Splendor OTS Norovirus

Spurschick

Hi all,

I hope this comes out alright as I am a first time poster but have been reading your pages for a while with much interest.

My parents are currently on the splendor around Brazil and are doing a B2B.

When they boarded they emailed and said Norovirus was on the ship last week.

They emailed again yesterday to say they had been told they have to disembark on Sunday for the ship to be cleaned before they can get back on. They did say they would email me again today to use up the last of their free minutes as they are diamond + to give me an update! but I have not heard from them.

Whilst I know there are not many English Speaking passengers on board I was wondering if anyone knew anyone currently sailing and if they had heard anything.

Thanks

It hasn't been in our news...but it would take a HUGE outbreak for it to be reported....it's quite common this time of year....tis the season for Noro! It's not just on ships, but it's quite prevelant in schools during the winter....and churches, hospitals, hotels, etc...wherever there are lots of people in close contact.

It would be odd NOT to have it on some ship or another!

Thank you for the reply.

I have literally just heard from them. They said everyone even b2b people have to be off the ship all day Sunday. Nobody is being allowed to re board before 3pm. As such RC are giving all B2B people free excursions for the day with lunch included as obviously they can not eat onboard. I am guessing it must be pretty big for them to be going to that expense!

It hasn't been in our news...but it would take a HUGE outbreak for it to be reported....it's quite common this time of year....tis the season for Noro! It's not just on ships, but it's quite prevelant in schools during the winter....and churches, hospitals, hotels, etc...wherever there are lots of people in close contact.

It would be odd NOT to have it on some ship or another!

You are so right about that. Our little granddaughter had something similar not sure if it was actually Noro while we were visiting our daughter and her family. All of us caught it in some form or another. Some worse than others. No ship in site.

Thank you for the reply.

I have literally just heard from them. They said everyone even b2b people have to be off the ship all day Sunday. Nobody is being allowed to re board before 3pm. As such RC are giving all B2B people free excursions for the day with lunch included as obviously they can not eat onboard. I am guessing it must be pretty big for them to be going to that expense!

It's cheaper to feed all the b2b cruisers and give them an excursion than to have to treat a lot of ill people and/or give credit to everyone onboard if a real outbreak happens. Probably not huge number doing b2b anyway, so not a big expense. The excursion is probably a tour of the city on a bus and lunch at a restaurant, not the most expensive excursion, but a great way to handle the issue.

Edited by BND