Fewer suite perks on Oasis/Allure?

Artemis908

I have been dong some research on suite perks on Oasis/Allure and it seems like there are fewer perks on these ships. Can anyone confirm or add input?

Perks NOT on Oasis/Allure:

- Reserved seating in shows (because you have to reserve beforehand)

- Private seating at Windjammers (on the Navigator you could sit in Chops)

Perks specific to Oasis/Allure:

- Concierge Lounge breakfast/lunch

Perks for all ships (including Oasis/Allure):

- Private beach area on Labadee

- MDR menus for in-room dining

- Pool deck seating (can anyone confirm how good the seating is and if they check cards?)

- Priority check-in

- Complimentary pressing service

I have been dong some research on suite perks on Oasis/Allure and it seems like there are fewer perks on these ships. Can anyone confirm or add input?

Perks NOT on Oasis/Allure:

- Reserved seating in shows (because you have to reserve beforehand)

- Private seating at Windjammers (on the Navigator you could sit in Chops)

Perks specific to Oasis/Allure:

- Concierge Lounge breakfast/lunch

Perks for all ships (including Oasis/Allure):

- Private beach area on Labadee

- MDR menus for in-room dining

- Pool deck seating (can anyone confirm how good the seating is and if they check cards?)

- Priority check-in

- Complimentary pressing service

Hi there

There is a reserved section in the shows (except comedy show) for GS and above. The area is opened to anyone 10 minutes before show start time. You don't need to have a reservation in order to use the reserved seating, you can just go and scan your seapass and go in.

I have heard that there is separate seating in the restaurant by Windjammer but since I only ate in WJ once, I never used this.

Yes, breakfast and lunch are available in CL. Again, I never actually used this as I loved room service for breakfast and Park Cafe for lunch.

For the rest of the list, yes all of these are included. I never went to the beach area on Labadee but there is a separate section. The MDR menu in the room is a great perk and works very well. They will come and lay the table out and everything. There is a separate seating area on the deck up from the pool and yes, our cards were checked. Priority check in worked very well and if boarding has not commenced there is a lovely seating area and suite guests are invited to board first, then high level C&A and so on. The complimentary pressing service is available on the first formal night.

The perk I loved was the Helipad sailaway party - Labadee or St Maarten, depending on your itinerary.

Jo :)

Edited by jo24

The perk I loved was the Helipad sailaway party - Labadee or St Maarten, depending on your itinerary.

Hello Jo, Let me be sure I got that right: People can't watch sailaway from the helipad, unless they are in a suite? That's just unfair, and disappointing. Sounds like they are really moving back to the class system of the old days.

Hello Jo, Let me be sure I got that right: People can't watch sailaway from the helipad, unless they are in a suite? That's just unfair, and disappointing. Sounds like they are really moving back to the class system of the old days.

Hi

On the Oasis class ships there is no public access to the helipad like there is on Freedom class for instance. This is because it goes through a staff area and you need to step over a ledge, it is not just normal steps.

They offer helipad sailaway parties for those in GS and above, if able, out of 1 destination per cruise. I have also heard that sometimes there is sailaway party for high level C&A but I cannot comment on that as I am not high level C&A!

I have also seen a yoga class conducted on there too.

Edited by jo24

The Helipad Sail-Away on Oasis is a Top-Tier event for C&A members that are Platinum and above. At least it was that way on my Dec 2013 sailing.

Other than the Top Tier Event you cannot go to the Helipad because the Helipad on Oasis and Allure is a restricted area.

The Helipad Sail-Away on Oasis is a Top-Tier event for C&A members that are Platinum and above. At least it was that way on my Dec 2013 sailing.

Other than the Top Tier Event you cannot go to the Helipad because the Helipad on Oasis and Allure is a restricted area.

That might be what I remember - On Oasis it is a C&A event, on Allure it was a Suite event.

Last year we sailed the Allure were invited to a suite helipad sail-a-way after our Labadee day.

They do check sea passes to get to the private deck for sun bathing.

Nice bar, plenty of towels. Space out loungers.

Quiet.

Even though we had reservations for all the shows the only one they stuck to the reservations were the comedy club.

All other shows, we were let in without checking if we had a reservation by just showing our gold sea pass card, and were permitted to sit in the gold card area.

It was nice, if there were open seats in this area, it was opened up for all to share 10 min. before the show started.

Did not have private seating in the WJ on the Allure.

Our Crown loft suite was ready at 12:30pm.

I am glad they have some of the 'perks' available when you book a suite.

The cocktail hours in the CL were nice, to just pop in and grab a drink for lunch or during the evening hours.

The CL helped us with getting our bill straigtened out and making dinner reservations for us.

I am sure other cruise companies offer 'perks' for their suites, not just RCI.

Enjoy

Sea Ya

Edited by Lionesss

Thanks for your input, everyone!

Does anyone know if that Concierge lunch is open on the first day when you board? It's interesting that they serve food, I remember the Navigator's concierge lounge being kind of small and crowded, I can't remember eating in there with the minimal tables they had. I am assuming the Oasis would have more seating

Does anyone know if that Concierge lunch is open on the first day when you board? It's interesting that they serve food, I remember the Navigator's concierge lounge being kind of small and crowded, I can't remember eating in there with the minimal tables they had. I am assuming the Oasis would have more seating

The Concierge lounges on Oasis and Allure are much larger than Voyager/Freedom class. Two decks, two concierges, floor to ceiling windows facing aft, and restrooms.

That's incredibly helpful, thank you! Really gives you the perspective of how big it is! Looks like it is a regular lounge/club on the ship.

It is very big and so light with the huge glass window.

Below is a picture of the view from the window... Lovely view :)

http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t591/joanna2208/P1010216_zpsfa8a24ee.jpg

No lunch in the CL on the first day.

No lunch in the concierge lounge on boarding. Cooked to order breakfast and lunch the other days and the food was amazing. Also wine or beer with lunch. Lovely place for evening drinks. This is a brilliant benefit.

On Oasis in December lunch was served in the Concierge Lounge on embarkation day. Mimosas, champagne and soda were available.......no wine or beer until evening cocktails.

Oasis has lunch in the CL on Day 1 starting at 12:00. Allure does not.

Carolyn....thanks for clarifying. I forgot to add that my post referred to embarkation day. :o

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise