Preference to which way the bed is?

Mist_ynight

Does anyone else have a preference to which way the bed is in the cabin. I just called and changed my room cause I like it when my side of the bed is closest to the balcony. Does anyone else do this, or am I just weird lol!

How do you know which way the rooms are set up?

Does anyone else have a preference to which way the bed is in the cabin. I just called and changed my room cause I like it when my side of the bed is closest to the balcony. Does anyone else do this, or am I just weird lol!

I get to sleep on the balcony side no matter which way the bed is. DW prefers bathroom side. How we sleep at home has no bearing on how we sleep on trips. So, I guess we're weird too, but in a different way.

one side will always be closest to the balcony.

but why change your room?

I saw pictures of both cabins online at cruisedeckplans.com. No matter where we go we always sleep on the same side of the bed. I have a CPAP machine and find it more comfortable sleeping on the left side of the bed.

I changed my room cause the left side of the bed is closer to the bathroom in the first cabin, and closer to the balcony in the second cabin. I need a little more space on my side so I have room for my CPAP machine, my water and my medications. Having the desk next to my night table gives me extra space. I wouldn't have that if I was closer to the bathroom.

Here are pictures of the two rooms, the first one is the same layout as C753, C752 is the second one. This is on the Crown Princess. I can't show the actual picture of C753 because I'm not allowed to copy it from cruisedeckplans.com.

Balcony_Cabin_B436_1.jpg

C752.jpg

Edited by Mist_ynight

Interesting. So what one did you take?

On three of our sailing we had C753 and it was the best balcony we have ever had. Seemed almost private

We tried E731 the mini with the long balcony. and it just was too much money. COuldnt use the balcony as it was way too windy.

On Celebrity Solstice Class the staterooms alternate, in one the bed is by the bath, in the next it is by the balcony. We prefer the bed by the balcony because it makes it easier to dress for dinner. Which ever we choose I sleep near the balcony, my DH sleeps near the bath, which is the opposite of what we do at home.

Mary Lou

Having had cabins with the bed next to the balcony and next to the bathroom,we would agree that the bed next to the balcony is 'better' as it gives you more room in which to get dressed adjacent to the bathroom and wardrobe. It's amazing that until you have experienced both, you would not consider that it would make much difference! If I had the choice, I would certainly pick the bed next to the balcony,though not all cruise lines do alternate like Celebrity.

If you are travelling Celebrity,then I would recommend looking at the sticky thread on their forum re S-class cabins. It gives excellent information about most cabins re position of the bed, noise etc.

Edited by downsmead
added extra information re S-class thread on CC

I'll disagree a little about room set-up?. I sailed on Solstice a few years ago with the bed next to closet and sofa next to balcony. I loved the sofa for sea days to be able to sit inside and have full view of all the coasts we were sailing next to! For Alaska, that we're doing in May, I requested that arrangement.

Sent from my iPad using Forums