seattle airport how 2 meet up with friend?

luv2gamble

My bf and I are taking cruise out of pier #66. Prob is she is flying American Air from Florida and I am flying jetblue from NY. We are landing 10 minutes apart if all is well. Does anyone know how far the Jet Blue arrival and American Air are from each other. Have no idea how to meet up w her w/o her getting lost. She has a slight brain injury and I want to have a solid plan before we go. Never been to Seattle and dont even know how big it is? Thanks everyone :)

Take a look here

https://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Maps-and-Directions/Pages/Terminal-Overview.aspx

According to this website, American and JetBlue both come into Concourse D, and pick up luggage at baggage claim carousel #12. If you have checked bags you could probably meet down there. If not, you could pick a spot on Concourse D that you'll both have to pass by--say, the Alaska Lodge bar up at the beginning of the concourse, near gate D-1.

Take a look here

https://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Maps-and-Directions/Pages/Terminal-Overview.aspx

According to this website, American and JetBlue both come into Concourse D, and pick up luggage at baggage claim carousel #12. If you have checked bags you could probably meet down there. If not, you could pick a spot on Concourse D that you'll both have to pass by--say, the Alaska Lodge bar up at the beginning of the concourse, near gate D-1.

Thank you so much. Seems you know the airport according to alaska lodge bar LOL...would you happen to know how far or where to go to get the light rail..thinking about taking that to west lake center. My hotel has a free shuttle that wl pick us up from there? Thanks again

Thank you so much. Seems you know the airport according to alaska lodge bar LOL...would you happen to know how far or where to go to get the light rail..thinking about taking that to west lake center. My hotel has a free shuttle that wl pick us up from there? Thanks again

No, just found the bar on the map! It's pretty easy to find things on the airport website--you should take a look.

The light rail is through the parking garage from the main terminal, maybe a 10 minute walk from Concourse D. It's not a bad walk if you're reasonably able and you don't have more luggage than you can comfortably carry or roll. It's on this map

https://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Maps-and-Directions/Pages/Terminal-to-Link-Light-Rail.aspx

Just follow the signs to the Light Rail station ....From the luggage carousel you take an elevator or escalator up to the 4th floor, walk across the pedestrian overpass, then follow the signs thru the garage to the station. Basically you're walking thru the parking garage structure so it's under cover and lighted. It takes me 8 minutes to walk it.

Info on the Light Rail web site:

http://www.soundtransit.org/Schedules/Central-Link-light-rail

No, just found the bar on the map! It's pretty easy to find things on the airport website--you should take a look.

The light rail is through the parking garage from the main terminal, maybe a 10 minute walk from Concourse D. It's not a bad walk if you're reasonably able and you don't have more luggage than you can comfortably carry or roll. It's on this map

https://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Maps-and-Directions/Pages/Terminal-to-Link-Light-Rail.aspx

Thanks, I checked the map and it don't look so far.

Just follow the signs to the Light Rail station ....From the luggage carousel you take an elevator or escalator up to the 4th floor, walk across the pedestrian overpass, then follow the signs thru the garage to the station. Basically you're walking thru the parking garage structure so it's under cover and lighted. It takes me 8 minutes to walk it.

Info on the Light Rail web site:

http://www.soundtransit.org/Schedules/Central-Link-light-rail

Thanks, that link was helpful. I see you cannot buy tickets on train, only at a vending machine. I assume I should be able to find a machine somewhere around the train, right? Would you happen to know how far it is from concourse D to the luggage pickup area? Is there only one luggage area or multiple areas? Thanks for your help

Thanks..My friend is disabled and just trying to figure out how far it is from concourse D to carousel # 12 baggage claim ..planing on taking light train from there....would you or anyone know the distance...someone said 8 minute walk but dnk if they meant from the concourse or from baggage area....thanks

Thanks..My friend is disabled and just trying to figure out how far it is from concourse D to carousel # 12 baggage claim ..planing on taking light train from there....would you or anyone know the distance...someone said 8 minute walk but dnk if they meant from the concourse or from baggage area....thanks

Baggage claim is downstairs from the gates, so depending on what gate you arrive at will depend the walk...if you are at the end, say D9-11, that is about a 5 min walk (I walk fast) down to Baggage claim....if your arrival is at D1, that is only a couple of minutes to Baggage claim.

For me, I always seem to arrive at the very end gate..LOL

The 8-10 min walk to train is from baggage claim.

Edited by crzndeb

Baggage claim is downstairs from the gates, so depending on what gate you arrive at will depend the walk...if you are at the end, say D9-11, that is about a 5 min walk (I walk fast) down to Baggage claim....if your arrival is at D1, that is only a couple of minutes to Baggage claim.

For me, I always seem to arrive at the very end gate..LOL

The 8-10 min walk to train is from baggage claim.

Thanks for the info. That does not seem to long of a walk for her. If it was long, I was just going to get a taxi or shuttle instead of the rail. Its quite a savings taking the rail but if it was too much of a walk I wouldnt take it. ty

It sounds like your friend's disability might make it difficult to find a meeting point if it's not straightforward, and/or walking distances unassisted.

The nice thing about SEA is all gates are behind security. You can get from one gate to any other gate. I'd be inclined to ask your friend to wait at her arrival gate, then you can meet her there. If your flight is extremely delayed (agree on a "cutoff" time), she could take the hotel shuttle and wait for you at the hotel.

