Live from Eclipse - some thing spreading

HS2BS

Well I was off a cruise an entire month first, so do 't think I caught it on a ship. My husband got it and two days later I did too.

High fever, cough, no appetitie, sore throat, bronchitis moved to pneumonia. Inability to move for a couple of weeks and that was with tamiflu, nebulizer and antibiotics. Comes on suddenly and hits hard. It's not contagious the entire time. I also threw out ribs coughing.

Whatever it was a lot of people were very sick in our area.

Edited by hulamoon

I I had brought on a Z pack (anti biotic) that my Dr. had provided but I went to the ship's Dr. to make sure I should take it. She said yes and also prescribed a cough syrup and Prednisone. She said I was not contagious and my husband did not catch anything. The day I started the Prednisone I started having excruciating pain when coughing - like my chest had fire raging but only upon the coughing fits. I took the Prednisone 2 days and have refused to take the last one as I am not sure that it isn't the problem. So what did or do I have? I'll be seeing my Dr on Monday but PLEASE everyone take it as a warning. Noro is not the worst thing you can catch.

I hope you are feeling better and sorry you had to go through getting sick on your vacation.

PS -- antibiotics should really only be taken for confirmed bacterial infections, though. Don't want to see you end up with a bad viral respiratory infection compounded by a bad digestive disorder such as c.diff

Last April I started with Bronchitis on day 2 of our Transatlantic on Avdventure of the Seas.... A lot of people were coughing. Although I think I caught mine on plane on way over to San Juan.

I stupidly didn't go to see the doc on board, and just dosed myself with pain killers and cough medicine. I was ill for 6 weeks after the cruise. Had 3 lots of antibiotics, 2 X-rays and 4 blood tests!

Going on Eclipse In May hoping for a better time.... Hope everything has cleared up!!!

Edited by billyelliot

I noticed the last few posts mentioned having bronchitis. Once a person has that or pneumonia for the first time it makes them very susceptible to other airborn viruses. Always take extra precautions if you have ever had bronchitis or pnemonia. If you see anyone in your vicinity that has a cough, runny nose, or is sneezing move away from them ASAP. These precautions should also be taken by anyone with asthma.

No, I am not a doctor, but I play one on TV.:D