extending Future Cruise Credits

Whoo

Since Future Cruise Credits are now only good for 2 years since purchase (instead of 4 years), is it possible to call Princess and ask for an extension? It seems like I read that here somewhere, but when I just tried to do a "search" the website says "search disabled". I checked on the Princess website and there was no mention of being able to extend the time limit.

Thanks!

Since Future Cruise Credits are now only good for 2 years since purchase (instead of 4 years), is it possible to call Princess and ask for an extension? It seems like I read that here somewhere, but when I just tried to do a "search" the website says "search disabled". I checked on the Princess website and there was no mention of being able to extend the time limit.

Thanks!

Yes, you can call Princess and have them extend it another 2 years.

Originally Posted by gr82cu2

Can you do this also on the older 4 year ones? We have one that will expire next year and not sure we'll get another cruise in before then. I would love to be able to keep it.

Yes, it's the same process.

Is this new?

We had one of the old, 4 year, FCCs that was in effect when we booked but would expire before we sailed.

Princess said we could not use it. No offer to extend it. We had to pony up the full deposit.

This happened a couple of years ago, so maybe something has changed??

I have never seen the ability to extend the 4 years ones either.

I am surprised they are extending the 2 year ones.

Kind of defeats the purpose.

Why not just leave it at 4 years? :confused:

If they won't extend it I guess I can understand but my impression was that if it wasn't used it would be refunded :confused:

If they won't extend it I guess I can understand but my impression was that if it wasn't used it would be refunded :confused:

Yes they will be refunded, you just need to follow up, just to be safe.

I would not just assume that it will be credited back even though most of the time it is. ;)