Diamond and Concierge lounge question.

Spurschick

I think that this is a bit harsh. I have never seen this happen with children, but I have seen this happen with adults.

I agree.

I hate these threads because it is adults being very mean. To put it in simple terms.:o

The way they talk about children here, are probably the adults that are behaving like a$$'s in the lounges. I have only seen bad behavior from adults [although I travel on the off season] and it is cringe worthy to say the least.

Example-

Last cruise, lady drops a drink walking out the lounge door and turns to the server and says, and I quote, "I made a mess, clean it up' and walked out the door. There's a word for a lady like that!! Both of my kids, who are adults now, looked at me and went WOW!!:eek: At least I raised them well enough to know an a$$ when they see one!!!:D

The only issue I've seen with children is that one time while in the DL, there were a "group" of about 6 kids with their parents; aged between 6 and 12. The issue came to be that I could not sit down and enjoy a glass of wine or some nibbles because these kids took all of the seating. They were constantly up and down from their chairs grabbing food and cokes while the parents did NOTHING. I had mentioned this to the host and she pretty much did nothing to assist us. Not cool!!! :(

Hi all,

Sorry to trouble you all if this has already been answered somewhere but wanted some feedback.

If I am reading correctly minors are now allowed on both lounges on an evening during free drinks provided they are accompanied by an adult.

unless things have changed in the last month only the CONCIERGE lounge allows kids during cocktail hour. the Diamond lounge is still kid free. the suite pax pitched hissy fits crying it wasn't fair that they had no where to plop the kids while they got their nightly free drinks.

Regardless, I hate the option of children in either lounge during cocktail hour. I don't care how polite,quiet or whatever. they have free reign the other 21 hours of the day.

as for all those who gripe about adults being worse , yeah well I have YET to see over the top drunkenness or inappropriate behavior from adults in the lounge. I HAVE seen whiny bratty children and toddlers making huge messes.

and yes i will admit to seeing a couple of very young children being relatively quiet and only antsy in the circle of chairs their adults were in. they, however were a very DISTINCT minority and were often glossed over and forgotten because the obnoxious ones were the attention grabbers.

I agree.

I hate these threads because it is adults being very mean. To put it in simple terms.:o

The way they talk about children here, are probably the adults that are behaving like a$$'s in the lounges. I have only seen bad behavior from adults [although I travel on the off season] and it is cringe worthy to say the least.

Example-

Last cruise, lady drops a drink walking out the lounge door and turns to the server and says, and I quote, "I made a mess, clean it up' and walked out the door. There's a word for a lady like that!! Both of my kids, who are adults now, looked at me and went WOW!!:eek: At least I raised them well enough to know an a$$ when they see one!!!:D

Yes, that woman was an a$$, without a doubt. Certainly there are a percentage of adults who are a$$es, unfortunately. But really, that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic of kids in lounges during cocktail hours.

Again, is it not possible to feel that there SHOULD be SOME venues and SOME events which are adults only, without being labeled "very mean" or other derogatory names? Children are allowed in most venues during most times of the day. There are also children-only venues where adults are not supposed to be. So why is it so wrong to think that the DL during cocktail hour should remain kid-free?

Yes, that woman was an a$$, without a doubt. Certainly there are a percentage of adults who are a$$es, unfortunately. But really, that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic of kids in lounges during cocktail hours.

Again, is it not possible to feel that there SHOULD be SOME venues and SOME events which are adults only, without being labeled "very mean" or other derogatory names? Children are allowed in most venues during most times of the day. There are also children-only venues where adults are not supposed to be. So why is it so wrong to think that the DL during cocktail hour should remain kid-free?

Although this has been discussed quite a bit around here, especially when the rules changed to allow children in the CL. The first reason for not wanting kids in the CL or DL is the bad behavior. That's why it is relevant to point out that Adults are just as bad!!

As for wanting a non-kid zone in the DL. Don't know if I'm ready to throw my dog in that fight again!!:eek: LOL I could think of a gazillion reasons why they should be allowed in and others will vise versa me!!:) I think I used all my best material a while ago!!!:cool: lol

I'm not sure just because you prefer a cocktail hour to be an adult environment that you are automatically a kid hater but cue up the hyperbole if you must. :rolleyes: Apparently I haven't hung out in either enough to see bad kids or bad adults but I've been there enough to know my kids would have been bored as hell.

The only issue I've seen with children is that one time while in the DL, there were a "group" of about 6 kids with their parents; aged between 6 and 12. The issue came to be that I could not sit down and enjoy a glass of wine or some nibbles because these kids took all of the seating. They were constantly up and down from their chairs grabbing food and cokes while the parents did NOTHING. I had mentioned this to the host and she pretty much did nothing to assist us. Not cool!!! :(

AGREE This is precisisely the reason we don't book suites anymore.

The last two cruises we were on the CONCIERGE lounge was exactly like this description.

Solution from CONCIERGE was was to please take our drinks to go.

Although this has been discussed quite a bit around here, especially when the rules changed to allow children in the CL. The first reason for not wanting kids in the CL or DL is the bad behavior. That's why it is relevant to point out that Adults are just as bad!!

As for wanting a non-kid zone in the DL. Don't know if I'm ready to throw my dog in that fight again!!:eek: LOL I could think of a gazillion reasons why they should be allowed in and others will vise versa me!!:) I think I used all my best material a while ago!!!:cool: lol

Okay, fair enough - we'll agree to disagree on this, and I guess I'm just "mean." But let me ask you an honest question. Is it your feeling that kids should be allowed everywhere all the time aboard ship? Are all us "meanies" just totally wrong to ask/expect that there be a few adult-only venues & events, whether kids are well-behaved or not?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

I apologize, I was not intending for people to turn against each other.

