They are opening up show reservations REALLY early !

Shippy

We have been on the Allure and the Oasis before. Show reservations usually open up about 3 months before sailing. RCCL would send you an email when it started...none this time.

We have a cruise on the Oasis booked for the end of August. I was reading the 'meet & greet'

Blogs for that cruise last week & saw that people were already signing up !

I though there was some mistake....but no.....I just finished signing up for all the shows !

There are not as many times available as when they first started sailing these ships.

So.....if you have an upcoming trip.....check your reservation on the computer to see if the entertainment area has opened up......the times fill up fast....especially for the comedy show because it is a small venue.

I was told that I could not sign up for shows for our May 10th cruise on the Oasis until the last week in Feb or the first week in March.

I just happen to be checking on our cruise and lo and be hold I could book our shows the first of Feb!!! So glad I was just checking!!

Where can I find the show booking form online? Does it show up beside the photo package/drinks package etc?

We sail 8th May'14

No online booking of shows on Adventure.

Only Oasis, Allure, Liberty, and Freedom have online booking of shows, and then only the ice show for Liberty and Freedom.

Edited by clarea

....you can't just relax and decide what you want to do "on the fly" anymore. Jeez...what's this with having to pre-plan every second of your vacation?!?! It's no longer a relaxing time away from daily regimentation........

I agree. Then there is standing in line with thousands of other passengers to get on and off the ship. Time for the Empress of the Seas to come back.

....you can't just relax and decide what you want to do "on the fly" anymore. Jeez...what's this with having to pre-plan every second of your vacation?!?! It's no longer a relaxing time away from daily regimentation........

You don't have to pre-plan anything. That is your choice. ;)

Edited by janetz

It is only because we have sailed Oasis & Allure before that we know the importance of booking reservations ahead of time.

To open reservations so far ahead without emailing those already booked on the cruise seems a bit unfare.

It looks as if you go to make your show reservations 3 months in advance of the cruise date.....as they recommend...you probably will not be able to get the times you want.

My husband turns in early so I was able to get the 8:30pm times. If I had waited & all that was left was the 10:30pm seatings....I would have been really bummed...the shows are a big part of the experience on those ships.

I would NOT be part of the many that wait in the standby lines............

I just checked my 8-30 Oasis sailing to book shows and it says entertainment booking is not open yet and to come back 60 days before sailing

Ignore that and check daily. ;) Also, if you are active on your roll call someone will post as soon as they open up.

Ignore that and check daily. ;) Also, if you are active on your roll call someone will post as soon as they open up.

I agree..ignore that and check daily. I have booked all my entertainment for my August 2, Oasis cruise a week ago..one day it was closed and suddenly the next it was open. In addition, on the day I made my entertainment reservations...the dining (MTD & specialty) was closed..the very next day OPEN!!! So yes, just keep checking.

I honestly don't like that it has opened so early since, not only did they not tell anyone but it seems so far in advance that I have to plan what we are doing on a daily basis in AUGUST!!!! We usually book our entertainment then plan dining around those reservations. Additionally, if I had not checked daily, and waited to get an email, possibly the entertainment and/or dining would be booked.

I also noticed that they have fewer options (times & days) and am wondering if they will add more as these get booked.