Carnival Dream

tigerdadky

The Dream is a very nice ship but I prefer the Conquest Class ship since they are not quite as large. That being said, we just got off the Dream this past Saturday (Feb. 8th). The embarking & debarking is very easy...but we are platinum cruisers and get early on/early off. I think it is very easy for all cruisers! Have fun!

I too, agree with the above posters. DREAM is an excellent cruise, and IMO the best of that class ships. Crowded, but with just a bit of pre-planning you can avoid 90% of that problem. Food and service both very good, and entertainment OUTSTANDING!

Port Canaveral is very good as well, and has fewer of the problems you'll encounter at Miami, and to a lesser extent, Ft. Lauderdale. I also agree that if you're driving to the port, the available off site parking is the only way to go. Easy, convenient, and about 50% of the cost of parking at the port.

Bottom line, you're gonna LOVE your cruise aboard "Dream". Congrats!

"SKY"

The wife and I were just given a free cruise on th Dream. What do yall think of the ship and how is Port Canaveral for embarking and debarking.

We've been on the dream twice and are booked on the repositioning cruise in April. It's our favorite ship because of the cloud 9 spa. We also love the tandoor restaurant on the back of Lido. Last year, before we were platinum we waited about 1-1/2 hour to board. We arrived at about 10 and were on by 11:30.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

However, they are moving the Dream to the Port of New Orleans in April.

Yep, you're right about that. I was really getting comfortable with "Dream" being so convenient for me, and they pulled the plug! :mad: Oh well, I too enjoy "Conquest Class" ships as much, or more than the "Dream". :cool: Now, if we can get a good replacement for "Legend" in Tampa, we'll have it made! ;)

"SKY"

The wife and I were just given a free cruise on th Dream. What do yall think of the ship and how is Port Canaveral for embarking and debarking.

Who cares??? It's a cruise... It's free... As long as it's not the SS Minnow and Gilligan isn't around, I'm there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Dream is our favorite ship (by far), and Port Canaveral is our favorite port! We are booked on the Dream in October after it moves to New Orleans, and hope that they can do the Dream as well as PC has done!!!

Please please tell me they don't have the Playlist shows...what specifically was outstanding? We're going in two weeks. Thanks.

No playlist shows, it's one of the 2.0 upgrades it did not get, no Guy's burgers either.

"Dancing in the Streets" is one of the best cruise shows I've ever seen and will watch it every time I get the opportunity. Brings a whole new definition to pole dancing!

Just off the Dream on 2/15. The ship itself is nice. Embarkation and debarkation were a breeze. Stateroom attendant was superb. The main dining room needs a lot if work to improve service. Every night there was a huge lineup and wait up get in. The line barely moved. Once we got in the service was extremely slow. Another problem is a lack of activities in the evening. I will not sail Dream again.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We've been on the dream twice and are booked on the repositioning cruise in April. It's our favorite ship because of the cloud 9 spa. We also love the tandoor restaurant on the back of Lido. Last year, before we were platinum we waited about 1-1/2 hour to board. We arrived at about 10 and were on by 11:30.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When does the Dream reposition