Got an email from Carnival Australia

With special Carnival cruise offers for past P&O/ Princess guests, does this mean all past cruises are joined with all three lines now?

no i dont think so, all cruise lines are different... the only thing you would have is the same past passenger number

I did Carnival Spirit out of Vancouver to Alaska and Hawaii, just booked family holiday on the Legend out of Sydney and my past guest doesn't count for anything in OZ :(

Hi Dream Team, I would double check that as I know when I have been looking for Alaska cruises myself my past number counts. It could be that with Australian cruises you have to actually manually enter in your cruise as it does not automatically link in.

We have just booked the Spirit with this Princess past passenger email deal. Sailed on the Carnival Glory last year. No past passenger deal for this. We were told upfront to ring back after the aussie Spirit cruise, and our points from the Glory will be combined, and will be given the same VIFP number. You have to complete one Carnival aussie cruise first for this to happen.....and you have to ring and organise this 'join' before booking future cruises. No mention of the Princess, P&O etc being joined.

I must say....one thing I did notice was Carnival's phone manner. Nicest, cheeriest people I have spoken to when booking cruises...not that others are off, but their manner did stand out way above the rest.

Maybe, or perhaps someone has passed on a contact listing:eek:.

The only ones would be Carnival USA Princess or P&O.

I deleted the email because they were all for South Pacific cruises and I have done enough of them! But the offers were quite good.

We have just booked the Spirit with this Princess past passenger email deal. Sailed on the Carnival Glory last year. No past passenger deal for this. We were told upfront to ring back after the aussie Spirit cruise, and our points from the Glory will be combined, and will be given the same VIFP number. You have to complete one Carnival aussie cruise first for this to happen.....and you have to ring and organise this 'join' before booking future cruises. No mention of the Princess, P&O etc being joined.

I must say....one thing I did notice was Carnival's phone manner. Nicest, cheeriest people I have spoken to when booking cruises...not that others are off, but their manner did stand out way above the rest.

This is good news if Carnival AU cruises now count towards your Carnival USA VIFP days:)

I have a Carnival Dream cruise in June and did a Carnival splendor cruise in June 12.

I was told after the Splendor cruise that USA VIFP would never be combined with Carnival Australia?

And why were we offered past princess/P&O guest deals on carnival AU?

I know they all come under the same parent company Carnival USA but they may as well of offered VIFP deals for Aussie Carnival?

This is good news if Carnival AU cruises now count towards your Carnival USA VIFP days:)

I have a Carnival Dream cruise in June and did a Carnival splendor cruise in June 12.

I was told after the Splendor cruise that USA VIFP would never be combined with Carnival Australia?

And why were we offered past princess/P&O guest deals on carnival AU?

I know they all come under the same parent company Carnival USA but they may as well of offered VIFP deals for Aussie Carnival?

Yes it is good news. I had actually rang the week before, asking re our Carnival USA bits, and the answer was no, not at the moment. When I rang on Friday, after receiving the Princess offer email, the Carnival rep surprised me with this news. I hadn't bothered to ask again....he was the one that bought it up. He stressed that we have to make this phone call after our first aussie Carnival cruise, it is not done automatically, and that they were in the throws of altering a few things to cater for us aussies. I am not sure when this 'union' begins, or if it is now current for those that have already sailed from both countries, as our cruise on the Spirit is 2015......but I am very happy:)

My personal thoughts re this Princess email, is that it may just be a one off, to entice more customers over to their line.....a cunning business promo. Would be so nice if all eventually knitted together.

I have done one carnival Australia cruise and had joined the US website and since my cruise didn't show up I asked for it to be added, within 2 days I had confirmation it was added.

However I don't think I will get any extra for being frequent floater with Princess, but wanted to make sure I was listed with Carnival.

Hi there

We sailed Carnival Splendor in 2011 from USA & were allocated a VIFP number afterwards.

When we booked on Carnival Spirit for Feb 2014 (just sailed), we were allocated different VIFP numbers.

I pointed out that we'd sailed on Splendor previously & even though I received email confirmation back from Carnival that our earlier sailing would be taken into account, I was dubious that would happen.

Armed with the emails etc, if necessary I was ready to challenge the Guest Services assistant at check-in when boarding last week at the OTC in Sydney in the event we were issued with the first timers' blue cards.

But lo & behold, we were handed the red card, the 2nd tier in the Carnival rewards program. Our USA VIFP number was on the card.

