Freedom Aft Balcony

surmy555

Google "show us your aft" - look for the cruise critic thread with several pages of photos and descriptions of aft cabins.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1243860&highlight=show+us+your+aft

It's the go to place to see pics and links of pics. Some of the early links are inactive since it's an old thread, but many pics are embedded in the thread and some people also have links in their signatures. You'll need to pick through, but generally, independence, Freedom and Liberty will have the same cabin numbers in the same locations and you will get a good idea of what the cabins look like!

Good luck!

What's the best Cat E or D Aft balcony on the Freedom? We've never had an aft balcony and I see some available on the Freedom cruise we're looking at. Which would be the best choice? Thanks.

...Or in stead of paying more for the D1, book 7708 or 7408. :D Cheaper and has a huge balcony! You can see many pics of them in the "show us your aft" thread.

...Or in stead of paying more for the D1, book 7708 or 7408. :D Cheaper and has a huge balcony! You can see many pics of them in the "show us your aft" thread.

I have 7408 for our Freedom cruise which is a E1. D1s are less expensive on that cruise right now but I wasn't able to get 1400 or 1700. Should I keep on eye out for one of them vs 7408? I was a little concerned bc 1400 & 1700 are under the Windjammer.

Thank you. :)

I have 7408 for our Freedom cruise which is a E1. D1s are less expensive on that cruise right now but I wasn't able to get 1400 or 1700. Should I keep on eye out for one of them vs 7408? I was a little concerned bc 1400 & 1700 are under the Windjammer.

It depends on how much you value more inside space. I take the outside balcony space over inside space any day! I love that 7708 and 7408 have the circular opening that adds so much more to your view, not to mention light on the balcony. I found this video of Liberty. I don't know why they did not have the two loungers on this video, but we had them. All pics I have seen also had the 2 loungers...

Here are pics that show the balcony some...

e428f6aa34ba52f61a005fecea89f6bd_zpsb527b240.jpg

dbb3334c842de528b105d4cf983a72b1_zps0d414bd7.jpg

We heard absolutely nothing from the windjammer at any time and believe me we used that balcony a LOT! (I can hear a gnat fart when I sleep. Believe be I would have been the first to complain if there were a noise issue). We had a great experience in that cabin for 7 days.

:p

We just returned from the Freedom cabin 1700. There is no noise from the windjammer because there is about 10 inches of dead space between the top of your cabin to the underside beams of the windjammer. There is no connecting interface to transmit sounds .

We just returned from the Freedom cabin 1700. There is no noise from the windjammer because there is about 10 inches of dead space between the top of your cabin to the underside beams of the windjammer. There is no connecting interface to transmit sounds .

Thank you - that's an awesome report. We have that cabin booked for a cruise in 2015.

Would you recommend the cabin, I have 9404 in August. Do you have any pictures of the cabin itself. Is the balcony larger than an average one

Thanks

I have not had this cabin. I just saw the pics on another thread. It looks great and the balcony is definitely larger than standard. If you want additional info, post your question in the thread, linked below. I am sure someone who stayed in it will respond. :)

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=40977694#post40977694