Tip Treats

Crazymasons

Thank you to whomever gave me this idea (I wish I could remember). Today I made up little tip baggies, particularly for room service. Hey we're on our honeymoon, we'll probably get room service a lot :)

xjz2.jpg

What a neat idea......thanks!!!!

Tip treats for room service are awesome but that should be in addition to and not in lieu of at least $1 cash tip.:D I always bring "bite sized" candies to hand room service with my $1 and $2 tips.

Edited by mousey

Tip treats for room service are awesome but that should be in addition to and not in lieu of at least $1 cash tip.:D I always bring "bite sized" candies to hand room service with my $1 and $2 tips.

That's what it looks like she did. $1s fit nicely in those zip snack bags. Cute idea.

I think this is a good idea and all, but I think the crew members might not exactly care for the candy, I mean, they aren't lil kids...like one previous person commented, it's kind of demeaning. Heck, I'm 13 and I personally find it a little bit demeaning.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I think its super cute! Great job and enjoy your honeymoon!

Amanda from KY

wife to Danny

Mom to two girls K (10) and C (8)

First sailing on Carnival Imagination May 2010

Carnival Liberty May 2012 for hubbys graduation

Carnival Dream March 2013 (first balcony!)

Next up- Carnival Sunshine March 30th 2014.

Candy, especially chocolate is very much appreciated. For us it's a treat that we can have anytime but for many countries it's a luxury. If all they get is a tip it goes to necessary items or gets sent home. I wouldn't take away tip money but as an extra it's very much appreciated. Once in Mexco we gave a grounds keeper a chocolate bar and it was like he'd won a lottery.

That is a very nice way to give your tips. I have no imagination but may do this on our upcoming Magic cruse.

When I first started cruising in 2005, I could not get enough of cruise critic. Now, it just wears me out how negative people can be. Newbies ask a question or make an observation and get slammed by more experienced cruisers. We all had to start somewhere and I think to belittle a newbies expression of excitement is just plane rude.

I'm obviously getting older because I have no tolerance for rudeness anymore.

:eek: