Who and what is HAPPY HARRY?

colochilibob

We are boarding the RYNDAM on Mar. 16, 2014, and I have been booking shore excursions etc, and just joined CRUISE CRITIC. In reading the Holland America forums I keep hearing about HAPPY HARRY and am wondering if this is something I shouldn't miss or what. Can anybody explain? Thanks

We are boarding the RYNDAM on Mar. 16, 2014, and I have been booking shore excursions etc, and just joined CRUISE CRITIC. In reading the Holland America forums I keep hearing about HAPPY HARRY and am wondering if this is something I shouldn't miss or what. Can anybody explain? Thanks

He's a steward in the Lido.

He's a steward in the Lido.

I have a photo of him in my photo review of our New Year cruise. He made our day with his sing song "coffee from Heaven makes you happy, Good Morning" each day and only 1of4 drinks the stuff.

If I was on the computer instead of the tablet I would repost the photo.

I have a photo of him in my photo review of our New Year cruise. He made our day with his sing song "coffee from Heaven makes you happy, Good Morning" each day and only 1of4 drinks the stuff.

If I was on the computer instead of the tablet I would repost the photo.

That's not the same Steward that was on Veendam last year who entertained with the coffee cart ("taxi! Taxi!) and the creative glasses, by chance?

Aw, he looks like a sweetheart! So do your kids...love the kilt!

He is so happy and although he serves both sides of the lido he always had time for a chat.

Both DD and DS still sing out "coffee from heaven makes you happy".:)

Not only does he offer coffee, etc…but he'll always seek to help anyone with any extra need in the Lido…and always with a "My pleasure." He's a great asset to the HAL staff…"Thank you for coming." He'll go far with HAL I think…unless a shoreside hotel grabs him.

• 4 months later...

Only just back from this cruise and we found Happy Harry to be an absolute delight. He would come through the lido every morning around 7am with his coffee cart and sing out "coffee from heaven makes you happy and tea makes you smile". Even a person with a bad mood couldn't help smile at this. Not only that, he would be very helpful with other things and would even remember your name. He called me "sunshine" and although I realise he probably calls all the ladies that, it still made me feel special.

Good on ya Harry! Keep up the good work.

Your friends from Australia