Bermuda

cwbabe48

Anyone sailed on the Grandeur to Burmuda?

I am considering for Sept. 2014.

All advise welcome.

Thanks

Marcia

We were on the 7-night itinerary last July and are going again this July. It is a great itinerary with a great ship and crew.

What information are you looking for?

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We did the 7-night Bermuda itin on Grandeur in August. Loved it. On the 7-nighter, we spent a total of 2.5 days docked in Bermuda. We were able to purchase a multi-day all-transit pass right at the cruise pier, and we used it for buses and ferries. We had enough time to see Hamilton for half a day, Horseshoe Bay beach for half a day, a half day in St. Georges, and the rest of the time exploring the Wharf area where we were docked.

Keep in mind that the ship is older, with some quirks that naturally go along with that (toilet issues, hot water issues....those kinds of things,) but nothing that should be a deal breaker. The staff is excellent and we had a great cruise.

Anyone sailed on the Grandeur to Burmuda?

I am considering for Sept. 2014.

All advise welcome.

Thanks

Marcia

I Did it on Enchantment, same departure port. I would go back. GR has a few little things they do better than EN did. smaller crew, more tight knit. and Bermuda is one of my favorite spots.

What were the temps like in July, Aug.? I think Nov will be too cool.

How were the seas coming and going to Burmuda?

Was it an issue coming and going to and from the ship while in port?

I am considering this cruise this summer. Were there festivals going on while there in Burmuda?

Thanks so much

I am considering this cruise this summer. Were there festivals going on while there in Burmuda?

Thanks so much

We went to Bermuda in mid-August last year. I believe the temps were around 80. We did a snorkel excursion and found the water cooler than the Caribbean, but not bad for the 30 minutes or so we were in the water.

Thanks so much

July/Aug in Bermuda is wonderful summer weather. We enjoyed low-80s every day we were there in late August. Seas coming and going were like glass--which was pure luck. The North Atlantic can be very changeable, especially during hurricane season:eek: Transportation near the ship is good. There are buses and ferries nearby, and you can purchase a multi-day transit pass. We paid $25 pp for a two-day pass.

Thanks so much

Since the Grandeur usually arrives in Bermuda on a Sunday and departs on a Tuesday, there is a festival on Monday night called Destination Dockyard which is held about a 5 minute walk from where the Grandeur docks. Here is the description (and dates for 2013); 2014 dates have not been announced -

This exciting evening will be on the North Lawn each Monday evening from 7pm to 10pm from May 6th until September 2nd.

This will be an evening of diverse local talent, combined with the element of competition, exciting prizes, family and youth engagement and unique shopping opportunities. The atmosphere promises to be lively, inviting, friendly and memorable for both our visitors and locals. It will be an evening of competition with the opportunity to vote for your favourite band, dance troupe, Gombey troupe, choir, songwriter, Majorette, etc.

We will have local bar operators, food vendors and other vendors with Bermudian items for sale over the evening which will be staged on the North Lawn and around the Clocktower Mall - which will stay open on Mondays until 10pm!

This promises to be a wonderful family evening with the participants eagerly vying for top spot and the ultimate prize. Designed to fit in with the ferry schedule timing for a return journey to Hamilton.

SBtS