Carnival's MDR and Buffet Desserts: Your Favorites and Least Favorites

thecruiserofships

Desserts are, for the most part, very good onboard Carnival's ships. To me the desserts in the MDR are always better than the buffet desserts, but there are still some good items to eat in the buffet.

I have a few dessert photos compiled from my cruises of desserts from the MDR and buffet.

http://www.embarkandaway.com/cruise-ship-dessert-photos.html

What is your favorite and least favorite dessert to eat in the MDR or the buffet?

My favorite buffet dessert would be Key Lime Pie.

My favorite MDR dessert would be a tie between Warm Chocolate Melting Cake and Apple Pie.

I usually only go to lido buffet for lunch, and rarely have room for dessert, but the only one I save room for at the lunch buffet is key lime pie. It is not the best key lime pie I have had, but it is not the worse either, and I actually like it very much.

Dining room dinner service, I like the "diet", not sure how diet they are, since they taste so good:D, lemon, orange and coconut cakes. Also the creme brulee,

and love to order the cheese plate with a glass of port wine.

I like lots about the new menu that Carnival is testing, but am not happy with the lack of options for dessert. But if it means I have to forgo dessert in the future, then I do know that I will survive and maybe gain a pound or two less than usual:)

Edited by SMSACE6

Are they still serving Bitter & Blanc fleetwide? I sure hope so...

Not on the ships that have gone to the American Table/Feast menus, which would be Glory, Liberty, Imagination, and Inspiration....I believe.

I don't usually eat dessert in Lido except for the first day when they serve that chocolate cake with the mint glaze top.....YUM :D

Fav in the mdr is Creme Brulee....which sadly is gone from the Liberty menu. :(:rolleyes:

Hmmm, to be honest nothing really sticks out in my mind as being awful, which is a good thing. Can't even think of a least favorite. However, the Creme Brûlée in the MDR is my absolute favorite dessert of all time. Sooo good. It was just the perfect sweetness.

Warm chocolate melting cake, bitter and blanc, and the creme brûlée (one of my all-time favorites, I just wished they served it warm/hot instead of room temp.). I also enjoy a piece of carrot cake or cheesecake from the specialty coffee shops. The slices are huge, and can feed 2-3 people easily.

Hmmm, to be honest nothing really sticks out in my mind as being awful, which is a good thing. Can't even think of a least favorite. However, the Creme Brûlée in the MDR is my absolute favorite dessert of all time. Sooo good. It was just the perfect sweetness.

I agree that not having anything stick out is a good thing!

Sometimes the lido desserts are a hit or a miss.

My favorite is the Bitter and Blanc

but my husband and I happened upon some of the most absolutely wonderful chocolate pie once on the Fascination.

Never found it again.:(

I don't know if it had a special name, but it deserved it.

Maybe you will come across that good piece of pie again some day!

Was the pie in the buffet or MDR?

Bitter and blanc is a warm bread pudding with both white and dark chocolate, served with a creme englaise.

I thought this was my favorite, but i found a way to top it so to speak. I order the cherries jubilee, and pour the cherries onto the bitter and blanc, and made nirvana.

My favorite on the lido deck is on the Mexican lunch buffet, the paris breste, a coffee cream puff. YUM!

The Bitter and Blanc was my favorite dessert on the old menu.....the new menu was a toss up between the Sticky Toffee Briosch with 4 sauces.......and the Banana White Chocolate bread pudding.....both were good...ohhh.marshhawk...that sounds really sinful!!! Never really ate the desserts on the buffet....

Edited by rubysmom

Kind of off topic, but has anyone had the apple puff pastry dessert that they serve in the steakhouse on the Freedom? How was it? Pictures?

I had it on the Breeze and thought it was delicious. Chocolate sampler is too rich and the cheesecake is huge, so for me, the apple dessert was perfect.

Desserts are, for the most part, very good onboard Carnival's ships. To me the desserts in the MDR are always better than the buffet desserts, but there are still some good items to eat in the buffet.

I have a few dessert photos compiled from my cruises of desserts from the MDR and buffet.

http://www.embarkandaway.com/cruise-ship-dessert-photos.html

What is your favorite and least favorite dessert to eat in the MDR or the buffet?

My favorite buffet dessert would be Key Lime Pie.

My favorite MDR dessert would be a tie between Warm Chocolate Melting Cake and Apple Pie.

I agree with you.........Key Lime Pie.............

I wish they would have it every day.............

Also I agree the WCMC-Warm Chocolate Melting Cake. is good,,,,,,