Who else wishes there was a filter for the word "Divina"...

MotownVoice

...so that when you logged in to Cruise Chat you could see everything people are talking about ... except those threads relating to Divina?

Divina should have its own section for goddsake.

You might say this could apply to all "cruise line" forums. If you aren't looking for anything "Divina" then you don't have to click on any of those lines with "Divina" in the title.

I think there are so many postings for her cause she is so new to the North American market and cruisers want to know everything about her.

Without the "search" feature working on CC, it sure makes it hard to find postings/info without scrolling through thousands of postings.

One of the sources of irritation is that the questions are often not Divina-specific at all but relate to MSC, MSC in the Caribbean, Yacht Club, the Fantasia class etc., etc. but people lazily post on "Divina" without taking a moment to think or see if the point has already been discussed and comprehensively answered, which most usually have been, in other posts.

This behaviour is discourteous to other users of the MSC forum and ultimately counter-productive as 1) it excludes interest from others who may be far more qualified to answer and 2) it clogs up the forum with repetitive, poorly-phrased posts to the exclusion of other discussions that are knocked off the first page and become unread by many.

Over there, over there, send the word, send the word over there, that the yanks are coming, the yanks are coming, the drums rum-tumming everywhere. So prepare, say a prayer, send the word, send the word to beware- we'll be over, we're coming over, and we won't be back till it's over, over there.

Divina - anything else is only MSC!

Being she sails out of the U.S. and she is brand new there has been tons of excitement about her....that being said, I do think there needs to be a Divina tab or even a MSC Europe tab and MSC Americas tab.

Sort of a,

“One, if by land, and two, if by sea”

...so that when you logged in to Cruise Chat you could see everything people are talking about ... except those threads relating to Divina?

Divina should have its own section for goddsake.

This is too funny! I am only interested in the ship am sailing on next! :D

Being she sails out of the U.S. and she is brand new there has been tons of excitement about her....that being said, I do think there needs to be a Divina tab or even a MSC Europe tab and MSC Americas tab.

The Divina is not "brand new". She is not even MSC's newest cruise ship - the Preziosa is one year younger. Construction began in 2010 and she entered service in the Mediterranean in May 2012. She worked two whole Summer seasons and the intervening Winter in the Med before being redeployed to Miami last November. It is just that there was little U.S. interest in her before she was moved to the States.

So, from the MSC forum, it easy to have the impression that the Divina was new last November. However, she would have carried in the region of 200,000 guests before the recent rush of U.S. interest in her. I don't see a corresponding interest in the Preziosa despite being newer and it being possible to fly anywhere in the World, nor in MSC's new builds, one of which will replace the Divina.

Should I only be interested in a ship if she sails from my back yard? This Divina-love is all a bit parochial for comfort.

Edited by Skipper Tim

The Divina is not "brand new".....Should I only be interested in a ship if she sails from my back yard? This Divina-love is all a bit parochial for comfort.

Well, with all due respect, many of us cannot afford the air fare to exotic ports around the world, and a Miami sailing in the Carib is actually quite desireable, not only to north(and south) americans. So be it, we are excited about MSC's newest ship in Miami. Perhaps we should suggest a "Miami Sailings" sticky?

Edited by neptuno

I'd love the Divina to have its own tab.

I get it that North Americans are the majority on this international forum and that of those most will be interested in a cruise out of the US. What really bugs me is the amount of duplicate and triplicate etc threads on the very same subject. Yes I get it, the search is not working. Can't folk at least look at what's appearing on the first page before they post a new thread. This week we saw 2 on Divina tipping within a day of each other. That did not need a search function, the first would have been clearly visible when the second poster clicked on new thread.

Amo ... Many of the things being asked about as you are aware are on the MSC website, it is just that people are too lazy to look for them but are prepared to spend hours researching about the ship as some have claimed on the related threads.

Even with the search facility working there were double and treble threads on the same questions!

Edited by sidari

It sounds like some of our Euro members need a hug.

