertainment or dining, so that may be a reason why I did not encounter the problems that you did. I like being able to choose what I want to do when I want to do it. I thought he was jovial and that his laughs were spirited interaction rather than derision. He followed through with dinner reservations and several special requests that we typically ask the Haven Concierge to provide. He spoke frankly about having to cutback Concierge services on certain sailings with too many Platinum members.

Adjusted cruise for both NCL and Celebrity. Just emailed the latitudes desk with proof. With NCL, we had cruise confirmation numbers. With Celebrity, it was harder. It was 1992 but we had our room cards. Made copies and sent them to our travel agent for her to send on.

If we will have enough points to move to the next Latitudes tier on day one of a cruise, are we still stuck in the same lower tier for the entire cruise?

Cruise must be completed before the points will post to your account.