Regardless of where you decide to meet, agreeing to a cutoff time is a good thing to plan around.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all. Going to stay at the spring Hill Suites by the Marriot. Decided to take the monorail downtown for only $2.75 each and the hotel picks up for free at Center station close to hotel. Then, after checking in at the hotel going to the space needle for lunch. then going to Pike Market. so far this is my plans. anyone out there have any better ideas. I have never been to Seattle before. trying to save money but also trying to get a lot of things in the one day we are there. Any advise???:D

What time are you getting in?

When we traveled to Seattle, we didn't get to our hotel until 3:00 or so. I then had to walk down to Men's Wearhouse to pick up my rental tux, and then we headed to the market for a bit. Our plan for the next morning was just to take it easy and head to the ship, but since we were up early (since we live on the east coast), we ended up having an early breakfast, and then headed to the Needle. Had time to go up, and wander the Chihuly gallery before heading back to the hotel, getting our stuff, and heading to the ship.

Hey all. Going to stay at the spring Hill Suites by the Marriot. Decided to take the monorail downtown for only $2.75 each and the hotel picks up for free at Center station close to hotel. Then, after checking in at the hotel going to the space needle for lunch. then going to Pike Market. so far this is my plans. anyone out there have any better ideas. I have never been to Seattle before. trying to save money but also trying to get a lot of things in the one day we are there. Any advise???:D

It's not a monorail from the airport, it's the Link Light Rail, and you'll need to coordinate with the hotel exactly where you'll be picked up at Westlake - there are various exits from the (underground) station you could use.

You'll probably need to rely on the hotel's shuttle service for most local trips - the Springhill Suites are not very conveniently located to much (except a major freeway outside the window.) They'll probably drop you at the Pike Place Market or Space Needle, then you can take the (actual) monorail between Seattle Center and Westlake Mall (one of the buildings that sits over the light rail station you'll arrive at.)

During cruise season the Pike Place Market is wall-to-wall humans after around 10:30 AM; it's MUCH more pleasant in the early morning - go have breakfast at one of the cafes in the market, watch the merchants set up their stalls, buy some flowers for your cabin on the ship, then get out. So I'd skip the market the first day, go to the Space Needle if you want, then hit the market the next morning before heading to the cruise terminal.

When we traveled to Seattle, we didn't get to our hotel until 3:00 or so. I then had to walk down to Men's Wearhouse to pick up my rental tux, and then we headed to the market for a bit. Our plan for the next morning was just to take it easy and head to the ship, but since we were up early (since we live on the east coast), we ended up having an early breakfast, and then headed to the Needle. Had time to go up, and wander the Chihuly gallery before heading back to the hotel, getting our stuff, and heading to the ship.

We are landing at 11:35 am. The monorail runs every 10-15 mins or so and it takes about 45 mins to get to Center Station. So, I figure would arrive approx 1 pm. The hotel said usually you can check in early instead of the norm 3 pm. If not avail, they will hold our luggage to the side. We made the latest lunch reservation at the space needle 2 pm. Hotel has free shuttle to downtown and monorail. After 2 pm its dinner and the prices just about double. No charge to get up the needle to the restaurant and the restaurant is only 25 ft below the top. No we save the $19 fee to up the needle lol. The cheapest lunch is a burger for $27 LOL. Hey, if I had to pay $19 to go to the top I might as well pay zip and apply $ towards lunch. After lunch figure maybe take a cab to Pike Market but I hear its super crazy at that time packed w people but I hear its a thing not to miss.

Oh yea, then I have nothing scheduled after that. The next morning, probably wont sleep late, will be on NY time ha-ha. Our hotel comes w comp hot breakfast. Figured eat about 9 am, go back to room, get our bags, get cab and be at pier by 11 am or so. Hope thats not too early. I hear they let you on after 11 am. Anyway, the night b4 after the Market we have nothing to do. Have no idea how long will be at market and what should we do after market???? Thanks 4 your help

It's not a monorail from the airport, it's the Link Light Rail, and you'll need to coordinate with the hotel exactly where you'll be picked up at Westlake - there are various exits from the (underground) station you could use.

You'll probably need to rely on the hotel's shuttle service for most local trips - the Springhill Suites are not very conveniently located to much (except a major freeway outside the window.) They'll probably drop you at the Pike Place Market or Space Needle, then you can take the (actual) monorail between Seattle Center and Westlake Mall (one of the buildings that sits over the light rail station you'll arrive at.)

During cruise season the Pike Place Market is wall-to-wall humans after around 10:30 AM; it's MUCH more pleasant in the early morning - go have breakfast at one of the cafes in the market, watch the merchants set up their stalls, buy some flowers for your cabin on the ship, then get out. So I'd skip the market the first day, go to the Space Needle if you want, then hit the market the next morning before heading to the cruise terminal.

Wow, good info. I heard it was packed but the way it sounds its like sardines and cant walk. Thats not enjoyable. Maybe u r right and go the next morning. How is it on a Friday night instead of afternoon. I only picked Springhill because it was only $149 and comp breakfast and I only have to deal with it for 1 night and the free shuttle pick-up. They do have a shuttle but they didnt say how busy it is to get you. They said to call them when flight lands and they pick every hour on the hour. The hotel only took my credit card info but didnt charge me. Its free cancellation up until the day of arrival thru expedia. Do you think I should change the hotel that is more convenient? I have no idea how this hotel is. My other choice was Holiday Inn Express. Dont want to make a mistake, my friend and I both are disabled. She had brain injury and I had brain tumor. Both of us cannot last long on our feet. Whats your advise?? Thanks a lot.