Single Supplement

emckeeve

I just pulled the following numbers from another thread:

Diamond Plus has 5500 members

Total Crown & Anchor Society Membership: Almost 6 million

D+ = .09% of all members

Pinnacle = .003% of all members

So if you are D+ or Pinnacle, the bottom line is you are the "creme de la creme" of cruisers with RCL. Rightfully so, you deserve the best benefits because you are the top cruisers.

Congrats to all that fall in that category!

I'm at 173 pts, 2 pts away from that .09% category... I feel perhaps all D+ should get a solo discount instead of at 340 pts.

I just pulled the following numbers from another thread:

Diamond Plus has 5500 members

Total Crown & Anchor Society Membership: Almost 6 million

D+ = .09% of all members

Pinnacle = .003% of all members

So if you are D+ or Pinnacle, the bottom line is you are the "creme de la creme" of cruisers with RCL. Rightfully so, you deserve the best benefits because you are the top cruisers.

Congrats to all that fall in that category!

I'm at 173 pts, 2 pts away from that .09% category... I feel perhaps all D+ should get a solo discount instead of at 340 pts.

Not that it matters to you or anyone else, but those numbers are quite outdated, as the thread that you are quoting is 3 years old.

Not that it matters to you or anyone else, but those numbers are quite outdated, as the thread that you are quoting is 3 years old.

Yes, I didn't want to alter the original quote to make it look like I was exaggerating or changing the numbers on purpose.

Actually, the % calculation number is wrong anyways:

5500 D+ members divide by 6,000,000 C&A = .0009% (not .09%)

Let's say D+ has tripled since that post:

16,500 D+ out of 6,000,000 C&A = .00275% (still an incredibly small group!)

My thought is that I hadn't realized how few D+ there really are, or I suppose how loyal the D+ and higher group are to RCL (let alone the money spent by D+ers or the free advertising they give to all the friends, co-workers, etc... I've had two couples book directly because of me promoting my awesome RCL trips else they would not even had considered a cruise).:)

Ok, I'm an idiot! :p

Orig post totally right:

5500 D+ members divide by 6,000,000 C&A = .09%

16,500 D+ out of 6,000,000 C&A = .275%

Ok, I'm an idiot! :p

Orig post totally right:

5500 D+ members divide by 6,000,000 C&A = .09%

16,500 D+ out of 6,000,000 C&A = .275%

Over 7,000,000 C&A members now.

December Celebrations sounds like what used to be Diamonds in December which was not offered this past year and probably won't be offered in the future.

This fall they made changes to the point policies. One piece of this was to NOT offer Diamonds in December. The other piece was to start giving solo travelers in non-solo cabins double points and to charge the full 200% supplement.

Ok thanks for explain to me about December Celebration!

About this new rules for double points for solo travelers in non-solo cabins does it exist a link or a page in the official site RCI where I can see all and everything is explained and described?

Thanks in advance

Ciao :)

It's a footnote on the Crown ad Anchor Page on the Royal Caribbean website.

One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms. All other rates including Travel Agent rates, as well category SI and SB, are excluded from single price type extra point promotion. Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category.

Ok thanks for explain to me about December Celebration!

About this new rules for double points for solo travelers in non-solo cabins does it exist a link or a page in the official site RCI where I can see all and everything is explained and described?

Thanks in advance

Ciao :)

Look at this page:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

Footnote 14:

14 One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms. All other rates including Travel Agent rates, as well category SI and SB, are excluded from single price type extra point promotion. Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category.

Edited by clarea

Very interesting!! ..and thought I knew this page ... but I must admit that I had never read all the notes at the bottom of the page (probably I'm not the only one ...!). We never stop to learning, but I like it :)

Thanks