COUNTDOWN to REGAL PRINCESS: News, updates, and general information!!!

dmwnc1959

15 Days until Regal Princess is officially handed over at Monfalcone (May 15, 2014)

16 Days until her 4-night Pre-inaugural from Trieste (May 16, 2014)

20 Days until she arrives in Venice for her Maiden Voyage (May 20, 2014)

187 Days until the inaugural US arrival in Fort Lauderdale (Nov. 3, 2014)

263 Days until she is reunited with her sister Royal Princess (Jan. 18, 2015)

Dave....will they meet in Ft. Lauderdale or another port on their itineraries?:)

Dave....will they meet in Ft. Lauderdale or another port on their itineraries?:)

They will both be in Fort Lauderdale on that day as part of their normal turn-around day between itineraries. It's one of only three times that I could find that the two Royal-class sister ships will be together at their homeport during the entire 2014/15 and 2015/16 Winter Caribbean seasons. I imagine that first time on January 18, 2015 will be pretty special for Princess Cruises and I hope they have something planned.

They will both be in Fort Lauderdale on that day as part of their normal turn-around day between itineraries. It's one of only three times that I could find that the two Royal-class sister ships will be together at their homeport during the entire 2014/15 and 2015/16 Winter Caribbean seasons. I imagine that first time on January 18, 2015 will be pretty special for Princess Cruises and I hope they have something planned.

Thanks....it might be an interesting idea for a B2B. :)

I had heard too that Ron Goodman was going to be the CD initally on Regal Princess. But if Sam is going, that would be nice. Really, really like Sam. She is a truly wonderful Cruise Director.

Sam (on the right) at our M&G on Royal Princess

11490151205_0277b3891a.jpg

Hi Dave:

You both look wonderful. Great photo of two nice people,

The Kids

I believe Sam hawker Thomas is going over to the Regal as cd and asst cd is Adam currently on the Emerad

We had never heard of her but are pleased to see that people like her. Of course, the Internet provides a lot of background on people -- sometimes even more than it probably should. For example, if you want to learn Sam Hawker-Thomas' shoe size and body weight, see http://www.starnow.com/SammyEyelash!

Hi Dave:

The Kids

Ditto!

Dave there is still room on the 12/7 Regal for ya. ;) Ryan off to the Emerald for the summer instead of the Regal. Hoping that he and Ron are together again on the Regal in December (please please)

Hi Andrea,

Wish I could join you both, but it's looking like 2016 before I'm out cruising again. :(

Ryan is a superb host and helped take the reins of Royal Princess when Sam had to leave unexpectedly on the first half of my B2B due to a family emergency. He is more than capable and a Princess Cruises guest favorite.

:D

Hi Dave:

The Kids

Hi Sheila and Marty,

Thanks for the kind words. It was for me a wonderful two weeks. Really enjoyed meeting everyone and wish we had been able to spend more time conversing over a cold beverage (water, soda, or other;)). Hope you both get out there again soon and enjoy another cruise, no matter which ship you choose.

Hi Brian,

THANKS for the great picture! Really glad they got rid of the green outdoor carpet and double-height glass windbreak back there, the latter which will make it much nicer for watching the ocean.

It's not perfect, but it's a sight better than what would have been...

13891591020_e062c0071b_b.jpg

Princess Cruises is celebrating the arrival of Regal Princess with a new sale which begins May 6th:

Sale Details HERE

14078747824_7294773fcb_o.jpg

I wished they would do this for the 7-night cruises too:

††Reduced deposit applies to each of the first two passengers in a stateroom. $50 deposit does not apply to sailings longer than 5 days.

Princess posted this rendering of the Regal's Terrace Pool on their Facebook page.

10269573_10152372181384060_5926311045356582340_n.jpg

This rendering (looks like an actual photo) clearly shows that there are two stairways leading from the deck up to the pool area at the 2 and 10 o'clock position as you're looking forward.

Brian - thank you so much for the photo - this area now looks beautiful.

