Pride in Great Shape

softsands

Currently on Pride anchored in Marigot, St. Maarten. Prior to the cruise I held concerns that it wouldn't be up to standard owing to the Windstar transition. But I can tell you the ship looks in absolutely great shape, very well maintained, have not observed any deficiencies at all. Our suite, category B1, is lovely, some wear in the marble in the bathroom but really looking, and working, super. Staff have been their usual stellar selves and one would not know this ship is leaving the Seabourn family in a few weeks. Two days into the cruise, my earlier fears were completely unfounded.

So good to hear this! I saw someone comment on one of other luxury boards about the triplets. The comment implied that perhaps they're not being maintained particularly well prior to handover to Windstar. Even though I've only read good reports about the triplets in the last couple of months, I felt I couldn't respond because I've never sailed on them. Hopefully the poster will see this thread.

Edited by Ravenscroft

So good to hear this! I saw someone comment on one of other luxury boards about the triplets. The comment implied that perhaps they're not being maintained particularly well prior to handover to Windstar. Even though I've only read good reports about the triplets in the last couple of months, I felt I couldn't respond because I've never sailed on them. Hopefully the poster will see this thread.

a little knowledge is dangerous as they say:rolleyes:

Softsands: Thanks for the update - I am joining the Pride on March 23. Is there any news about whether David E. will join the ship as CD by then?

When Seabourn Pride was launched 25 years ago, this unique ship pioneered a new style of ultra-luxury cruising. Year after year, she won the hearts of travelers who fell in love with its intimate size and the warm, heartfelt hospitality of its officers and crew. As we prepare to transfer the ship to her new owners in Europe, we're inviting you to join many of her admirers and staff in celebrating Seabourn Pride and sending her off with our sincere affection and gratitude.

Come celebrate this very special ship on her final voyage, a 13-day transatlantic cruise departing March 30, from St. Thomas and arriving at Barcelona on April 12, 2014. Many veteran staff members and other alumni who have served aboard the ship over the years are scheduled to be on board, including Cruise Director David E. Greene, Hotel Director Karl Eckl, and Carol Frey, one of our most well-known destination services managers. A waiter, Sanli Mehmet who retired from the ship last year after 30 very successful contracts with Seabourn, is even coming back to serve on this cruise one last time. Longtime Club Members will be delighted to know that Nelson will be in charge of their drinks on board, and at the helm of the vessel will be Captain Erik Lund Anderssen, one of Seabourn's most veteran masters.

We are also delighted that Peter Cox will be joining us to conduct a series of Seabourn Conversations about the many places Seabourn Pride has visited during her years of service. He was Seabourn's itinerary planner and land and shore excursion developer for decades. Cox is looking forward to guests sharing their experiences and memories, along with his own. The cruise will also host Ambassador Edward Peck, a world affairs expert, for more Seabourn Conversations.

In addition, the executive chef will be resurrecting "Presidential Dinners" as served in the White House on state occasions, and there will be special commemorative pillow gifts for all guests.

Don't miss the end of an era as we bid farewell to Seabourn's first ship. We hope you'll join us aboard Seabourn Pride's final voyage.

Theres a question on the Seabourns FB page for the 23rd cruise asking how many have sailed with David E. It could just be a question or it could mean that he'll be on for that segment as well. IIRC the Club claimed he would be.

Softsands: Thanks for the update - I am joining the Pride on March 23. Is there any news about whether David E. will join the ship as CD by then?

I spoke to David three nights ago on the Sojourn and he said the plan is for him to leave shortly and join the Pride so he can be on for the final few weeks.

Jan is much improved and will be rejoining Sojourn and taking up the CD role again.

JUlie

I believe another poster has confirmed that. I haven't inquired but if the opportunity arises, I can double confirm.

What a beautiful ship the Pride is. I sailed Legend a few years ago and had a blast. This trip has started even better than the last time. Captain Anderson seems to be always around and all staff and crew are at the top of their game - and I'm somewhat picky. It might be my imagination but the food portions seem bigger than past - just as delicious - and I'm not having to order multiple apps or entrees. And the afternoon tea is just so darned civilized.

Oh, and the new smoking policy is in place. Happy to report I have not caught one whiff of anything, legal or otherwise. The air on board is pristine. I can see why we'll miss this ship.

I spoke to David three nights ago on the Sojourn and he said the plan is for him to leave shortly and join the Pride so he can be on for the final few weeks.

Jan is much improved and will be rejoining Sojourn and taking up the CD role again.

JUlie

Thanks Julie,

How has the Sojourn been for you and Keith?

Good to hear. We were on the Pride in Dec and are booked on the March 16th, with our oldest son, wife, and grandson (1st SB trip). We wanted to get as much time on her as possible. We would have loved to crossed on her, but the kids couldn't make that one. The little sisters are the reason my wife and I fell in love with SB 10 years ago, they will be missed......

Didn't intend to make this a "Live from the Pride..." thread but, oh, what the heck. Nearly half way through this trip and so far it's been outstanding (although my shrimp cocktail was missed at lunch :( but I made up for it with two at dinner).

Last night was a thrill when the Captain announced at around 10pm: the Spirit was due to pass us on its way to Antigua, us on our way to Guadeloupe. What a thrill, the two ships passing, 300 yards apart, at 2 1/2 knots, both vessels lit up. There was a short exchange of - as Captain Anderssen put it - some sibling toots. It was cool.

And this morning, would you believe it, we were accompanied by not one, but both Windstar ships in Terre Haut. As the Captain put it..."they're trying to show us up." I'm not sure if he was a little annoyed or not but I told him he could count on me if things got a little out of hand. :) A strange occurrence, indeed. But so far a wonderful trip, those of you who are booked to sail, you have much to look forward to!