Drink Package

Cool-Snooks

Hi all...again I have another question about these packages.

Our travelling friends have been told that a couple sharing the same cabin, cannot buy an alcoholic package and a non-alcoholic package. They have to be both alcoholic or non-alcoholic.

As one does drink and the other has health issues and cannot drink any alcoholic, this does not seem very fair.

Has anyone heard of this?

Our travelling friends have been told that a couple sharing the same cabin, cannot buy an alcoholic package and a non-alcoholic package. They have to be both alcoholic or non-alcoholic.

As one does drink and the other has health issues and cannot drink any alcoholic, this does not seem very fair.

Although this information may be old, you don't have to book the same package for both in the room unless it is given to you as part of the 123go perk -- and then it doesn't matter.

This has NEVER been the case for us on CELEBRITY. My husband is a generous drinker and I am not. He has taken the drink package on almost every CELEBRITY cruise we've taken, since their existence. I have NEVER bought it. I think the intent is to cut back on those that insist on "sharing" one package.

However, on RCCL (Celebrity's Sister Co) the requirement was in place from the very beginning...if 1 bought in a cabin, both had to. I am diabetic so I obtained a letter from my Dr. stating that I should not drink alcoholic due to my medical condition and medications consumed. I was NOT forced to by the drink package and he was allowed to purchase it independently.

Like the previous poster stated, with the 123Go package it isn't an issue. You either both take the drink package, the pre-paid gratuities, or the OBC.

I rang Celebrity Cruises, and was told that it is their policy to enforce the alcohol and non-alcohol packages.....they have to be the same...even if a doctor's certificate is produced.

This seems very unfair.

Did you buy before you cruised or once on board????

This must be a new policy, I had the non-alcoholic package and my DH the alcohol package on our last cruise. I am not a huge drinker and it was much more economical to buy them as I wanted them than to go with the alcohol package. I am not so sure I like the new policy :eek:

I rang Celebrity Cruises, and was told that it is their policy to enforce the alcohol and non-alcohol packages.....they have to be the same...even if a doctor's certificate is produced.

This seems very unfair.

Is this in reference to purchasing the packages? If yes you should call them again because i am fairly certain that this is not the Celebrity policy. Or is this in reference to the 123 Promo choice? In that case just select the classic package for both of you.

If you are buying it you should buy it in advance before the "buy in advance" price increase on 2/18.

yes this is for buying it before we cruise...not the 123go package. That's what Celebrity said and also our TA.

I'm really frustrated by all the conflicts.. but I guess it will all work out in the end.

I will be buying it before the price increase....thank you for your information on the increase...I did not know about that.

Edited by Cool-Snooks

This seems very unfair.

That is 100% not the policy, in fact the official Celebrity Spokes person on cruise critic just commented on this issue on another thread.

This is the policy on NCL not Celebrity......Period.

For the past 3 and upcoming Celebrity cruises DH and I have been on I purchased the alcohol package and DH purchased the non-alcolhol package.

If you are a Captain's Club member call the Captain's Club and book it through them. Hopefully you will not have a problem.

yes this is for buying it before we cruise...not the 123go package. That's what Celebrity said and also our TA.

I'm really frustrated by all the conflicts.. but I guess it will all work out in the end.

I will be buying it before the price increase....thank you for your information on the increase...I did not know about that.

If you are BUYING the packages (as distinct from getting them for free as part of a promo), you and your traveling companion can buy DIFFERENT packages, and one can be non-alcohol while the other isn't. My spouse and I have done this twice, as recently as the other day. I buy the premium non-alcohol pkg, and she gets the premium package.

The easiest way to do this is to log onto your reservation on Celebrity's web site, follow the link to buy beverage packages, and go from there. For each package, you'll have the option to select all the pax on the reservation, or just specific individuals.

As I said, I just did this other day, to lock in the prices before they go up on Feb. 18.

This seems very unfair....

This must be a new policy, I had the non-alcoholic package and my DH the alcohol package on our last cruise...

I've read before that people had received this same incorrect information from the phone reps. I'd attribute it as just an inaccuracy and might be a result of common staff working both the RCCL and Celebrity lines. My understanding is that it is not a requirement on Celebrity that both have to buy identical packages but it is on RCCL.

If you have a cruise booked then just try booking only for one person online. That should convince you.

Edited by Lsimon