Super Star Virgo

little poppett

Thanks for the advice. My wife doesn't like the aircon too cold so I will make sure she also packs something a lttle warmer for inside. We get on and off at Singapore. We have 7 days on board so looking forward to taking it easy.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone cruised with Star Cruises recently. I was reading the pre-cruise list on their web site and they have stated the following "Guests have to ensure that they bring along their international passport, original birth certificate and Confirmation Slip in exchange for their access cards to embark the vessel".

Surely we don't need a copy of our birth certificate!

We are cruising on the Virgo from Singapore on 8th July.

Does anyone know what the Birth Certificate requirement is about?

Ta

Has anyone cruised with Star Cruises recently. I was reading the pre-cruise list on their web site and they have stated the following "Guests have to ensure that they bring along their international passport, original birth certificate and Confirmation Slip in exchange for their access cards to embark the vessel".

Surely we don't need a copy of our birth certificate!

We are cruising on the Virgo from Singapore on 8th July.

Does anyone know what the Birth Certificate requirement is about?

Ta

I have just read the relevant paragraph on their website. I believe that it is just a summary of what may be required. It mentions further up

For domestic routes, the child’s original birth certificate is required

We have sailed on Virgo 6 times from Singapore (and once from Hong Kong) plus once on Gemini and have always presented our passports and confirmation slip at check-in (no children involved here).

Hope you have an enjoyable cruise :)

Wise travellers always carry (i) Copies of the Inside front page of their Passport (ii) spare passport sized photos (iii) an Original of their Birth Certificate .

Especially useful in the event of loss or theft of Passport . With these three (3) key items you speed issue of a new replacement Passport to a matter of hours through your Countries Overseas Embassy/Consulate. Without these items you will be set back days awaiting re-issue of Passport, ruining your whole holiday .

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I'm planning my first ever cruise this October on the Superstar Virgo for the 3 nights cruise. Totally excited about it...more so after all the posts that I've read on this forum.

My 4 year old daughter will be travelling with me. I just wanted to know are children allowed at the gala dinner? I've heard that children are not allowed at bella vista for dinner. Is that true?

Any information would be helpful.

Thanx!

IIRC no children in Bella Vista for dinner any night . No restrictions for evening meals in Mediteranean Buffet. Child minding services available on board . Why not take the 4 night cruise out of Singapore rather than three ?

A_a....you are most welcome, your daughter will enjoy the Gala Night. :)

PS. In the Mediterranean Buffet there is a children section, with kids size tables and chairs and a mini buffet...it's really cute

Jackiedenny....there is no gratuity added to your account on the Virgo. We did tip our steward at the end of the cruise ( he always supplied us with fresh ice and towel animals for our kids:D)......but it is your choice.

Have a great cruise.

Cheers

Justine

A_a....you are most welcome, your daughter will enjoy the Gala Night. :)

PS. In the Mediterranean Buffet there is a children section, with kids size tables and chairs and a mini buffet...it's really cute

thatz sound adorable!!! so looking forward to it....:):)

• 1 month later...
Wise travellers always carry (i) Copies of the Inside front page of their Passport (ii) spare passport sized photos (iii) an Original of their Birth Certificate .

Especially useful in the event of loss or theft of Passport . With these three (3) key items you speed issue of a new replacement Passport to a matter of hours through your Countries Overseas Embassy/Consulate. Without these items you will be set back days awaiting re-issue of Passport, ruining your whole holiday .

This quote stuck in my head and I passed it on to my daughter. After 6 weeks holidaying in Europe she arrived in Dubai last week only to find her passport missing. Thankfully she had all these copies and managed to get an emergency passport. This was valuable advise and I hope others take it.

• 2 weeks later...
We docked at the deep sea port on the other side of the island, just last week.

We were on that cruise as well, I was trying to find out in advance where the ship docked. It seems they dock there from July till December. How did you enjoy the cruise and was it your first on Virgo?

• 2 weeks later...

We'll be sailing (again) on Virgo in February. :)

Does anyone know who the senior officers (captain/staff captain/chief eng. etc) on board are these days? We hope to see some familiar faces from previous cruises. Maybe SSV has this information ... :D

Another question (or 2) - are passengers still taken off the ship on a (shore-based) tender boat for the excursion in Malacca? And what night is the Gala Dinner?

• 1 month later...

I would like to know would you recommend Superstar Virgo out of Singapore to a Single Traveller in their early thirties looking for something different or an alternative to South Pacific Cruising.I have been on the Pacific Dawn once out of Sydney and the Pacific Sun Twice the first time out of Brisbane and the most recent one out of Sydney and booked on the Pacific Jewel ex Sydney for this Christmas.I live in Australia by the way which may explain a thing or two.Any help or advice would be most welcome.

Either Superstar VIRGO or Superstar LIBRA sailing out of Singapore for Star Cruises in the Straits of Malacca are a class well above P & O Australia .

Star are great cruise line with excellent service, food and ships. Great entertainment. If you like a large ship go for VIRGO , for a medium size ship go for LIBRA.

Take the longest itinerary you can like 7 nights and enjoy your cruise .

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I cruised on the Virgo, and had a terrible time, the food was terrible, and catered mainly for indian/asian passengers.That was possibly because about. 90% of passengers were either Indian/ asian. People pushed and shoved where ever you went, we had aterrible time, and everyone I hav met since our cruise said the same thing they wouldn't cruise on virgo again

Archived