Super Star Virgo

little poppett

Hiya

Can any kind soul here answer me these questions?

-Me and my mother is staying in Ocean viewroom with Balcony, anything to take note of?

-Are the dining credits free (meaning do we still have to pay as long as we don't reach 200?(Penang/Phuket Cruise here))

-Are the show on Lido free? What shows are there now?

Thanks, sorry for the rushed post.

OV With Balcony - should be no problem. Great cabin, also staying in one on my upcoming cruise this December. If you are staying on a deck 11 cabin though you might experience noise problems (with furniture being moved around upstairs it may be quite noisy) especially at night so sleeping can be quite a problem :(

The dining credits are free, you can use them at the extra cost dining options as long as the total cost of the food/drink you bought from the extra cost dining options at the end of the cruise is less than 200.

Spending anything more than that means you have to pay the balance.

To put it simply: It is like a $200 food and drink voucher.

Can't help you on the shows, but I do know that you get to watch one for free (sorry if I am wrong) and balcony class passengers can sit in the "Lido Balcony" section (on the upper level) for box-like seating.

Go to

http://cruises.com.sg/Star_Cruises/Star_Entertainment/index.htm#Virgo

for info about the shows on the Virgo. For even more links for information on the SuperStar Virgo, click the link on my signature below.

Hope this helps. :)

Enjoy your cruise,

cruiseaddict6583

OV With Balcony - should be no problem. Great cabin, also staying in one on my upcoming cruise this December. If you are staying on a deck 11 cabin though you might experience noise problems (with furniture being moved around upstairs it may be quite noisy) especially at night so sleeping can be quite a problem :(

The dining credits are free, you can use them at the extra cost dining options as long as the total cost of the food/drink you bought from the extra cost dining options at the end of the cruise is less than 200.

Spending anything more than that means you have to pay the balance.

To put it simply: It is like a $200 food and drink voucher.

Can't help you on the shows, but I do know that you get to watch one for free (sorry if I am wrong) and balcony class passengers can sit in the "Lido Balcony" section (on the upper level) for box-like seating.

Go to

http://cruises.com.sg/Star_Cruises/Star_Entertainment/index.htm#Virgo

for info about the shows on the Virgo. For even more links for information on the SuperStar Virgo, click the link on my signature below.

Hope this helps. :)

Enjoy your cruise,

cruiseaddict6583

Great help!! I am also from Singapore :p

EDIT: do you know what is the menu for Bella Vista? Thanks for your help.

The F & B credit can also be used to pay off your grog account in any of the restaurants.

Its mobile phone abbreviations :

IIRC If I Recall correctly IMHO In my humble opinion

Be sure to dine in NOBLE HOUSE and go for the Peking Duck dinner. Also PALAZZO is one of the best Italian restaurants in the world. Lookout for the original artworks on the walls behind 1 inch thick glass. They are worth more than the boat !!!!!

Sorry, don't know the menu for Bella Vista, it has been a long time since my last cruise on the Virgo!! :D

Anyway, when are you sailing?

-cruiseaddict6583

The 22nd November.

Still think the Balcony Class is too expensive for 2, 2k :(:(

EDIT: Does Cafe Gelato count as restaurants?

Hiya

Can any kind soul here answer me these questions?

-Are the show on Lido free? What shows are there now?

Thanks, sorry for the rushed post.

Hi dragonus,

We're not long back from the Virgo and as far I know, all of the Lido shows were free apart from the topless one - Love Bites.

We were on for 5 nights and the free shows were a Comedy and Juggling Show by Terry Parade, The Land of Make Believe and Maestro & Muse. We only saw Maestro & Muse on Gala Night so I can't really comment on the others, and we're not big show goers anyways.

HTH :)

Oh and hi to the lovely folks we met on our cruise from CC too - you know who you are!!

Hi dragonus,

We're not long back from the Virgo and as far I know, all of the Lido shows were free apart from the topless one - Love Bites.

We were on for 5 nights and the free shows were a Comedy and Juggling Show by Terry Parade, The Land of Make Believe and Maestro & Muse. We only saw Maestro & Muse on Gala Night so I can't really comment on the others, and we're not big show goers anyways.

