JS: Hump vs Aft

tlatrice

Since it looks like Liberty will be coming to Galveston, I'm considering it for my 2015 cruise IF it's doing a new itinerary.

I really want to do a JS on this trip. From the few pics I've seen, it appears that the balconies on the hump are bigger. But are they more tunnel-like? Are the rooms comparable in terms of size?

Has anyone done both and if so, which did you like. I like the idea of being able to see the wake of the ship. :)

The balcony will be deeper than those on the sides of the ship. They aren't "tunnel-like"....however, you will want a higher deck...there is superstructure beyond the aft balconies, which makes a "straight down" view to the water impossible.

Personally, I prefer something as near to the stairs/elevators as I can get....it just makes life easier and it's sooooo convenient! A JS balcony is wider than a standard cabin...it's ample space for 2!!

We had a cabin crawl on our Liberty cruise and had the opportunity to see both. The hump cabins, IMHO, are far better then the aft cabins on this ship. I say this only because of the superstructure (as already mentioned) obstructing the view in the aft cabins. Our preference is normally aft or near aft for the benefit of the movement. The Liberty is a beautiful ship. If it does, indeed, go to Galveston, we may need to find a cruise to sail her again.:p I hope it works out for you.

We have done both and prefer the aft. We love watching the wake and the sail always from the aft cabins are our favorites.

We have also had the good fortune to watch dolphins "chase" the ship.

Plus we find it quieter as there is less foot traffic so less hallway noise.

On the Indy, March 2013, we had the coveted 7708 (corner aft - regular balcony), and I would book that again in a heart beat! The balcony is the largest on the ship, except for the RFS - deck 6 Aft. The reason I booked it was to have loungers. We had them, and they were fantastic!

This March, we are on the Liberty, and I decided on a Junior Suite (our first JS). There were Afts and Hump JS's available. But, I picked the Hump because it's right beside the elevators. The balcony is big enough for loungers - very nice size. But, the afts balconies are larger, but, in my opinion, that "extra" extra balcony space gets trumped by the hump location.

Edited by Toddcan