Best Beach Front Ft Lauderdale Hotel near port

bugtyler

Looking to book a hotel on the beach front in Ft Lauderdale precruise..dont want to spend a mint but want atleast clean..I do realize prices will be higher than 17th street..any hidden gems along the beach...

Looking to book a hotel on the beach front in Ft Lauderdale precruise..dont want to spend a mint but want atleast clean..I do realize prices will be higher than 17th street..any hidden gems along the beach...

What do you consider "a mint?" What is the date?

And there is no such thing as a hidden gem on Ft Lauderdale Beach.

Someone may correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the only hotel that is truly on the beach in FLL is the Marriot Harbor beach resort. The others are all across the street.

There's the Sheraton Ft Lauderdale Beach and next to it is the Best Western Plus Oceanside.

We stayed at the westin beach... got a great price off priceline. There's a bridge that connects the pool to the beach, great pool, great beach, restaurants and shops a stones throw away and it was an inexpensive, quick cab ride to port.

The Lago Mar Resort is on the beach. I'm not sure what your idea of a "mint" is or when you're staying, but we got a good deal for May. It's also just a stone's throw from the canal entrance where you can watch cruise ships leave and enter the port.

It would REALLY help if you gave us a date and what your budget would allow.

A popular moderate hotel across the street from the beach (with walkway bridge over road) is the Doubletree Bahia Mar. If budget allows,try for the tower rooms which are ocean/partial ocean views. The cheaper bldg stands next to the main tower bldg and can give you a marina view or parking lot.

We did not like the Sheraton. Too chopped up with various bldgs. You really need to know that property as far as where rooms are located.

If you go north to the Westin area, the rates will be higher.

Lago Mar is pretty and really a self contained resort. If you want to walk around the city or water taxi around, I wouldn't stay there.

The rates on beach hotels run the gamut depending on exact date needed. Too you need to shop all the discount sites to find the best deal.

Edited by eandj

Just had a two night stay at the Marriott Courtyard. It's right across the A1A from the beach, like most of the hotels are. Decent location. Plenty of things around. Hotel is OK. I was on a points stay and was upgraded to a high floor with an ocean front room. That was really nice view. There is a big pool deck there up one level (basically, on top of the roof of Bubba Gump Shrimp). Rooms were fine. Elevators having issues (I think only two of three were in service). Lobby was a madhouse at 11:00 AM checkout time with people getting shuttles and cabs to cruise port and whatnot. But it seemed to move smoothly. Plenty of staff on had to help move things along. We got our car out of valet without much delay.

Edited by jsmeeker

Someone may correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the only hotel that is truly on the beach in FLL is the Marriot Harbor beach resort. The others are all across the street.

Pelican Beach Resort

Sheraton Beach

Marriott Harbor Beach

and Lago Mar

are all directly on the beach.

Date is July 4th one night pre-cruise...so alot of hotels have three night minimum such as embassy suites, renaissance largo mar...would like to stay around 170 to 200 max with taxes....currently have Hyatt place thru valuetrip,thanks to this board, but kids where wanting to be closer to beach....

Thinking about B Ocean for a 2 day pre cruise stay. A group of 20 people. Rates on discount sites are good. Rates from the hotel are ridiculous.

Also thinking about Lago Mar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The Lago Mar is definitely one of our top picks in Fort Lauderdale. A 10 out of 10 for my entire family. Wonderful staff all the way around. I posted a review on here of the hotel. I believe it was titled "Lago Mar/Fort Lauderdale a 10 out of 10" if you would like to search and read it. There were some photos also.

Although its not directly on the beach, Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort ties very close with LM for me. It's absolutely a gorgeous hotel. The rooms are quite big and nice (the suites I should say). The pool overlooks the ocean and it's very very nice. There are many great restaurants within walking distance and it's right on the strip. The staff there are phenomenal as well.

Edited by Esmerelda

Thanks for all the help...last night I spend sometime looking at rates: while looking: orbitz popped up Mariott Beach Resort for $60.00 for July 4th one night for partial oceanview room ...I went to the Marriott website and sure enough it came up $60.00 for the night, so I booked direct thru the Marriott Website, I thought this was very cheap considering the other rooms listed where 279 and above, I received email confirmation, I went on tonight to check reservation and it was good, but rooms are now showing for 329.00 cheapest for that night, do you think Marriott will give me any trouble with my reservation, should I call and confirm rate, because I certainly can not afford the 329 rate, any thoughts would be appreciated...........

Thanks for all the help...last night I spend sometime looking at rates: while looking: orbitz popped up Mariott Beach Resort for $60.00 for July 4th one night for partial oceanview room ...I went to the Marriott website and sure enough it came up $60.00 for the night, so I booked direct thru the Marriott Website, I thought this was very cheap considering the other rooms listed where 279 and above, I received email confirmation, I went on tonight to check reservation and it was good, but rooms are now showing for 329.00 cheapest for that night, do you think Marriott will give me any trouble with my reservation, should I call and confirm rate, because I certainly can not afford the 329 rate, any thoughts would be appreciated...........

Wow! I've never seen such a price there! Yes it could be an error, but they should honor it if you have an emailed confirmation.

I got this same rate for July 3rd and 4th, and have the confirmation, so the Marriott has to honor it.

Again, no Marriott does not have to honor the rate.

Your rate is for a reservation, not a room and there are a long list of conditions listed in the small print. When you show up and they are charging you $400 per night, don't be surprised and you have no recourse.

I got this same rate for July 3rd and 4th, and have the confirmation, so the Marriott has to honor it.

Unless you PREPAID the room, I personally would call ahead or send off an email. Better than getting into it at the desk. This happens occasionally on airline sites and they will honor the rates. But in your case without prepaying, not sure if they indeed obligated to honor what was obviously an error. But..Since it's a large corp. I'd guess they will.

Edited by eandj

We stayed at the westin beach... got a great price off priceline. There's a bridge that connects the pool to the beach, great pool, great beach, restaurants and shops a stones throw away and it was an inexpensive, quick cab ride to port.

I second that when are you going

We stayed at Westin Hotel. I got it through priceline. I signed up for a 4 or 5

star hotel. I wanted a safe , clean, near the water at a reasonable price.

Yes, you have to go over a walk bridge to the beach but there is no hotel

in front of it. And we walked to the drug store 3 times before we left.

Lots of places to eat and shop. Would go there again in a heart beat.