Diamond and Concierge lounge question.

Spurschick

On Freedom last year for spring break, we received a letter in the stateroom outlining where the DL was, when it was open, etc. and it said kids are welcome as long as they are accompanied by an adult. My kids loved it and enjoyed their pre-dinner chocolate milk and shirley temples. They loved it.

On Freedom last year for spring break, we received a letter in the stateroom outlining where the DL was, when it was open, etc. and it said kids are welcome as long as they are accompanied by an adult. My kids loved it and enjoyed their pre-dinner chocolate milk and shirley temples. They loved it.

Your concierge was directly contradicting RCI policy regarding the DL. BUT, if I or someone else doesn't like that, then their beef is or at least should be with the DL Concierge, not with you! :)

Your concierge was directly contradicting RCI policy regarding the DL. BUT, if I or someone else doesn't like that, then their beef is or at least should be with the DL Concierge, not with you! :)
I remember the Concierge directly contradicting RCI policy about children in the DL during Happy Hour on our mid-May, 2013 cruise . We complained to customer relations when we got back. Was the concierge Sascha?

Long ago Julian the Concierge on the Enchantment had us dancing on the last night, when he did his Michael Jackson routine as well as other songs.

We had a blast, no one wanted to leave, we all missed dinner and just partied on with Julian. There were NO Children in the CL back then. or at least that cruise Let me say that was in 2007.

There were children in the CL when Julian did his Michael Jackson routine when we were on the Enchantment. I don't remember the year but do remember the kids.

• 1 year later...
They start out cute, but by the end of the cruise, many become royal pains, and some parents think the concierges are there to entertain and cater to them! Sorry, but you wouldn't take your Children to a cocktail party at home, and basically that is what you're doing on the ship.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Wow! What a harsh thing to say!! As long as the kids are well dressed and well behaved why should it matter? Some kids can blend well at a cocktail party. We happen to have two boys who enjoy dressing in their suits and mingling with adults, and enjoying sodas on the ships. They are very well behaved and many adults enjoy their company. You are making a broad statement that is not true for all children. People like you are the reason we still do a private table for just our family instead of a larger table with others. Running into biased people like you would ruin our dinner experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[quote name='FLSteve11']I have never taken my DD to the Diamond Lounge during cocktail time, as the rule is she should not be there. Would it be easier for the family to get a pre-dinner drink? Sure. But I'm not going to push some concierge to bend the rule when they shouldn't have to.

By the way, as gross as it is, I have seen just as many adults touching everything with their fingers at the buffets. Sadly, it's not a kid specific issue.[/QUOTE]

I was horrified when an entire family proceeded to pick the edible decor off the desserts off the chocolate buffet once, I couldn't keep my mouth shut. I told them they have just contaminated the entire buffet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk