Are any of the staterooms on the Gem misclassified

mattR

Are any of the staterooms on the Gem misclassified or better then others in the same category? When I was researching the Disney Wonder there were certain cabins that had bigger balcony's or unobstructed views that were supposed to be obstructed or a port hole that was supposed to be an inside. Some cabins larger then others same cat. Is there a list of such cabins for the Gem?

Yes there is.

Which one are they ?? You will not find such a listing :(

Even if we are a "community" here on CC, this info is very very hard to obtain. If everyone knew about the "special cabins" it would become very hard, for the one who has the secret, to book them then.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Yes there is.

Which one are they ?? You will not find such a listing :(

Even if we are a "community" here on CC, this info is very very hard to obtain. If everyone knew about the "special cabins" it would become very hard, for the one who has the secret, to book them then.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Supposedly there are only 3% of total cruisers on this site. It wouldn't hurt to let the "secret" out. The chances that the poster will be on the same exact sailing as you are slim to none. Be nice, and share!

Supposedly there are only 3% of total cruisers on this site. It wouldn't hurt to let the "secret" out. The chances that the poster will be on the same exact sailing as you are slim to none. Be nice, and share!

Actually there is a very good chance they will be on here. Just look at the roll calls, at times there may be a hundred or more cc members on any given cruise. These "secrets" are not likely to be shared. Otherwise the one with the "secret" would no longer get the room.;)

I just want to clarify that I DO NOT have any secrets on rooms on the Gem. I am just stating that there is but I don't know them either.

If on the Gem there is 5 or 6 of those "special" cabins out of the about 900 cabins on the ship it equals to 0,5% of them. If we are 3% of the cruiser here on CC, then it is easy to say that if everyone knew about them there would be 60 ( on 2000 passengers ) members to try and get the 5 or 6 cabins...

If you read many many many reviews you might get to know about it :)

Actually there is a very good chance they will be on here. Just look at the roll calls, at times there may be a hundred or more cc members on any given cruise. These "secrets" are not likely to be shared. Otherwise the one with the "secret" would no longer get the room.;)

Usually people on roll calls have cabins booked already! But I agree- the more you research, the better chance you have of knowing these "special" cabins. :). O

When, if ever;) the search function is working again on these boards, try a search. A few months ago there was a thread on weird balconies. Double size, weird shape, "tunnel" or covered balcony...

And I think even a special report was made on the main page of CC.

Good luck !