Why is it so hard to find photos of our cabin? (Sky 9202)

pampaul

We're leaving this August on the Sky in cabin 9202. I'm just trying to get a feel of what the cabin will be like. And where the boys will be sleeping. It says it's a Penthouse w/Large Balcony. I've tried searching here but the search button is never available for some reason, tried searching on you tube and google and I find nothing. :confused: Even when I go to the NCL website, they show a stock photo of a suite along with a floor plan photo but even those don't "match". The photo shows two rooms where the floor plan photo shows one room. It's so confusing. LOL

I have read a couple small reviews but no photos. Can someone help me try to find real photos (not stock) or even videos of cabin 9202 on the Sky. Thanks!! It's much appreciated.

I think the search function here is under construction. Have you tried the website cruise deck plans dot com? That is really the best resource for pics of a specific stateroom.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

No I haven't heard of them before. I'll go check them out to see if I can find some. Thanks!

The videos on youtube may not show the exact room but the aft penthouses are identical with only cosmetic differences. You should get a great idea what the cabin looks like.

When I sailed the Sky penthouse, the youtube videos showed me exactly what to expect even though the exact cabin number was not shown.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Members/catgallery.php?ship=Norwegian%20Sky&cat=Penthouse

Here is a link to 9002 which is a mirror suite to 9202. If it works, it does show a small "bedroom" attached to the larger room amongst all the other pictures! I was going to sail in this suite last time but opted for the OS for the private jacuzzi on the deck!!;) BTW....you need to select 9002 at the top as this link has all the similar suite pictures in it!!

Edited by NayRN

I found this thread on cc by doing a google search .... see post #4 that shows some small photos of 9202 and describes the small childrens bedroom. There are many photos of 9002 on cruisedeckplans but they are on the "pay side". The cost is well worth it to me :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1037692&highlight=ncl+sky+9202

No I haven't heard of them before. I'll go check them out to see if I can find some. Thanks!

Cruise deck plans is a paid site but worth the money but before u sign up let me check for pics. Ok so there are 34 pics of 9002 same layout but other side unfortunately too many pics to post.

Also I don't think the above link that was posted to same site will work.

• 4 months later...
I know it is late in the game, but I am sailing in this suite in Sept. I am going to try to post pictures and a video of this suite as I have found it difficult to find an accurate description with pictures.

Wonderful

Have a great time. Enjoy the suite......they are amazing with huge balconies.

But all the photos and videos of other aft penthouses on youtube are identical to this one. Not sure why the OP was so frustrated because those photos and videos will show what to expect. Before I sailed there was not the exact suite number but the videos I saw showed the suite exactly.

Its funny because it would be like asking for a specific photo of video of a balcony cabin. But did not accept other photos or videos of balcony cabins on the sky. They are the same :)

• 2 weeks later...
Wonderful

Have a great time. Enjoy the suite......they are amazing with huge balconies.

But all the photos and videos of other aft penthouses on youtube are identical to this one. Not sure why the OP was so frustrated because those photos and videos will show what to expect. Before I sailed there was not the exact suite number but the videos I saw showed the suite exactly.

Its funny because it would be like asking for a specific photo of video of a balcony cabin. But did not accept other photos or videos of balcony cabins on the sky. They are the same :)

Actually Suite 9202 and 9002 are arranged differently than the aft suites. There is a small bedroom with pull down berths, the bed is facing a different direction, and the furniture is placed differently. I did find that the 360 of the penthouse was accurate for those two suites.

• 2 years later...
We're leaving this August on the Sky in cabin 9202. I'm just trying to get a feel of what the cabin will be like. And where the boys will be sleeping. It says it's a Penthouse w/Large Balcony. I've tried searching here but the search button is never available for some reason, tried searching on you tube and google and I find nothing. :confused: Even when I go to the NCL website, they show a stock photo of a suite along with a floor plan photo but even those don't "match". The photo shows two rooms where the floor plan photo shows one room. It's so confusing. LOL

I have read a couple small reviews but no tos. Can someone help me try to find real photos (not stock) or even videos of cabin 9202 on the Sky. Thanks!! It's much appreciated.

We will be in 9002 in August- how did you like the room? Was there a small sep. bedroom?

Save

This thread is almost three years old. Do you really expect someone that posted here to come back and answer your question?

I don't expect it, I just hoped perhaps the OP would get an email and respond if time permitted! I get emails when I post and have responded to posters from quite awhile ago....:) Have a great day!

The Cruise Deck Plans site is a PAID site (small fee for a lifetime use) and it covers more than NCL !

Covers most all the cruise lines with comments about just about each and every cabin on a ship.

They offer payments for cabin photos of new ships that they publish.

If you are going to cruise more than 10 times in your life - consider this site seriously - you will come

back time and again to use it.

The neat feature is the stacking the decks on top of each other to see what is above and below you.

The feature is called "Drag Decks" and the detail can be increased or decreased as needed.

To use this feature as with most other deck plans sites is to aline the elevators (XXXX) and stairways (====)

as reference points.

Can't say enough about the site - the only better place for info about a specific cabin is YouTube.

If when searching you do not find the specific cabin in question - check across the deck for a mirror image cabin

and check that out for the details you seek

NCL's site does a partial of the CDP but only showing one deck at a time making it difficult to check below and above.

Not all cabins are exactly the same in dimensions from stem to stern !