Mickey Mouse Operation

Greengo

I am a grandfather who is trying to arrange for transportation for my family from the Hyatt International Airport to catch the Disney Fantasy's sailing on August 2, 2014. We already have reservations for the cruise.

We are a party of 14 (8 adults and 6 kids, ages: 10, 7,6, and 3 three year olds.) I was told that Disney provides a bus to and from the hotel. I called Disney and they said to call my travel agent. My travel agent said to call the hotel. The Hyatt's 1-800 number said they don't provide that service. I called the hotel directly and was told that I needed to call Disney. I called Disney and was told to call my travel agent again. I called the travel agent and she said that for the most economical transportation, I should call the Concierge at the hotel. I called the Concierge and was told that the round trip or our group would be $744 plus tax. Is that reasonable?

Surely someone else has done this successfully before.

I would appreciate any information.

Yes, DCL offers transfers from MCO (and the Hyatt) to the terminal. Assuming you booked the cruise through a travel agent, your TA should be able to coordinate with DCL to book the transfers. I have no idea why your TA would tell you to contact the hotel (unless they think you could do it cheaper independently?)

I am a grandfather who is trying to arrange for transportation for my family from the Hyatt International Airport to catch the Disney Fantasy's sailing on August 2, 2014. We already have reservations for the cruise.

We are a party of 14 (8 adults and 6 kids, ages: 10, 7,6, and 3 three year olds.) I was told that Disney provides a bus to and from the hotel. I called Disney and they said to call my travel agent. My travel agent said to call the hotel. The Hyatt's 1-800 number said they don't provide that service. I called the hotel directly and was told that I needed to call Disney. I called Disney and was told to call my travel agent again. I called the travel agent and she said that for the most economical transportation, I should call the Concierge at the hotel. I called the Concierge and was told that the round trip or our group would be $744 plus tax. Is that reasonable?

There is Disney transportation available from the airport, DCL operates this. It is arranged through DCL. The airport hotel has no connection with this, except the baggage transfer service they offer to the DCL bus. Since you used a Travel Agent to book your cruise, the TA must add the transfers by contacting DCL. The cost for this is $35.00 per person one way from airport to port.

With the large number of travelers that you have, I'd suggest private transfers would most likely be more economical. There are several companies in the Orlando area that handle this. Among them are Happy Limo, Noris Limosine Service, FL Tours, Tiffany Limo. There are others, your TA should be able to help you find one.

OK, first of all, DCL does provide a bus, BUT it will cost you $35 per person age 3 and up. Um, you can do A LOT better price wise. But if you wish, you book the bus (DCL transfers) thru your travel agent if you used one to book your cruise tickets.

The DCL transfers are big on convenience. Since you are staying at the Hyatt MCO, you would leave your luggage in your hotel room with the appropriate DCL tags on each piece and would next see the luggage outside your cabin door on the ship.

OK...what I'd do.....Call one of the major towncar/limo services. Suggestions--FL Tours, Happy Limo, Southern Elegance, Tiffany limo. They all have large vehicles and will send either a second vehicle or a trailer for your luggage. They are used to dealing with groups. What you'll need to know to book is number of people, rough estimate of number of suitcases/carry on bags, and any car seats you'll need. When we booked a large group, the cost amounted to $19 per person. You pay for the vehicle, not on a per person basis. Do look at your agreement with the limo/towncar company and print it out if it includes a tip for the driver. The drivers have a tendency to insist that tip is NOT included and hit you up for another 2-%; thus it is a good idea to have something to show them that says "tip included" if it is. Of course you'll need to add a tip to the porter at the terminal and you'll either have to bring your luggage to the hotel car entrance OR tip the bellman to bring it or you.

I'm happy to answer other questions if you have them......

Edited by moki'smommy

I'd say you need a new travel agent! But that's my opinion. Both of the travel agents I worked with always included transfer in their quote.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree with the need for a new travel agent....but I would expect the transfers to be offered as an "add on," rather than priced in the original quote. Same for travel insurance. I would like it to be a "we can add this for $X if you wish.

But then, there is a reason that I use a full service agency--note the word "service!"

Thanks for all of the information. The two suggestions that I get another TA should keep in mind that my TA recommended going through the hotel for the sake of economy. By doing so, she saved me over $1,000.

Thanks for all of the information. The two suggestions that I get another TA should keep in mind that my TA recommended going through the hotel for the sake of economy. By doing so, she saved me over $1,000.

OK, I'm curious. How did the hotel save you $1000? DCL transfers would be 14 X $70 round trip. That's $980 and includes all tips. I would consider the absolute max figure you would pay and I know that I could significantly reduce it from there.

So what did you end up doing and how much did it cost? I'm not being a pain, I'm trying to learn something new.

Sorry, I understand how you would be confused with the information I gave you.We ended up saving $1,123 to be exact. The saving was the difference between what the transportation to the Port Canaveral area hotel and the lower cost of rooms outside the Orland area.

Sorry, I understand how you would be confused with the information I gave you.We ended up saving $1,123 to be exact. The saving was the difference between what the transportation to the Port Canaveral area hotel and the lower cost of rooms outside the Orland area.

Ok, that makes sense...we usually find hotels in the MCO area to be less costly than in the Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area. And private transportation is always cheaper than DCL transfers for groups of more than 4. Glad you got something you are happy with!

Edited by moki'smommy

We are booked on the cruise b/4 you July 26th 2014 we are a total 07 and have booked with Mears Destination Service inc. (Phone # 1-407-843-2404) Recommended through our TA they are to pick us up @ the Hotel the day of the cruise with a 12 passenger van and take us to the ship and pick us up at the ship when we return and take us to the airport Total Price with Tip $440.00

STUR DAYTON,OHIO

Greengo, I have stayed at the Hyatt inside the airport. Your travel agent can book the Disney bus. You will have to go back to baggage claim to catch the bus, which is very easy. Or you can hire a limo/ shuttle service which will pick u up in the basement parking of hotel. We used private service for our family of 10. They brought a big van with a trailer in the back for all the bags. We even had driver stop at target store on the way to the port. I believe our round trip price was $460.