All this search functions and looking before you post, and "proper" forum etiqutte might be fine for the salons of Europe but its not the way we do things overhere. :cool:

As far as triplicate...we always do things in triplicate, one for you, one for us, and one we destroy so the Russians can't get it. ;)

I imagine MSC is thrilled in some small way that its ship and company is getting so much action on this board now, from the largest cruise market in the world. I mean seriously how much action did this forum really get before Divina?

Its a post Divina world, its time to embrace it.

How about

'Cruise Critic Europe',

'Cruise Critic North America',

'Cruise Critic Asia',

'Cruise Critic South America'

'Cruise Critic Repositioning'

Now I appreciate the wisdom of our European cruiser friends who's experience on MSC has been a bonus to a new ship to us in America, but to be honest, most of what you've said could be directed back at you by most American cruisers, 'who cares about European/Asia cruises'! (all those 'meaningless threads on European cruises:mad:)

Its also interesting our European cruisers are calling others lazy, discourteous, etc. when they exhibit this same behavior in this review!:confused:

So instead of criticizing/demeaning our European cruisers as they are doing to us with this juvinile name calling, lets call it a truce, and ignore others who have different interests then you have!:D

North American here that is sad no one talks about Europe sailings :( We are going on the Armonia out of Venice in May...not even sure why I hang out here except on the off chance the Divina won't be the only topic! I'm used to being able to obsess about my cruise on these boards :) First world problems...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love the Divina to have its own tab.

I get it that North Americans are the majority on this international forum and that of those most will be interested in a cruise out of the US. What really bugs me is the amount of duplicate and triplicate etc threads on the very same subject. Yes I get it, the search is not working. Can't folk at least look at what's appearing on the first page before they post a new thread. This week we saw 2 on Divina tipping within a day of each other. That did not need a search function, the first would have been clearly visible when the second poster clicked on new thread.

Yes, it's a bit frustrating without a search function. Does anyone know what happened to the search function? Cruise Critic? Please help.

Yes, it's a bit frustrating without a search function. Does anyone know what happened to the search function? Cruise Critic? Please help.

To be honest none of the several boards I visit does the search function really get used. Often people start there but many don't. Brings up scattered and ancient history way to often. Does not answer specific questions, and is often to slow or not timely. Not everyone can waste time perusing through pages of threads. Could be lazy, could be to busy.

C'est l'internet!

Who cares what the ship did 4 years ago :confused: better a responder with recent experience.

It bothers some people who feel Etiquette and Protocol are not being followed. However, I have never read or seen or heard of the Emily Post Etiquette guide for the rules of civilized internet message board behavior.

Of course it does not help if the search function is not working as that clearly will dictate where questions go to get answered. ;)

North American here that is sad no one talks about Europe sailings :( We are going on the Armonia out of Venice in May...not even sure why I hang out here except on the off chance the Divina won't be the only topic! I'm used to being able to obsess about my cruise on these boards :) First world problems...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am also on the Armonia in May and you are right the rollcall barely exists.

I was on the Preziosa last October and same thing. However once on board met a lot of English speaking guests. They don't have M&G in Europe but do see that they are doing that on the Divina.

The search function is a great tool but has been missing in action for a while. Seems they are working on it.

Amo ... Many of the things being asked about as you are aware are on the MSC website, it is just that people are too lazy to look for them but are prepared to spend hours researching about the ship as some have claimed on the related threads.

Even with the search facility working there were double and treble threads on the same questions!

I can cope with all of the above.

However what bugs me are people who ask their questions repeatedly that have been already answered on a roll call.

I can have a short fuse and now respond to repeated questions by referring to post x. BTW they were European MSC Black Card holders.

When I have posted a reply to an American they without exception have thanked me. Some have even been known to buy me a drink or two :)

Annie

Edited by anniegb

Well some roll calls can be quite lengthy and if its over 50 pages, not that uncommon, my last roll call was 100 pages long. Certainly not going to read all of the posts for page after page to find out if a specific question has been answered.

Some people need to try zen or yoga or something to not bugged by a question asked more than once. Definately don't be a teacher for a career.