owning stock, any perks?

if you own Royal Carribean stock, do you get any perks, like on board credits? if so, how much do you have to own? :confused: thanks

With 100 shares or more, you get onboard credit, but it's not combinable with anything. Full details at investor relations.

$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.

$200 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 10 to 13 nights.

$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 9 nights.

$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

Edited by ehfl

Yes, you can get onboard credit if you own at least 100 shares. It is not combinable with some other discounts and onboard credit like the onboard credit you get booking a future cruise on board. Sorry, I don't have all the details about what is combinable, but I'm guessing someone will chime in with more details.

Edited to add: I'm glad to see that ehfl had great information for you & sorry mine took so long to post. I think my computer is slower that Royal's onboard ones today!!

Edited by ktbr11crs

Yes, you can get onboard credit if you own at least 100 shares. It is not combinable with some other discounts and onboard credit like the onboard credit you get booking a future cruise on board. Sorry, I don't have all the details about what is combinable, but I'm guessing someone will chime in with more details.

So, if you have $100 in OBC from another offer, then you can't get the additional $100 shareholder OBC? Not sure if that would be considered "combining", or just two different credits.

So, if you have $100 in OBC from another offer, then you can't get the additional $100 shareholder OBC? Not sure if that would be considered "combining", or just two different credits.

It depends on where the other offer is from, but I believe they just mean you can't have multiple credits of a certain type on one reservation.

glad you asked that question???? If you book and you have an OBC of $50 and you own 100 shares of stock and sail 5 days then you get another $50 OBC right? equals $100 OBC right? LOL gotta have it spelled out for me like that:rolleyes:

It depends on where the other offer is from, but I believe they just mean you can't have multiple credits of a certain type on one reservation.

I guess therein lies the $64,000 question! For instance, is booking a future cruise while onboard and getting the onboard booking credit "the same type"??

glad you asked that question???? If you book and you have an OBC of $50 and you own 100 shares of stock and sail 5 days then you get another $50 OBC right? equals $100 OBC right? LOL gotta have it spelled out for me like that:rolleyes:

Only if the first OBC is not from Royal.

Only if the first OBC is not from Royal.

So, if you book onboard and get a $100 OBC for the onboard booking, then that relegates you to ZERO stockholder benefit. :confused: Doesn't seem right, but if that's their rule, guess that's their rule. Wish they'd explain it better though - "not available to be added to any other OBC provided directly by Royal Caribbean" would be a whole lot clearer. In fact, "not combinable with any other offer" is vague enough to bring other questions to mind - if you are C&A and get the Suite Discount, can you then not get the shareholder OBC? They're both "offers" from RCCL, so maybe not.

Edited by LetsGetWet!

Hmmmm....can't be combined? Seems odd. Should be combinable with the deposit for next cruise, which results in $100....I just put a limit order in for 100 shares....anyone out there own shares ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You also can't use it if you use a balcony discount from your tier status. You also can't use if you use one of the coupons from the offers sections on RCL's site. No double dipping with RCL. If it's an outside source like friend sent you an OBC then you could use the stock credit but not if it originated from RCL.

Hmmmm....can't be combined? Seems odd. Should be combinable with the deposit for next cruise, which results in $100....I just put a limit order in for 100 shares....anyone out there own shares ?

Yes, many of us own shares, and the combinability was removed back in 2008 I believe. You cannot combine the shareholder benefit with any C&A benefit.

Yes, many of us own shares, and the combinability was removed back in 2008 I believe. You cannot combine the shareholder benefit with any C&A benefit.

Too bad. I'm not interested in launching into a tirade about it - but essentially what it means then is "if you're a shareholder you are entitled to a cruise benefit, but once you've cruised with us for at least 30 days total, then that shareholder benefit will essentially be gone."

Is the 30 days referring to diamond status? Then I'll get even madder since I've cruised almost every year since 2002 and only have 68 points!

Haha! No, 30 points (days) is Platinum. But onboard booking benefits start at Gold (3 points!) and Suite discounts start at Platinum. Emerald is 55 points and Diamond is 80, FWIW.

The only way the shareholder benefit works well is if you are booking an inside or an OV because the benefit is usually more than any other benefit from RCL like a next cruise certificate or a WOW sale. If you book a balcony, the balcony discount usually is more than the shareholder benefit depending on your C&A status. Basically, the more C&A points you have, the shareholder benefit becomes less useful for a balcony.

I use it all the time, but when I've booked with other RCL OBC, I've had to call and get the other benefit removed so the shareholder benefit would kick in. You can combine it with OBC given by a TA and RCL Visa redemption points.

The TA OBC is not coming from RCI. The stockholder benefit is coming from RCCL. You can get your TA benefit and you can get your RCCL benefit. The stockholder benefit isn't combinable w/ other Royal discounts/OBC's whether it's for booking onboard, OR your Crown and Anchor Balcony/Suite discount.

I have stock and I pretty much never get to use it as I use my Diamond Balcony discount. I'm OK w/ that. The stock is about doubled from when I bought it, and I knew about combinability going in (if you google RCL stockholder benefit you'll get a pdf link which spells it out in detail). I've no problem with it. However, like Carol (HI there 138East!) if I were booking an inside or an OV it would come in handy.

On a 2011 cruise I was able to get my diamond balcony discount and my shareholders credit and get shipboard credit from credit card vouchers.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

we booked our April EX cruise while on MJ in September. That got us a $25 OBC from RCI for booking while on board. I own over 100 shares of stock so I had my TA ask RCI remove the $25 OBC and I got my $50 OBC for being a shareholder. I could not have both. We usually book interior cabins to save money. And now the dividend went up from eleven cents a share to twenty-five cents a share. The last balcony I had was BR out of Quebec City October 2012. It was the dumbest thing I ever did, it was way too cold to sit on a balcony.

Too bad. I'm not interested in launching into a tirade about it - but essentially what it means then is "if you're a shareholder you are entitled to a cruise benefit, but once you've cruised with us for at least 30 days total, then that shareholder benefit will essentially be gone."

That's mostly true, but occasionally we book a short cruise in an OV stateroom which is not eligible for the C&A balcony discount. The $50 OBC from the shareholder benefit is twice as much as the OBC from booking on board.

The TA OBC is not coming from RCI. The stockholder benefit is coming from RCCL. You can get your TA benefit and you can get your RCCL benefit. The stockholder benefit isn't combinable w/ other Royal discounts/OBC's whether it's for booking onboard, OR your Crown and Anchor Balcony/Suite discount.

I have stock and I pretty much never get to use it as I use my Diamond Balcony discount. I'm OK w/ that. The stock is about doubled from when I bought it, and I knew about combinability going in (if you google RCL stockholder benefit you'll get a pdf link which spells it out in detail). I've no problem with it. However, like Carol (HI there 138East!) if I were booking an inside or an OV it would come in handy.

Hi Sharon! I'm almost always in an inside and the benefit it always there, so it works really well for me. I did two TA's this year where I got $250 each. For a 10-13 day cruise you get $200. I usually book way ahead and take advantage of price drops rather than waiting for an RCL promotion which may or may not be a good deal. It works really well for me, but it's not for everyone.