Upgrades to All Ships - Except Jewel?

Niwel

Why should they do that? I'm grateful for the Diamond Event.

Because most other a RCCL ships have Diamond Lounges. We have enjoyed done pre dinner drinks on the Grandeur, Independence, Freedom and Allure. After being on a ship with one it's disappointing to not have one. That's all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Radiance had her big refit in Victoria, so maybe? they will do Jewel when she is up that way?

Hope so, as we want to use the new CL!!:D not the tiny one it has now.

I don't know why but I was thinking the same thing this afternoon.

We were on that last cruise prior to the retro

The schedule for the Jewel doesn't have that break, prior to Alaska, like the Radiance did

Could possibly be for 2016 when she is listed for her dry dock and not 2015.

Because most other a RCCL ships have Diamond Lounges. We have enjoyed done pre dinner drinks on the Grandeur, Independence, Freedom and Allure. After being on a ship with one it's disappointing to not have one. That's all.

Good reason , however evidently you weren't cruising when only the Freedom class had Diamond lounges. Not to long ago most ships did not have them.

It is too bad that they just can't make one of the lounges, where they have the Diamond Event, be a Diamond Lounge in the evening hours. At the Diamond Event you only get free wine, soda or champagne and get a discount a 25% (I think that is correct) on mixed drinks. They should at least offer the full Diamond Lounge perks until the refurb which will take place in 2016.

So, if there's no Diamond Lounge, you don't get the typical Diamond perks? (Not being a wiseguy (girl)...just not sure how it works, as we're almost Diamond.)

So, if there's no Diamond Lounge, you don't get the typical Diamond perks? (Not being a wiseguy (girl)...just not sure how it works, as we're almost Diamond.)

There is a nightly "Diamond Event" in one of the lounges if there isn't a dedicated diamond lounge

There's a nightly diamond event every night. Most ships have diamond lounges now. There are a few out there that don't have them but there are plans for them getting them soon. Jewel is one of them that doesn't have the lounge.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

Only wine or "champagne" and beer??

If you want another drink, you will get 25% off.

Oh, interesting...but on other ships you have your choice of cocktails, right? That IS a big difference.

Edited by RealDeal

Oh, interesting...but on other ships you have your choice of cocktails, right? That IS a big difference.

No choice in cocktails. Just wine, champagne, and beer. 25% off any cocktail even if it is a dedicated diamond lounge. No difference in comps between Jewel and any other ship.

No choice in cocktails. Just wine, champagne, and beer. 25% off any cocktail even if it is a dedicated diamond lounge. No difference in comps between Jewel and any other ship.

Oh, I didn't realize that...I could've sworn I was told my friends got free drinks in the Diamond Lounge on Oasis...

Not true! if the ship has a dedicated Diamond Lounge, you don't have to pay for cocktails!

They will have evening cocktails both in the lounge and Hollywood Odyssey, which eventually will become the CL. And the Diamond Event is in the Starquest - we often took our drinks in there from the CL because it was nice and peaceful. My recollection is that they served proper appies in all three locations, too. I tried to stay away so as to be able to do my dinners justice.:)

That is good to know. The old small CL is a tough place to find a seat!!:eek:

We were on Explorer [not been for the refit yet] in Sept. with a D friend, [we are D+] and the DL had no food in the deck 5 Diamond lounge set up for them. I think? they may have had nuts.... There was no D concierge to arrange it we were told?

Where is the Diamond Event held every night on the Jewel then?

It depends on the number of D's onboard - our Jan Feb cruise out of SJ had so many D/D+ the Hollywood Odyssey was used for the CL overflow and the VCL was for the D event.

It depends on the number of D's onboard - our Jan Feb cruise out of SJ had so many D/D+ the Hollywood Odyssey was used for the CL overflow and the VCL was for the D event.

Do you get free cocktails in the CL on the Jewel or is it also 25% off the current bar price?

Do you get free cocktails in the CL on the Jewel or is it also 25% off the current bar price?

Free in the CL for D+, PC, and full suite guests.

For the Diamond event: free soda, wine, and champagne. Other drinks 25% off.

... I just booked one of the Cali Coastals in 2015...
There is a city of over 2 million people named Cali in a Caribbean country, but I was having a hard time understanding how RCI were cruising out of there.:confused: Took me a few seconds to realize that Cali was merely a cutesy label apparently for California. Sorry, but I'm not a fan of misleading cutesy labels.

I was on Jewel about a month ago and the Hollywood Odyssey was not used as an overflow. What the concierge-Diego used, was the yacht club right outside the lounge as extra seating. Servers would come out and check on you. What I liked about this is, you could sit and relax or take your drink with you wherever you would like to.

I was on Jewel about a month ago and the Hollywood Odyssey was not used as an overflow. What the concierge-Diego used, was the yacht club right outside the lounge as extra seating. Servers would come out and check on you. What I liked about this is, you could sit and relax or take your drink with you wherever you would like to.

On our sailing the CL was full, the yacht club, and the HO. I don't recall the numbers of each but the place was hopping!

There is a city of over 2 million people named Cali in a Caribbean country, but I was having a hard time understanding how RCI were cruising out of there.:confused: Took me a few seconds to realize that Cali was merely a cutesy label apparently for California. Sorry, but I'm not a fan of misleading cutesy labels.

Sorry you are not a fan. I am well aware of Cali, Colombia. I have a friend from there. However, where I live Cali is also a very popular nickname for California. So I don't find it misleading at all!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sorry you are not a fan. I am well aware of Cali, Colombia. I have a friend from there. However, where I live Cali is also a very popular nickname for California. So I don't find it misleading at all!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I love Cali, Colombia;)

They will have evening cocktails both in the lounge and Hollywood Odyssey, which eventually will become the CL. And the Diamond Event is in the Starquest - we often took our drinks in there from the CL because it was nice and peaceful. My recollection is that they served proper appies in all three locations, too. I tried to stay away so as to be able to do my dinners justice.:)

Proper appies on JOS... Last time on her we only had stale trail mix..has that changed recently ?