As I had not frequented the CL On an evening, I was not really fully aware of the changes in there and only when discussing with someone who had come across some peoples comments, but couldn't remember where, I thought I would try to find more out on here as I was not entirely sure if the new policy was just CL or DL as well.

So as I read it the policy is new for CL, but some DL's permit at discretion even though they are not supposed to!

Rest assured if I decide to take our DD anywhere it will be to the CL regardless of the ships DL policy until there is a defining across the board directive on what the policy is and is adhered to by everyone.

To me policies are there for a reason and am quite happy to adhere to whatever the policy is. I try to be thoughtful to the enjoyment of those around me as well as myself, and that is why I wanted some feedback.

To all of you that have commented on your experiences and thoughts thank you.

I look forward to hopefully meeting you all in one or other of the lounges at some stage:)

Don't apologize. There are several on this board who like to argue for the sake of arguing.

Not to mention a few who like to pop in on threads they haven't even been participating in, just to accuse folks expressing opinions of "arguing for the sake of arguing." :rolleyes:

Not to mention a few who like to pop in on threads they haven't even been participating in, just to accuse folks expressing opinions of "arguing for the sake of arguing." :rolleyes:

Right on cue....Exhibit "A"

I apologize, I was not intending for people to turn against each other.

No apologies necessary. It's just one of the many hot topics like smoking, smuggling, and tipping that get people riled. Now if you ask about all four, we're gonna' be suspicious. :D

Get off my lawn.

Really? What does not enough seats have to do with the age of the person using the seat?

Personally, I don't see why a kid who is diamond is any less entitled to a free Shirley Temple during cocktail hour than an adult diamond is to a martini.

No apologies necessary. It's just one of the many hot topics like smoking, smuggling, and tipping that get people riled. Now if you ask about all four, we're gonna' be suspicious. :D

You forgot dressing for formal night.

Anything to contribute to the thread topic, or just your typical drive-by stalking/harassment? :rolleyes:

Pot meet kettle.

My opinion on the subject, I would welcome well-behaved people anywhere that I'm at. I don't discriminate based on age.

Okay, fair enough - we'll agree to disagree on this, and I guess I'm just "mean." But let me ask you an honest question. Is it your feeling that kids should be allowed everywhere all the time aboard ship? Are all us "meanies" just totally wrong to ask/expect that there be a few adult-only venues & events, whether kids are well-behaved or not?

Like I said. I'm not going to unleash my dog. Expressed my opinion, and I admit, drove it home way back when :o so we will agree to disagree.

In all reality-kids are now allowed in the CL and the DL seems to have the same rule like bringing water and soda on-it's a rule you can not but some water/soda and kids slip through the cracks!!:p

Again, is it not possible to feel that there SHOULD be SOME venues and SOME events which are adults only, without being labeled "very mean" or other derogatory names?

The main reason is because everyone wants THEIR place to be the one with the free drinks of course. It can be spun other ways, and there will people who will deny it, but the main reason is they want it to be their way (children, or non-children) with the free drinks included.

I agree.

Example-

Love it

You always see posts saying that if the child misbehaves it is the parents job to remove them from the room.

I would love to see the spouse of a misbehaving adult physically remove the offending party and give them a time out *LOL*

Hi all,

Sorry to trouble you all if this has already been answered somewhere but wanted some feedback.

If I am reading correctly minors are now allowed on both lounges on an evening during free drinks provided they are accompanied by an adult.

Whilst my 12 year old is polite and well mannered and I am aware society is changing its views towards children in certain environments, I am also conscientious that both these environments were originally intended for adults only to relax and unwind.

Last year the cruise we were on only had a section roped off in the Viking lounge and we sat the other side of the ropes with her as we did not feel comfortable taking her into the private section. As she is now growing up (quickly!) I was just trying to gage feedback on what other users of these lounges feel is an appropriate age to introduce them to the lounges without having eyebrows raised as we walk in:)

Knowing my DD she will probably be happy off doing her own thing, but wondered how long time cruisers view these changes.

Thanks for you input

I would think 21 is an appropriate Age to begin with.

I'm not sure just because you prefer a cocktail hour to be an adult environment that you are automatically a kid hater but cue up the hyperbole if you must. :rolleyes:

Edit: ...hyperbole and straw man arguments...

I think if the kid are Diamond level or suite guests they should get the same privileges as anyone else regardless of age. That's assuming they are mature enough to be in that environment (parent's discretion). Benefits are benefits.

Tom

This subject gets really heated.

First to the OP –The CL allows children at any time. If that is where you will be enjoying your time, you do not have to feel badly about bringing a child in. She is permitted!

Don’t worry about alcohol, Alcohol is offered (even hawked) at most every venue of the ship and children are present at those venue. Think pool, theater, dining room, private island ( heck they even have a beer truck there). There is really no difference. The CL is not a dark back street bar, but more of a room to meet and speak with others. Many there (sometimes including me) are not even drinking alcohol .

Regarding the posts about the kids having the CL seats, kids have seats at all the venues in which they are permitted (and they are permitted in the CL) – theater, pool, etc. At least for the lounge, folks come and go, so seats will open up.

As for the DL, or any Diamond event roped off area, --I have not had an occasion to travel with minors for many years and do not know the rules.

Enjoy

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Like you, I don't understand the argument about "seats". Didn't the kids (or their adults) pay for the cruise as well? I'd think they would be entitled to all of the benefits that any adult would be entitled.

Tom

Regarding the posts about the kids having the CL seats, kids have seats at all the venues in which they are permitted (and they are permitted in the CL) – theater, pool, etc. At least for the lounge, folks come and go, so seats will open up.

Enjoy

M