I don't recall the nice furniture under the shade - is that an addition also? Looks like it will be a popular spot for shade lovers who want to dip their toes in the pool occasionally.

Maybe this has been discussed and I missed it. If I remember correctly, this was a smoking area on the Royal. Do you think smoking will be allowed in this area still? I'm a non-smoker, but just curious. Kay

The "whats next" is will people start to complain that not all ships have Alfredo's?? My thoughts are I am on vacay and I am sure there will a spot for me to chill and relax or join in on the cruise games and fun. :D

Just my two cents but why when someone, as some have said, complains about something related to the Royal/Regal designs are the castigated so vigorously:confused:. Does every post about these two ships have to be glowing and absent of any semblance of negative content? Ok, I'm done, flame away.......

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Just my two cents but why when someone, as some have said, complains about something related to the Royal/Regal designs are they castigated so vigorously:confused:. Does every post about these two ships have to be glowing and absent of any semblance of negative content? Ok, I'm done, flame away.......

Bob

Bob, I may be fanning the flames myself... ;)

I have noticed that on this thread and others there are people that feel very passionate about the Royal, almost like it was a family member, and they don't tolerate dissenting views very well. They are fully entitled to their opinions of course but so are those that have concerns. The Regal shows various improvements over the Royal. Are these improvements the result of the complaints? Would they have been implemented if everyone had rated the Royal a 5+?

The item below in case you need it. After this post I may need it also... :eek:

FE2.jpg.b6b33090dd7583229a0959c62a17b2cb.jpg

Brian - thank you so much for the photo - this area now looks beautiful.

I don't recall the nice furniture under the shade - is that an addition also? Looks like it will be a popular spot for shade lovers who want to dip their toes in the pool occasionally.

Maybe this has been discussed and I missed it. If I remember correctly, this was a smoking area on the Royal. Do you think smoking will be allowed in this area still? I'm a non-smoker, but just curious. Kay

Smoking has been allowed on the port side of the Terrace Pool on the Grand class ships. I don't know of that is still the case. We have been on the Emerald, Sapphire and the Grand in the last year, but I can't remember :eek: I do remember that smoking was allowed on the port side of the seating area outside of Club One5 on the Grand. There still might be smoking allowed in part of the area.

Dave can confirm, but I don't believe there was any furniture under that area on the Royal. That furniture looks like the furniture on the Horizon Terrace on the deck below.

Just my two cents but why when someone, as some have said, complains about something related to the Royal/Regal designs are the castigated so vigorously:confused:. Does every post about these two ships have to be glowing and absent of any semblance of negative content? Ok, I'm done, flame away.......

Bob

attachment.php?attachmentid=311278&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1398967508In case of Emergency

This rendering (looks like an actual photo) clearly shows that there are two stairways leading from the deck up to the pool area at the 2 and 10 o'clock position as you're looking forward.

yeah, but still only ONE ladder going down into the pool itself, and from the width of it compared to the overall pool .... hmmmmm :confused:

There still doesn't seem to be any conclusive word on the naming and godmother of Regal. Although someone reported that the daily paper the Mirror in the UK said that she will be named in Florida in November?? This would seem very odd. We in the UK don't always believe what we read in the Mirror or any other paper for that matter! Anyone heard anything?

Smoking has been allowed on the port side of the Terrace Pool on the Grand class ships. I don't know of that is still the case. We have been on the Emerald, Sapphire and the Grand in the last year, but I can't remember :eek: I do remember that smoking was allowed on the port side of the seating area outside of Club One5 on the Grand. There still might be smoking allowed in part of the area.

Dave can confirm, but I don't believe there was any furniture under that area on the Royal. That furniture looks like the furniture on the Horizon Terrace on the deck below.

Below is a picture of the aft area on deck 17 of the Royal. The Regal rendering shows much nicer furniture in the covered area (under the deck 18 jogging track).

489734403_RoyalDeck17Aft(Large).jpg.c192972dce4b3d2c04c37a377508d33b.jpg

Good to know about the smoking Brian. I also thought the furniture looked the same as that in the Horizon Terrace.