Help! Need an alternative to Nachi Cocum!

kenandteri

Help!!! We are sailing on the Sunshine March 30... and our plan all along has been to go to Nachi. We have been several times and absolutely love it! However, for many reasons, I waited too late to make our reservations and now they are booked solid!!!!!!!

Anyone have any suggestions for an alternative? We love not only the all-inclusive nature of Nachi, but the fact that it is quiet and not so packed with people! Of course, the limited number of guests is exactly why I am in this predicament now.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I second Mr. Sancho's...Book on line and check the available sites for prices. We did it last April through beach tours dot com for $45 PP AI , but it may have gone up a tad...

Is Mr Sanchos a big party? Loud music, lots of inebriated people, etc? One of the things we like best at nachi is the quietness

It will be more crowded and noisy/lively than Nachi; reportedly they limit the AI side to 200 per day, but I have NEVER seen a report of someone being turned away because they were full so I am suspicious.

It will not be AI, but you might take a cab to the other side of the island (where few cruisers venture) -- there are a handfull of beach bars scattered there (along with sometimes rough/dangerous water/waves :eek:).

We have done both Nachi and Mr. Sanchos and actually preferred Mr. Sanchos-better food and nice restrooms. When we were at both Nachi and Sanchos-both had about the same amount of people-less then 30. We go in last week of Jan and first week of Feb. each year on a b2b cruise, so low crowds may be due to the time we cruise. Mr. Sanchos was not any louder or drunker then Nachi when we were there.

I second Mr. Sancho's...Book on line and check the available sites for prices. We did it last April through beach tours dot com for $45 PP AI , but it may have gone up a tad...

We may try Mr. Sancho's this time. Thanks for the link!

Edited by Firie159

I think we are looking at one of the hotel resorts - El Cozelmeno or Sabor. DH is really leery of Mr. Sanchos - and the huge crowd he expects to be there - especially since there are 5 other cruise ships in port that same day!

Have you looked at playa Palancar? Not AI but generally quieter because further from cruise piers.

we had looked at Playa Planacar... but AI is important to us - especially since this will be the last port day and all our other ones are full of doing stuff... this is our opportunity to just do nothing but enjoy the sun and some nice adult drinks.

we had looked at Playa Planacar... but AI is important to us - especially since this will be the last port day and all our other ones are full of doing stuff... this is our opportunity to just do nothing but enjoy the sun and some nice adult drinks.

Well since it appears you are on Carnival what about the private excurseion to La Casa next to Palancar?

Went to Mr Sanchos with 4 ships in port 2 years ago...heaven. There were MAYBE 30 people total on the beach. On the AI side...about 8. Food and service was fantastic. Laid back & no noise. Maybe that was atypical but it was NOT a loud party scene that day.

Beachside grill, attentive waiters. Going back in April.