In other words, overseas sailings on Carnival followed by Oz sailings, do all count.:o

And I must say, Carnival turned it on for red card holders on the Spirit on our cruise - the scheduled 30 minute meet & greet with the Captain & senior officers,with free canapes & drinks, went overtime by 30 minutes & they were very generous handing out the drinks. It was a great function.:)

Cheers

Phil

Its even more exciting...:D If you cruise with Cunard you will have the same number as well;)

don't think so as my cunard is separate

carnival Australia cruises are linked for princess, p & O and carnival with P & O uk included

but hal, msc, costa and cunard have always been independent here

and my carnival us cruises are not incl in my princess lot either

cheers

Greg

Hi there

We sailed Carnival Splendor in 2011 from USA & were allocated a VIFP number afterwards.

When we booked on Carnival Spirit for Feb 2014 (just sailed), we were allocated different VIFP numbers.

I pointed out that we'd sailed on Splendor previously & even though I received email confirmation back from Carnival that our earlier sailing would be taken into account, I was dubious that would happen.

Armed with the emails etc, if necessary I was ready to challenge the Guest Services assistant at check-in when boarding last week at the OTC in Sydney in the event we were issued with the first timers' blue cards.

But lo & behold, we were handed the red card, the 2nd tier in the Carnival rewards program. Our USA VIFP number was on the card.

In other words, overseas sailings on Carnival followed by Oz sailings, do all count.:o

And I must say, Carnival turned it on for red card holders on the Spirit on our cruise - the scheduled 30 minute meet & greet with the Captain & senior officers,with free canapes & drinks, went overtime by 30 minutes & they were very generous handing out the drinks. It was a great function.:)

Cheers

Phil

That's interesting. Pity we couldn't get the past passenger discount when we booked the Spirit last Friday:D Perhaps you actually have to step foot onboard the first aussie cruise. This is what they had indicated. Nice to know we will automatically be 'red' once onboard....and not after this cruise.

Thanks for posting the info.

I did Carnival Spirit out of Vancouver to Alaska and Hawaii, just booked family holiday on the Legend out of Sydney and my past guest doesn't count for anything in OZ :(

DreamTeam. I have cruised with Carnival 7 Times internationally and once in Australia and your Alaskan Hawaii cruise does count. Have you registered for your VIFP on the US site to keep track of your cruises. Because when you do the aussie one you need to go on that site and put your aussie cruise in manually. It will be recognised. Here is the site if you need it https://secure.carnival.com/BookedGuest/GuestManagement/Registration/Enroll You have a VIFP # for the US site and a different # for the AU site. But all cruises you do with Carnival count.

Another thing doing the previous B2B you would have started with a Blue card(1st cruise) then finished with a Red card(2nd sailing and up to 24points) 1 point = 1 day. You should now be at around 19 points so on the next cruise you should be issued with a Gold card (25 - 74 points) Because you will hit the 25 point during your next cruise you will start the next cruise as Gold. On our last cruise we were Gold but because we hit Platinum during that cruise we started the cruise as Platinum with all perks.

Edited by aussie2324

• 4 weeks later...
DreamTeam. I have cruised with Carnival 7 Times internationally and once in Australia and your Alaskan Hawaii cruise does count. Have you registered for your VIFP on the US site to keep track of your cruises. Because when you do the aussie one you need to go on that site and put your aussie cruise in manually. It will be recognised. Here is the site if you need it https://secure.carnival.com/BookedGuest/GuestManagement/Registration/Enroll You have a VIFP # for the US site and a different # for the AU site. But all cruises you do with Carnival count.

Another thing doing the previous B2B you would have started with a Blue card(1st cruise) then finished with a Red card(2nd sailing and up to 24points) 1 point = 1 day. You should now be at around 19 points so on the next cruise you should be issued with a Gold card (25 - 74 points) Because you will hit the 25 point during your next cruise you will start the next cruise as Gold. On our last cruise we were Gold but because we hit Platinum during that cruise we started the cruise as Platinum with all perks.

Thanks for that link. I couldn't seem to get to the USA site any other way. I wonder if you can help me with a question. How do you get a VIFP number on the Australian site? My daughter and I booked our first Carnival cruise today sailing from Sydney and all I can do on the Aussie site is log in with our booking number. We booked through a travel agent. Any help appreciated.

Jenny

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

Thanks for that link. I couldn't seem to get to the USA site any other way. I wonder if you can help me with a question. How do you get a VIFP number on the Australian site? My daughter and I booked our first Carnival cruise today sailing from Sydney and all I can do on the Aussie site is log in with our booking number. We booked through a travel agent. Any help appreciated.

Jenny

You can register with VIFP but you cant get a VIFP number until your first cruise, we got ours 2 weeks after sailing Carnival.

You can register with VIFP but you cant get a VIFP number until your first cruise, we got ours 2 weeks after sailing Carnival.

Do you register on the Australian or American site?