Peach Long Island iced tea!!

As a former tender myself, I can vouch that Peach Teas are usually just as strong as a Long Island... they just don't taste as strong because the syrup of the schnapps masks the sting of the gin, rum, etc.

I guess it would depend on the proof of the Triple Sec. Dekypper Peach Schnapps is 30 proof (15%), I seem to be out of Triple Sec at the moment :( so I can't attest to the proof, but my bottle of Cointreau ( a nice substitute) is 80 proof (40%). that is in line with the remaining ingredients, so a peach ice tea could be a little weaker by volume :p

I guess it would depend on the proof of the Triple Sec. Dekypper Peach Schnapps is 30 proof (15%), I seem to be out of Triple Sec at the moment :( so I can't attest to the proof, but my bottle of Cointreau ( a nice substitute) is 80 proof (40%). that is in line with the remaining ingredients, so a peach ice tea could be a little weaker by volume :p

Call Triple Sec (such as DeKuyper) is 30 Proof. Cointreau would make for a top-shelf LI... but would give it a tiny kick. (Pro Tip: I make my LI Iced Teas for me and the soon-to-be DW with Cointreau, so you have the right idea ;) ).

Edited by Dajbman22

Call Triple Sec (such as DeKuyper) is 30 Proof. Cointreau would make for a top-shelf LI... but would give it a tiny kick. (Pro Tip: I make my LI Iced Teas for me and the soon-to-be DW with Cointreau, so you have the right idea ;) ).

Of course in a bar it would cost a fortune, but this is my mix (at home!) for a top-shelf Long Island Iced Tea (and not to brag, but I did win bartender of the year in HX Magazine in NYC in 02... LOL) !

Stoli or Absolut Vodka

Bacardi or Gosslings Rum

Patron Tequila

Tanqueray Gin

Cointreau

Diet Coke (that cancels out all the calories!)

Fresh Lemon

....and you have an AWESOME drink!

I think I'm gonna try making the Peach version next time .. never had that one ... I guess you'd just leave the Cointreau and lemon out ?

Edited by F27TW

Of course in a bar it would cost a fortune, but this is my mix (at home!) for a top-shelf Long Island Iced Tea (and not to brag, but I did win bartender of the year in HX Magazine in NYC in 02... LOL) !

Stoli or Absolut Vodka

Bacardi or Gosslings Rum

Patron Tequila

Tanqueray Gin

Cointreau

Fresh Lemon

I think I'm gonna try making the Peach version next time .. never had that one ... I guess you'd just leave the Cointreau and lemon out ?

It's great! It's one of my favorite drinks. Quick question for you. I drink ciroc peach with cranberry but they don't serve ciroc on RC. Could I ask for grey goose with the peach schnapps then add the cranberry? Ciroc peach with cranberry is also my favorite. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's great! It's one of my favorite drinks. Quick question for you. I drink ciroc peach with cranberry but they don't serve ciroc on RC. Could I ask for grey goose with the peach schnapps then add the cranberry? Ciroc peach with cranberry is also my favorite. Lol

It might be a tad bit sweeter than u are used to when u have it with the Ciroc Peach, only because peach schnapps is pretty sweet itself, but still sounds like a great drink to me! And if it does turn out to be little too sweet, ask for a splash of club soda over the top to cut it on the next one.

Stoli or Absolut Vodka

Bacardi or Gosslings Rum

Patron Tequila

Tanqueray Gin

Cointreau

Fresh Lemon

My only change would be 1800 or Espolon over Patron. I just am in the "Patron is overpriced and mediocre" camp. But hey, my bar-tending credentials are a few part-time gigs and an online "certificate", so I will concede to the more seasoned professional on this recipe.

Edited by Dajbman22

It might be a tad bit sweeter than u are used to when u have it with the Ciroc Peach, only because peach schnapps is pretty sweet itself, but still sounds like a great drink to me! And if it does turn out to be little too sweet, ask for a splash of club soda over the top to cut it on the next one.

Ok thanks for the assistance. I don't drink club soda so would sprite be ok?

My only change would be 1800 or Espolon over Patron. I just am in the "Patron is overpriced and mediocre" camp. But hey, my bar-tending credentials are a few part-time gigs and an online "certificate", so I will concede to the more seasoned professional on this recipe.

Daj ... I'm a firm believer in whatever you like most is what you should use ... in fact I have used 1800 too and its terrific! Never had Espolon, tho ... gotta check that out sometime!

I'm long outta the bartending biz now .. I'm a "home mixologist" at best now .. LOL!

Oh yea definitely. The peach teas aren't as strong as the regular iced teas.

Any type of LIT SHOULD be the same strength (throughout the same company or bar, different companies/bars have different standard recipes as to how much of each liquor.)

The difference is the peach/strawberry/mango LITs taste sweeter because of the flavor, so it's not as strong of an alcohol taste.

Manda

Just be nice and tip your bartender a little xtra ... Long Island Iced Teas are a pain in the neck for a bartender to make!! :D:p

(and ... here they come .. the "well its their job.." comments!)

There's a lot of ingredients compared to other drinks, but as a bartender I'd rather make LITs all day than martinis! LITs don't require chilling the glass or 'swirling/stirring' or whatever other random variation the drinker requests! But I'm sure that's just me, other bartenders might feel differently.

Manda

Any type of LIT SHOULD be the same strength (throughout the same company or bar, different companies/bars have different standard recipes as to how much of each liquor.)

The difference is the peach/strawberry/mango LITs taste sweeter because of the flavor, so it's not as strong of an alcohol taste.

Manda

Should be the same if every bartender makes it the exact same way. Some have heavy hands while others don't. My experience with long islands is that the peach teas aren't as strong, to me.

Should be the same if every bartender makes it the exact same way. Some have heavy hands while others don't. My experience with long islands is that the peach teas aren't as strong, to me.

That's why I said it should be the same throughout a bar/company. Different bars/restaurants may have a different recipe, but in each place the bartenders should all be using the same recipe. You're absolutely right tho, some bartenders have heavier hands than others.. no matter what the recipe actually calls for! (..and then there's the fact that some bartenders also change their pours based on the guests/their friends or regulars/better tippers.)

I do love peach LITs tho!

Manda

That's why I said it should be the same throughout a bar/company. Different bars/restaurants may have a different recipe, but in each place the bartenders should all be using the same recipe. You're absolutely right tho, some bartenders have heavier hands than others.. no matter what the recipe actually calls for! (..and then there's the fact that some bartenders also change their pours based on the guests/their friends or regulars/better tippers.)

I do love peach LITs tho!

Manda

Lol very true! Haha the part about the friends