Getaway: Wearing Navy Blazer for MDR on Casual Nights

Okay, everyone--let's groan in unison. Yes, I'm one of those traditionalists (age 51) who enjoys dressing up a little, with my wife. No, not white tie, top hat and tail, not even a tux. I'm talking dress slacks, shirt and Navy blazer even on so-called casual nights. All I can say is we love the old ways, even if a blazer would have been regarded back then as declasse.

I mean, really, will this be so over the top that I will stick out like a sore thumb in the Getaway MDR?

Okay, everyone--let's groan in unison. Yes, I'm one of those traditionalists (age 51) who enjoys dressing up a little, with my wife. No, not white tie, top hat and tail, not even a tux. I'm talking dress slacks, shirt and Navy blazer even on so-called casual nights. All I can say is we love the old ways, even if a blazer would have been regarded back then as declasse.

I mean, really, will this be so over the top that I will stick out like a sore thumb in the Getaway MDR?

Nope you won't :D. In fact, you will likely be glad you did. The Tropicana room feels a bit like old Hollywood glam and my girlfriend & I, who enjoy dressing up in cocktail dresses and heels, didn't feel uncomfortable at all.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm 39 and plan to do the same. Whatever. If no one else dresses up my wife and I will look good all by ourselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Traditionalist here too ;). I will be bringing my tux and dinner jacket. The DW and I love getting dressed for dinner. Its "Freestyle" right. I'm free to look good. "Every girl crazy bout a sharped dressed man". :D

No, not at all. We always dress for dinner, and you will be part of the norm, actually.

on NCL every night is casual night, except for the one night where dressing nicer is more encouraged (dress up or not night, or norwegian's night out).

You will be more dressed up than others. Do it anyway because you enjoy it

I've never understood why there seems to be something of an assumption that freestyle means there is a problem with dressing up if you want to.

I love the fact that people are dressed how they want, rather than how they are told to.

Wear whatever you are comfortable with and enjoy your holiday.

You will look great! This is exactly what my husband wears.

You can wear your ball cap during dinner, and in the case of a 30 something Italian traveling with his parents, rest your sandal clad foot on the chair adjacent to the table beside yourself a few inches from the next table. Please do feel free to dress like an adult.

I'm 39 and plan to do the same. Whatever. If no one else dresses up my wife and I will look good all by ourselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I second this! We are always fine with being best dressed, if that's what it comes to ;-)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

My entire family dress "up" every night for dinner and for the shows. My DS (16) and DD (just shy of 15) actually enjoy it. I think my DS enjoys the attention that he receives from the young ladies because let's face it: everyone looks amazing dressed up! :)

Enjoy your cruise!