Princess & Singapore Hotel.

bingo queen

Regardless of location, Singapore is pretty easy to get around, the taxi drivers are great and most speak decent English.

If you are looking for an evening activity, you might want to check out the Night Safari by the zoo, which features nocturnal animals (and as of 2010 or so had a surprisingly good buffet! - Singapore takes their food very seriously)

Hi,

Does any one know which hotel in Singapore is usually used by Princess for a one night pre-cruise stay.

I would like to be able to know location so I can plan my time there.

Thanks,

Anne.

Regardless of location, Singapore is pretty easy to get around, the taxi drivers are great and most speak decent English.

If you are looking for an evening activity, you might want to check out the Night Safari by the zoo, which features nocturnal animals (and as of 2010 or so had a surprisingly good buffet! - Singapore takes their food very seriously)

We did the night Safari in 2012, but without food.

I was there on a business trip and had a down day so hit the day zoo, then walked over to the night zoo and had dinner before they opened. Excellent meal!

Did they still have the fire dancers and trained animals when you were there?

We did the night Safari in 2012, but without food.

I was there on a business trip and had a down day so hit the day zoo, then walked over to the night zoo and had dinner before they opened. Excellent meal!

Did they still have the fire dancers and trained animals when you were there?

Fire dancers; yes. Trained animals?

Check out the below link from the Princess Cruise Web Site Listing of Singapore Hotels. List is valid November 2014 through March 2015.

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-destinations/asia-cruises/extend/stay/singapore.html

Of the three hotels mentioned there, I'd recommend Marina Bay Sands mainly for the location. It's on top of a huge mall, with an amazing swimming pool up on the roof. The mall links to the MRT train system so easy to get around. Hubby has stayed there and he says the hotel is quite reasonable.

I've stayed at the Shangri La and it is a lovely hotel, however it is a long walk from the nearest MRT station so not so easy to get around. Be warned, getting a taxi back to your hotel at certain times of the day, and especially in the evenings, can be difficult. Most nights when I stayed there I ended up having to walk back uphill to the hotel.

The third hotel appears to be close to Chinatown, with good MRT access.

Of the three hotels mentioned there, I'd recommend Marina Bay Sands mainly for the location. It's on top of a huge mall, with an amazing swimming pool up on the roof. The mall links to the MRT train system so easy to get around. Hubby has stayed there and he says the hotel is quite reasonable.

I've stayed at the Shangri La and it is a lovely hotel, however it is a long walk from the nearest MRT station so not so easy to get around. Be warned, getting a taxi back to your hotel at certain times of the day, and especially in the evenings, can be difficult. Most nights when I stayed there I ended up having to walk back uphill to the hotel.

The third hotel appears to be close to Chinatown, with good MRT access.

I notice Princess has changed their hotel venue. Yes, I agree, choose Marina Sands.

Also, not sure if you are round tripping, but if you are, post-cruise I can strongly recommend the Crowne Plaza at Changi airport. Beautiful place and convenient if you have to fly out because its connected to the main terminal.

Just back from Singapore...agree Marina Bay Sands (MBS) is awesome, a destination in itself, but $$$$$.... Even with a deal. My passion fruit mojito on the roof bar was $23... Yikes..but the view is incredible and free to up to the bar even if you aren't staying there....

We stayed two nights precruise at the Swisshotel next to Clarke Quay...beautiful hotel, reasonable rates, close to metro and Chinatown...we really enjoyed it and got a free upgrade..so we were delighted. There are two swisshotels in Singapore, so check the location if you decide on that one....

Enjoy...great city...loved the hoho bus...great overview and included a river ride by the MBS and Merlion.

Just back from Singapore...agree Marina Bay Sands (MBS) is awesome, a destination in itself, but $$$$$.... Even with a deal. My passion fruit mojito on the roof bar was $23... Yikes..but the view is incredible and free to up to the bar even if you aren't staying there....

We stayed two nights precruise at the Swisshotel next to Clarke Quay...beautiful hotel, reasonable rates, close to metro and Chinatown...we really enjoyed it and got a free upgrade..so we were delighted. There are two swisshotels in Singapore, so check the location if you decide on that one....

Enjoy...great city...loved the hoho bus...great overview and included a river ride by the MBS and Merlion.

We have stayed there and I put it in line with the Pan Pacific.

Depends on your definition of "reasonable."

Princess rate for two people is $598 for the first night and $438 for additional nights.