Disney's onboard movies

sparty1

How can I find out what movie(s) will be shown on our specific cruise on the Fantasy in March? I don't want our granddaughter seeing the movie the week b4 and being disappointed that she's already seen the movie that will be shown onboard. Thank you.

How can I find out what movie(s) will be shown on our specific cruise on the Fantasy in March? I don't want our granddaughter seeing the movie the week b4 and being disappointed that she's already seen the movie that will be shown onboard. Thank you.

You can call 888-325-2500, choose the reservations option, then ask what movies will be showing the week you cruise.

If you call within 2 weeks of your cruise you'll get the best answer for your specific cruise. Earlier than that, they can give you the "most likely" to be shown.

Thank you sooo much! I will do that:-)

You can call 888-325-2500, choose the reservations option, then ask what movies will be showing the week you cruise.

If you call within 2 weeks of your cruise you'll get the best answer for your specific cruise. Earlier than that, they can give you the "most likely" to be shown.

Thanx. I was given "Need for Speed" and "Muppets: Most Wanted" as the 2 new releases during March. Seem right?

New releases my not be known by the info line...but anything that is released on land during your cruise will also have a PremEar at sea on the same day. That is' date=' anything released under the Disney label.[/quote']

Our cruise starts March 22, so will they still be showing both, or either one of these in the theater when we're there? Thx

Need for Speed--March 14

Muppets--March 21

These are the release dates listed on line...so again' date=' I would expect a midnight PremEar at Sea on those dates on the ships.[/quote']

Our cruise starts March 22, so will they still be showing both, or either one of these in the theater when we're there? Thx

Absolutely. Movies tend to hang around a lot longer on the ships than in the local theatres. This is particularly true on longer cruises. It is hard to fit in all the movies they consider "current" on a 3 night cruise, but I'd still expect both of these.

Do movies ever premiere early on the ship? We are sailing on the Fantasy Feb. 22 and my wife called the number to see which movies would be playing.

They listed -

The Muppets

Finding Nemo 3D

Wreck-it Ralph

Iron Man 3

Monsters University

The Lone Ranger

Planes

Thor: The Dark World

Frozen

Frozen (sing along version)

Saving Mr. Banks

The lady my wife talked to also said “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”. That doesn’t come out in US theaters until April. I mean, it would be absolutely AMAZING if they did show it since I am really looking forward to seeing it, but it seems too good to be true. I was also curious if “The Muppets” was the original one or the sequel that is being released in March. I did call a different time and the lady I talked to did not list Captain America, so I am thinking maybe the first one had her dates mixed up…..

Do movies ever premiere early on the ship? We are sailing on the Fantasy Feb. 22 and my wife called the number to see which movies would be playing.

They listed -

The Muppets

Finding Nemo 3D

Wreck-it Ralph

Iron Man 3

Monsters University

The Lone Ranger

Planes

Thor: The Dark World

Frozen

Frozen (sing along version)

Saving Mr. Banks

The lady my wife talked to also said “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”. That doesn’t come out in US theaters until April. I mean, it would be absolutely AMAZING if they did show it since I am really looking forward to seeing it, but it seems too good to be true. I was also curious if “The Muppets” was the original one or the sequel that is being released in March. I did call a different time and the lady I talked to did not list Captain America, so I am thinking maybe the first one had her dates mixed up…..

Any Disney produced or distributed films that debut during your cruise will have a PremEAR at Sea. On the day it opens, at midnight (the one that changes the day to the debut date) they have the showing, usually in the Walt Disney Theatre. It will run several more times during the remainder of the cruise.

They do not release them early onboard. Only the actual day of opening.

As Schmoo said, they are not released early on board. There is usually a 12:01 am showing on the release date and several more showings on that day.

It's funny...I can still tell you what movies we saw at the 12:01 release time on various cruises.

Edited by moki'smommy

Does anyone know what movies are currently showing on the Dream. We are on the cruise leaving on Thursday. Disney have any new movies coming out this weekend that will premiere?

Just off the Dream yesterday. I don't do funnelvision (the outside at the pool one), so I don't know those specifically, but in the Buena Vista Theatre they showed Monsters University, Frozen, Frozen sing-along (not that people don't make the "regular" one a sing-along anyway...), Thor: The Dark World, and Saving Mr. Banks. When available, they had 3D showings - though if available there was at least one "regular" showing for those who can't do 3D. (My one iffy bit on that is Thor...I don't know that I ever saw it listed without the 3D next to it.)

No new movies until The Need for Speed.

If they are releasing a new movie, you can be pretty assured it will be showing in the ship. They usually have several movies being shown in any given cruise (one a PG-13 or R rated movie later in the evening for the older teens and adults).

The movie schedule for the entire cruise or week will be in your cabin on the first day. This allows you to plan things a bit. NOTE--if your cruise is longer than 7 nights, the second part may not be a repeat of the first. Last summer, we delayed watching one film thinking that we would do it the next week during a sea day....and none of the films were repeated on the next schedule! That's both good and bad.

• 1 month later...
Ok, I guess I asked for an answer like that. lol

Has anyone sailed recently and remembers what movies were shown? Or has anyone called to get a list?

Yeah, sometimes my quirkiness comes out.

Which ship and how long a cruise? (it does matter as there are a lot more movies on longer cruises)

Frozen is still being shown (movies stick around a lot longer on the ship than on land). It is regular, 3-D, and sing along versions all on board on 7 nights. Saving Mr. Banks. The new Muppet movie. A bunch more that I don't remember.

I called about a week ago, here is what they told me:

Captain America

Bears (April 18)

Frozen

Muppets most wanted

Saving Mr. Banks

They may have said one or two other films, but I cant recall.

Hope this helps!

Looking forward to what we will see this summer on the Magic in the Med, we have four sea days to catch up, though we will also been sunning ourselves.

Sent from my iPad.

I called about a week ago, here is what they told me:

Captain America

Bears (April 18)

Frozen

Muppets most wanted

Saving Mr. Banks

They may have said one or two other films, but I cant recall.

Hope this helps!

Thanks! I gave them the phone number. I tried calling but it prompted me for the reservation # and I don't have it. (calling for friend)

They're sailing on the Dream on April 21st.

Thanks! I gave them the phone number. I tried calling but it prompted me for the reservation # and I don't have it. (calling for friend)

They're sailing on the Dream on April 21st.

Nothing for nothing, but why can't they just call for themselves?