HTH :)

Oh and hi to the lovely folks we met on our cruise from CC too - you know who you are!!

Thanks for help human, I am looking forward to my trip :D

Hello sorry to bother you guys again but my mother nagged me to ask a few questions..

-Do we have to book early to sit in the Lido? Or do we just go there 10-20 mins earlier to sit?

-I am a teenager(16) now, and I heard that kids cannot enter the Bella Vista, or to be precise the Gala Dinner, does that refer to me too? And my mother do not have a evening gown, can she enter?

Hi dragonus,

Depends on what dates you were on board - we were on from 18th to 23rd October. Met quite a few from Perth.

Diane from Toowoomba

I am a 1st timer cruiser and would love some hints tips etc about life on board. Also is anyone elso going on these dates, I am travelling on my own. The cruise I am doing is singapore, penang, pukhet, singapore, malacca, klang, singapore so any information would be grateful. thanks

Hi Sherpa1, we have just returned from cruise on Virgo, doing the same stops. We had a great trip. It was smooth sailing all the way. Didn't do a tour in Penang so was a bit disappointing. Pukhet and Klang (Kuala Lumpar) we did boat tours. Not too expensive - (S$49 for Pukhet & $S$41 for KL). Well worth it. Especially on both occasions, our bus was late getting back to the ship. (If you are late on a self-tour, they do not guarantee that the ship will wait for you!) The tour for Malacca is 12 hour tour. You tender off the boat at Malacca at 7 or 730am and get back to the boat at Klang. You cannot book the tours until you are on board (this is different to most other cruise lines where you can pre-book tours). You can get money exchanged on board. We also use local currency. Less chance of getting ripped off and also I believe it is polite to use their money.

Make sure you have allowed for a few days in Singapore before or after your cruise. Singapore is fantastic. We had 5 days post cruise and could have stayed longer.

There is always plenty to do on board. There are quizzes, dance lessons, craft time (my hubbie even joined in the napkin folding demonstration), you have to explore all the rooms (library, smoking room, etc) and visit all the bars. Take lots of photos of each of the areas onboard. There is a swimming pool and 4 spas. And also a big water slide - age is not a consideration. If you want to go down the slide, you do! Meals are usually a couple of hours long so you don't have to rush there at a particular time. Also there is morning and afternoon tea (we only managed to get to one morning tea.)

Drinks are very expensive on Virgo. We only drink soft drinks and (with 15% service charge added on) a coke was S$6.35 each!! A coffee in the coffee house cost S$8.05. There is tea and coffee and cold water available with all meals at no extra cost, but all other drinks will cost you.

Just remember that this is an Aisian based cruise and Australians/Nzers etc will be in the minority but the cultural experience is half the fun.

Anyway you will enjoy it. And you just may get hooked on cruising like us. (4 down, next one already booked!)

Hi Sherpa1, we have just returned from cruise on Virgo, doing the same stops. We had a great trip. It was smooth sailing all the way. Didn't do a tour in Penang so was a bit disappointing. Pukhet and Klang (Kuala Lumpar) we did boat tours. Not too expensive - (S$49 for Pukhet & $S$41 for KL). Well worth it. Especially on both occasions, our bus was late getting back to the ship. (If you are late on a self-tour, they do not guarantee that the ship will wait for you!) The tour for Malacca is 12 hour tour. You tender off the boat at Malacca at 7 or 730am and get back to the boat at Klang. You cannot book the tours until you are on board (this is different to most other cruise lines where you can pre-book tours). You can get money exchanged on board. We also use local currency. Less chance of getting ripped off and also I believe it is polite to use their money.

Make sure you have allowed for a few days in Singapore before or after your cruise. Singapore is fantastic. We had 5 days post cruise and could have stayed longer.

There is always plenty to do on board. There are quizzes, dance lessons, craft time (my hubbie even joined in the napkin folding demonstration), you have to explore all the rooms (library, smoking room, etc) and visit all the bars. Take lots of photos of each of the areas onboard. There is a swimming pool and 4 spas. And also a big water slide - age is not a consideration. If you want to go down the slide, you do! Meals are usually a couple of hours long so you don't have to rush there at a particular time. Also there is morning and afternoon tea (we only managed to get to one morning tea.)

