Are the beverages in the fridge included in the suites?

pampaul

Our next cruise will be a first in a suite. We have cabin 9202 (penthouse with large balcony). Just curious if there's soda in the fridge and if there's still a charge for them or if they're included?

You need to be in a Garden Villa, Deluxe Owners Suite or Owners Suite to get free soda. The soda that will be in your fridge will not be free.

I can only speak to my experience and my butlers have often not charged me for my soda's. I am talking about all levels of suites, I have been in suites for 10 years now. Last cruise my butler again didn't charge me I think I had about 10 soda's ginger ale diet pepsi on a 12 day cruise. No charge although one butler charged me for 4 or 8 soda's I drank. I am solo so it's not like I am drinking a ton of soda during my cruises. Again please don't argue with me, this is what happened to me. And yes I always tip my butler's alot as I find they help make my cruise. Last cruise I was in the lowest level suite although I have also been in owners suite. Maybe it's a crap shoot if you don't abuse a privilege I think they take care of you. I also know my butlers as I have been with them on a few cruises

Ok great, thanks.

Now, if we bring our own soda, are we able to each bring a can to the MDR for dinner? Or would that be too weird?

Yes, you can.

FYI: NCL only serves Pepsi products. A lot of people don't care for Pepsi so they bring their own. Plus you are saving money. No limit on the amount of non-alcoholic drinks you can bring onboard.

I can only speak to my experience and my butlers have often not charged me for my soda's. I am talking about all levels of suites, I have been in suites for 10 years now. Last cruise my butler again didn't charge me I think I had about 10 soda's ginger ale diet pepsi on a 12 day cruise. No charge although one butler charged me for 4 or 8 soda's I drank. I am solo so it's not like I am drinking a ton of soda during my cruises. Again please don't argue with me, this is what happened to me. And yes I always tip my butler's alot as I find they help make my cruise. Last cruise I was in the lowest level suite although I have also been in owners suite. Maybe it's a crap shoot if you don't abuse a privilege I think they take care of you. I also know my butlers as I have been with them on a few cruises

Not going to argue or question any of this. I will say though the butler has nothing to do with the soda in the fridge or whether or not you pay for it. The room steward is responsible for all of that. Probably you tipped your steward a lot also.

I can only speak to my experience and my butlers have often not charged me for my soda's. I am talking about all levels of suites, I have been in suites for 10 years now...

We've been charged for every soda taken out of the mini-bar in our suites. My partner generally drinks one or two even though we get the soda package. So your experience is the exact opposite of ours over the last 8 years/

We've been charged for every soda taken out of the mini-bar in our suites. My partner generally drinks one or two even though we get the soda package. So your experience is the exact opposite of ours over the last 8 years/

The way to beat the system if you have the UBP is when you drink any

beverage out of the mini-fridge in your stateroom go to any bar and ask

for the same beverage unopened and replace it in the mini-fridge. You

might hint to your cabin steward that that is what is being done and not to

replenish the fridge automatically - tip accordingly !

I don't know why NCL does not get smart with the UBP and allow free use

of the mini-fridge contents (non alcoholic of course) but that might be a bit

too much to ask !

There are a limited number of Haven; Owner and Garden suites who may

already being enjoying this - why not take it down a notch or two to mini

and balcony cabins ? NCL would still make money doing this.

Better yet why doesn't NCL have an all inclusive cruise - everything paid for

no additional fees or charges - alcoholic items of course in moderation.

Probably been tried and someone skewered the system to make future use

unlikely. But still yet it should be considered for the most frequent cruisers !

Checking out and leaving the ship with a ZERO balance and complete customer

satisfaction is the goal to be achieved.

There are a limited number of Haven; Owner and Garden suites who may

already being enjoying this - why not take it down a notch or two to mini

and balcony cabins ?

High suites having free sodas and bottled water has nothing to do with UBP. It's completely different to provide extra perks for few cabins than extending it to almost half of the cabins on the ship.

Also UBP doesn't include cans' date=' only fountain sodas.

Better yet why doesn't NCL have an all inclusive cruise - everything paid for

no additional fees or charges - alcoholic items of course in moderation.

Because there already are all-inclusive cruise lines and the prices are at least double (often a lot more) that what NCL's pricing is - NCL would lose majority of their business if they started including everything in to the base fare. Getting to choose which things we pay for is one of the biggest reasons for us to cruise with NCL.

Edited by Demonyte

But then the cost of those 'free' items is built into the larger suites.

We are currently in a 2 bedroom haven. To upgrade to a suite that has these free items is over $200 a day.

Sure, we get a bit more space, but apart from the 3 bottles of spirits and the free mini-bar, it is a lot of money for these 'free' items because, as far as I am aware there is nothing else extra in the top suites (apart from the limo in the very top).