Diamond lounge

I'd love to do a search but can't :(

Is the diamond lounge open for cocktails on the day of sail away?

Also, does anyone know the cost of a domestic beer including tip?

Thanks much

Beer menu, add 15% for tip:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38675006&postcount=4

Edited by clarea

Thank you!

Trying to decide if we should buy the drink package the first day, The first time we bought the package last May if you didn't buy it on the first day you were still charged for the whole 5 day cruise!

I am reading you can buy it after the first day as long as there are a certain amount of days left on the cruise. Is that correct and will we only be charged from the day we buy it?

Thank you!

Trying to decide if we should buy the drink package the first day, The first time we bought the package last May if you didn't buy it on the first day you were still charged for the whole 5 day cruise!

I am reading you can buy it after the first day as long as there are a certain amount of days left on the cruise. Is that correct and will we only be charged from the day we buy it?

Correct. As I understand it, as long as there are at least 4 nights left you can purchase it anytime prior to that and the charges are prorated per day for the balance of the cruise.

Beer in the Diamond Club is at no charge (as will all drinks) between 5:00 and 8:30 PM.

Elsewhere on the ship beer ranges from about $5.00 - $6.00, tip inclusive.

i think the term is diamond lounge. on the Explorer there is no dia. lounge, all they have is a nightly dia. event (thus you pay for your beer less 25%). once a ship has a dia. lounge, beer is free it that lounge during their lounge hours....

i think the term is diamond lounge. on the Explorer there is no dia. lounge, all they have is a nightly dia. event (thus you pay for your beer less 25%). once a ship has a dia. lounge, beer is free it that lounge during their lounge hours....

It is commonly referred to as both, but if you look at the nameplate next to the door as you enter as well as on the RCI deck plans, on ships that have one it actually is called the Diamond Club.

And while you are correct about Explorer not yet having one, and therefore sponsoring a nightly Diamond Event instead, the OP's signature indicates they are sailing next on Navigator, which since its recent refurbishment has a Diamond Club.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

It is commonly referred to as both, but if you look at the nameplate next to the door as you enter as well as on the RCI deck plans, on ships that have one it actually is called the Diamond Club.

And while you are correct about Explorer not yet having one, and therefore sponsoring a nightly Diamond Event instead, the OP's signature indicates they are sailing next on Navigator, which since its recent refurbishment has a Diamond Club.

i guess i stand corrected. since i don't get into the dia lounge, sorry--club--very much; i thought concierge lounge and diamond lounge shared the same last name.----my bad