Advice please on how to book

Nightowl11

Right now, we are booked in a vista suite and the balcony cabin next door. I am booked with my 13 year old and my sister is booked with my 16 year old. From what I am understanding, my sister would not be able to benefit from the suite amenities, such as the thermal suites, the breakfasts at Sabatini's, embarkation, debarkation, etc. as her name is not on the suite booking. My 13 year is not allowed in the thermal suites nor would he even care about the other stuff. I called Princess and asked if my kids can be booked in the balcony while my sister and I can be booked in the suite and they said yes.

So what are the other benefits of switching the bookings?

What is not good with switching the bookings?

Would you personally switch them to reflect the two adults in the suite with the teens in the balcony?

Thank you.

Right now, we are booked in a vista suite and the balcony cabin next door. I am booked with my 13 year old and my sister is booked with my 16 year old. From what I am understanding, my sister would not be able to benefit from the suite amenities, such as the thermal suites, the breakfasts at Sabatini's, embarkation, debarkation, etc. as her name is not on the suite booking. My 13 year is not allowed in the thermal suites nor would he even care about the other stuff. I called Princess and asked if my kids can be booked in the balcony while my sister and I can be booked in the suite and they said yes.

So what are the other benefits of switching the bookings?

What is not good with switching the bookings?

Would you personally switch them to reflect the two adults in the suite with the teens in the balcony?

Thank you.

If Princess allows the kids to be booked by themselves, absolutely go for it. The kids won't care for breakfast in Sabatini's, but you adults will love it. There is nothing "NO GOOD" about switching the bookings.

Actually, I think the Princess rep you talked to is wrong. There must be an 18 year old booked with any younger children... You can switch afterwards but your sister still would have to remain formally on that booking. So. No. No benefits for your sister.

No... there must be a 16 year old booked with younger children as long as all the bookings are cross-referenced...

Actually, I think the Princess rep you talked to is wrong. There must be an 18 year old booked with any younger children... You can switch afterwards but your sister still would have to remain formally on that booking. So. No. No benefits for your sister.

I think if the mom is next door, the 2 kids can be in their own cabin at their ages.

I would re-arrange the booking so that your sister gets the benefits.

I think if the mom is next door, the 2 kids can be in their own cabin at their ages.

I would re-arrange the booking so that your sister gets the benefits.

I agree. Otherwise, the bottom line is that the sister would not be eligible for any suite benefits.

Thank you.

I think the only downfall would be that my 13 year old would not get the double credit in the Captain's Circle for being in the suite even though I am still going to pay for it. I guess that is only fair to my 16 year old so that they earn the same credits and both of them have many, many years ahead of them to cruise.

Any other pros or cons that I should know about before switching the bookings?

Thank you.

I think the only downfall would be that my 13 year old would not get the double credit in the Captain's Circle for being in the suite even though I am still going to pay for it. I guess that is only fair to my 16 year old so that they earn the same credits and both of them have many, many years ahead of them to cruise.

Any other pros or cons that I should know about before switching the bookings?

I wouldn't worry about a 13 and 16 year old getting credits. The only person that matters at this point is the one who will reap the benefits. And that, is your sister.

If you are under 18 you don't get credit, as per princess website, "Children under 18 years old are not eligible for membership into the Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle. Children will accrue a cruise history and will be properly recognized beginning with their 1st cruise after turning 18. Children under 18 are not eligible to receive the Circle benefits."