Price for HAL air---call HAL or TA??

LindaM

I know that reps always ask if you have a TA, before answering any questions. I was wondering about AIR. I wanted to compare prices. I know the flights I want, but I was afraid the HAL rep's would tell me to call my TA.

If you booked through a TA then he/she would be the one to get you your quote on the HAL Air portion..

I know that reps always ask if you have a TA, before answering any questions. I was wondering about AIR. I wanted to compare prices. I know the flights I want, but I was afraid the HAL rep's would tell me to call my TA.

Interesting topic. I usually book with HAL and then turn over to TA before final payment date. We leave from Manitoba to Singapore tomorrow morning for a 28 day cruise. I did a lot of research on flights. HAL actually saved us about $1500 for first class air Winnipeg- Singapore and Osaka- Winnipeg over what my TA could get or what I could find online, and we are able to fly our preferred airline.

So it pays to check.

Jim

Interesting topic. I usually book with HAL and then turn over to TA before final payment date. We leave from Manitoba to Singapore tomorrow morning for a 28 day cruise. I did a lot of research on flights. HAL actually saved us about $1500 for first class air Winnipeg- Singapore and Osaka- Winnipeg over what my TA could get or what I could find online, and we are able to fly our preferred airline.

So it pays to check.

Jim

Can you tell me why you transfer before final payment? Just curious on what the advantage is. I have booked direct with HAL and have done so for a few cruises. Is your TA offering an obc? Thanks

Best and simplest way to check airfare is at http://www.kayak.com which shows most all available airfares (Southwest Airlines is an exception) -- then compare to HALs price through your agent. We have never found cheaper air through HAL except when they are having an air savings promotion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Best and simplest way to check airfare is at http://www.kayak.com which shows most all available airfares (Southwest Airlines is an exception) -- then compare to HALs price through your agent. We have never found cheaper air through HAL except when they are having an air savings promotion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I agree it's almost always cheaper to book on your own but once we booked a last minute cruise and then scrambled to find air. The only thing that worked was First Class and in that one instance HAL was cheaper. When we got our air travel sure enough it was First Class. Too bad it was only DC to FLL and not to Europe...

While I rarely book any cruise with a line's cruise consultants I do sometimes call the line before I book. It's just part of my research and planning and one of the questions I routinely ask is what would be the cost of their air. I know, or at least have heard here, that some have done better with cruise line airfare but that hasn't been our experience. While not HAL the cruise line airfare for our next cruise was 30% more through the cruise line than we could book ourselves.

So it pays to check.

Jim

We have found that for international air from Canada HAL air is almost always a lot cheaper.

You have a super cruise. Have a great time!

Why not have your TA do the price comparison? Ours does.

We have never found cheaper air through HAL except when they are having an air savings promotion.

We have always found HAL air to be cheaper on one-way or open jaw flights. For our upcoming T-A the best price I could find was around $1900 pp with terrible connections. HAL air cost $902 pp withe excellent connections.

The main reason we don't use HAL air -- and this goes for all cruise lines -- unless you pay for the air deviation -- they book you the worst flights.
You can stop worrying about that for HAL. Since the introduction of the FlightEase program last June "deviations" are a thing of the past.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/FlightEase

Can you tell me why you transfer before final payment? Just curious on what the advantage is. I have booked direct with HAL and have done so for a few cruises. Is your TA offering an obc? Thanks

Actually let the TA know we are booked and ask what additional amenities are available if we release the booking to them. Often get additional price discounts, OBC, wine, PG dinners and internet. Depending on the value of the cruise

We are flying from Brisbane, Australia to Rome, Italy and return for our Venetian Adventure in September. The HAL airfare price is approx AU$600 more per person. Our T/A found flights for the same amount that I udid on the net. With the HAL option you can spread the payments out until the final payment date. T/A or net purchase requires immediate payment even though it is 6 months out. Go figure.

Sent from my tablet thingy!

Actually let the TA know we are booked and ask what additional amenities are available if we release the booking to them. Often get additional price discounts, OBC, wine, PG dinners and internet. Depending on the value of the cruise

YES, I usually can get an additional discount equal to (around) 10% of the commission-able part of the total cruise cost on HAL cruise. For some other cruise line's bookings may be the same amount in OBC.