Captains Club Points

Eleris

Please don't speak for all of us, I'm a past Captain's Club member and think it was handled totally fair. Some of us cruise for the enjoyment of it, not the perks.

I agree with you!!! We cruise for the experience, ports of call, service and enjoyment. I'm one of the few that will have more points if the new system was applied to my cruise history and I'm not complaining or saying is not fair. I'm looking forward to our next cruise and will appreciate the internet and laundry coupons. ;);)

• 2 months later...

This program change was a boon for some and a loss for others. I think the heart of it was it just made some people feel less valued to the company -- especially those who really did spend a lot of money with the company over the years.

I fortunately, was one of those 7 points people and got the 30 bonus points, so it was an about even exchange for me. I do not cruise for the bonuses, but they are a nice perk to have.

My sister and I just got back from a Celebrity Reflection 7 day in a Concierge class stateroom (that I paid for upfront) and I got my 35 points. I am still at least one cruise away from Elite (I have 275 points now), BUT while I was on the ship, they gave me the Elite coupons ANYWAY (and let me use them). That was a nice thing... I just couldn't go to the Elite gatherings.

The thing I really LIKE about the new program is that you can no longer stack up those little 1-3 day cruises and get the same benefits as those of us who spend more money and time to take the longer cruises. That in the long run is fair to future guests.

I have an Xpedition 15 day scheduled for 2016 (bucket list dream trip!!!), and was happy to hear from these posts that I will get 180 points for that cruise... unless they change it again before then!!! Not that it matters... I don't think I will ever get to the Elite Plus. :(

Does anyone know how it works when you go on Azamara with Select on Celebrity? Do I need to get a new card number? Do those points add to my celebrity status or is it a separate program? I have a 12 night on Azamara this fall. Never cruised with them before. Thanks!

It was my understanding that Expedition points were only for the cruise days.

No, I have not received my first 25 bonus and it is bugging me. It's been a month since the cruise began.

No, I have not received my first 25 bonus and it is bugging me. It's been a month since the cruise began.

I doubt whether the start date of your cruise is even a factor. It has more to do when the cruise was completed.

My bonus points from February cruises have just been added since I notice 50 additional points. Nothing yet from March 3rd or beyond. However, no cause for concern since Celebrity appears to have noted any new level on boarding documents. No one has reported not receiving new level benefits if earned. Check your boarding pass to see if new level is noted. It was in my case and heard the same from others.

Thank you Orator.

I double checked to make sure three bookings were eligible before booking, so hoping not to end up having to defend my receiving the promised points at some time.