Drinks are very expensive on Virgo. We only drink soft drinks and (with 15% service charge added on) a coke was S$6.35 each!! A coffee in the coffee house cost S$8.05. There is tea and coffee and cold water available with all meals at no extra cost, but all other drinks will cost you.

Just remember that this is an Aisian based cruise and Australians/Nzers etc will be in the minority but the cultural experience is half the fun.

Anyway you will enjoy it. And you just may get hooked on cruising like us. (4 down, next one already booked!)

Thanks for that lilly i realise that aussies and kiwis will be a minority, which doesn't bother me at all as had a taste of the asian culture in 2005 when we did the eastern oriental train trip from bangkok to singapore which was fantastic and i am hoping the cruise will be just as good. i would love to see some of your photos.

Depends on what dates you were on board - we were on from 18th to 23rd October. Met quite a few from Perth.

Diane from Toowoomba

Yep I was talking about you two ;) Have emailed you a pic just now - and looking very enviously at your countdown clock til your Riveria cruise!!

Hi We have changed and are now doing the 2 night cruise out of Singapore on the 10th March, does anyone know what time is boarding so as I can work out latest flight time I think it doesn't depart till 11 pm

thanks Hazel

Do you mean the one going to Melacca and Kuala Lumpur? If so the cruise goes off at 12.00pm Singapore time so I advise you to go there at least 1 hour earlier because the queue there is exasperating.:p

Hi We have changed and are now doing the 2 night cruise out of Singapore on the 10th March, does anyone know what time is boarding so as I can work out latest flight time I think it doesn't depart till 11 pm

thanks Hazel

On this cruise,

check-in starts from 2000 or 8.00 pm

gate closes from 2230 or 10.30 pm

the ship departs 2359 or 11.59 pm

all times are local (GMT+8).

All valid passports must have at least 6 months validity from the actual sailing date.

go to http://cruises.com.sg/Star_Cruises/SuperStar_Virgo/whats_new/a_to_z_guidelines.htm

and look for "Check-In Procedures" under category "C".

If you live in the US or UK and other European countries it is advisable for you to fly in to Singapore at least 2 days before your cruise as jet lag can be severe.

Hope this helps.

-cruiseaddict6583

But you have something more important happening next year - a lifetime event!!

Yes true true, but the baby is going to interrupt our cruising habits for awhile ;)

Better not get too OT... was great to meet you guys onboard and not even intentionally knowing you were from these forums....just happened to notice your hole-punched cruise cards!

I'm cruising on the BB balcony on deck 10 and have 200 dollars worth of dining credits to spend. I do know that the Palazzo is not open to cruisers 16 and below. Unfortunately, I have family members in my family who are under 16. Can anyone advice which restaurant I should go to? Note that we do not wish to dine at The Taj. Should I go for the Samurai Restaurant or Noble House? And, which dish should I order?

thanks in advance.

-cruiseaddict6583

In NOBLE HOUSE the Peking Duck dinner (min 4 persons) is the dish to go for. The duck skin crispy comes first in pancakes, then the meat of the duck with vegetables follows. Excellent value .

Thanks for the valubuable info; excitement is building up with less than a month to go for my next voyage aboard my favourite Star ship, Superstar Virgo!:D

In NOBLE HOUSE the Peking Duck dinner (min 4 persons) is the dish to go for. The duck skin crispy comes first in pancakes, then the meat of the duck with vegetables follows. Excellent value .

Which mean 2 people can't dine in there? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

No. two people can dine in NOBLE HOUSE . It's just that the Peking Duck specialty is usually minimum number of diners in most restaurants. On VIRGO in NH it is min 4 persons for the Peking Duck dinner. If there are two of you and you want to go for the duck (Fawlty !!!) then team up with others and form a group for the PD dinner and book a group table . Simple.

No. two people can dine in NOBLE HOUSE . It's just that the Peking Duck specialty is usually minimum number of diners in most restaurants. On VIRGO in NH it is min 4 persons for the Peking Duck dinner. If there are two of you and you want to go for the duck (Fawlty !!!) then team up with others and form a group for the PD dinner and book a group table . Simple.

I see. So there are other set dinner that we can order as with 2 people going? :confused:

Archived