In The News Again

janetz

I didn't see it on the news, but I read the story on line. It cracked me up that he wasn't allowed to touch anything! I don't even know why he was there except to speak out and say that the stories were all lies.:rolleyes:

I was hoping that he was there to re-enact his falling off the ship, into a life boat.

You seem to have a low standard for what you consider "news". The pablum many media outlets fill each day with isn't typically worth bothering with.

Yes, I "missed" (i.e. I largely ignored) the media circuses surrounding Zimmerman, Anthony, Simpson, etc. There are typically more impactful things going on in the world.

Maybe if I were a CNN viewer, which I am not.

In fact, the last time I probably watched was that fateful Thursday last February as the Triumph was being towed into post. Such great picures and live video, right down to watching the tow rope break rendering her helpless once again. Now tell me that ship is not cursed.

"Most of the passengers are seeking $5,000 in damages a year from Carnival for the rest of their lives, claiming they will need continuous medical monitoring because of what happened aboard ship."

Really?

I understand that this cruise sucked. I am very glad I was not on it. I do not understand how people think they deserve all this money. No one's life was endangered. No one was severely injured. I don't buy for one second people got PTSD from a bad cruise. (Unless it sank like the Concordia - those people deserve money).

Edited by cherbear4000

Hopefully the Judge sees how ridiculous this lawsuit is and throws it out.

Not how it works. The judge can't throw out lawsuits because they think it is ridiculous. They can be dropped by the plaintiff, settled, or trial.

Personally, DARK would have a whole new meaning for me if I had to endure that for 4 or five long nights.

I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to but the ship was not pitch black at night. Some lights were working.

I understand that this cruise sucked. I am very glad I was not on it. I do not understand how people think they deserve all this money. No one's life was endangered. No one was severely injured. I don't buy for one second people got PTSD from a bad cruise. (Unless it sank like the Concordia - those people deserve money).

Maybe they think PTSD stands for "post TURD stress disorder" or maybe "post TRIUMPH stress disorder"... :eek:

Mike

Not how it works. The judge can't throw out lawsuits because they think it is ridiculous. They can be dropped by the plaintiff, settled, or trial.

Sounds to me like a slef perpetuating system, ambulance chasing pnd scm comes to mind as well. Who are the real winners if this were to happen? The lawyers. Were they on the ship? No