Greek yogurt availability

roohound

I will be sailing on the Connie in under a week (yay!) and was wondering if Greek yogurt is available in the buffet, MDR or Blu at breakfast (yes, we're in an AQ cabin) or, in the case of the buffet, any other time. I've seen menus that list yogurt but not specifically Greek yogurt.

Thanks in advance!

I will be sailing on the Connie in under a week (yay!) and was wondering if Greek yogurt is available in the buffet, MDR or Blu at breakfast (yes, we're in an AQ cabin) or, in the case of the buffet, any other time. I've seen menus that list yogurt but not specifically Greek yogurt.

Thanks in advance!

I have only seen natural and some flavoured. Fingers crossed!

Never seen Greek Yogurt on the ship. Usually they only have regular packaged yogurt with fruit which has sugar. Occasionally they'll have plain, unsweetened, yogurt.

Edited by Lsimon

I'm pretty sure the yogurt in the parfaits they do in the aqua caffe (inside pool) is Greek yogurt. I think they are $5 but they are free with the premium drink package for sure. That was on the summit but should be the same on Constellation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info! I do have the premium drink package so hopefully that has me covered :) I usually start the day with a protein drink but I refuse to pack my drinks and blender on a cruise! I figure Greek yogurt will help me kick the day off right :)

I would take a quality source of probiotics, especially if it contains 10 billion+ cultures. If you are female, one with gasseri is fantastic due to all the eating on a cruise. Ultimate Flora rte is excellent! No refrigeration is required either, but I keep them cool anyway! Celebrity's yogurt is not healthy and most of the probiotics are so diluted that is doesn't help that much...

I just sailed CENTURY and they definitely had Greek Yogart in the

Aqua Spa Cafe. It was the yogart parfaits (extra charge as mentioned).

I shared one with a friend and I have to tell you.....it was DELICIOUS:D

I take separate probiotics - it's the protein I'm after. Even though it's vacation I am trying to try to eat moderately healthfully. I have found if I have a decent protein boost in the mornings my appetite is much more in check the rest of the day. If I munch on simple carbs (sigh, I'm looking at you pan au chocolat) I am ready to eat again just a few hours. I'm sitting on a 41 pound weight loss and am still working on keeping up the good fight :). I really do appreciate everyone's input.

Is the parfait at the Aqua Spa Cafe definitely covered under the premium drink plan? Or is it one of these things that some ships will say it's covered, others will say it's not?

I take separate probiotics - it's the protein I'm after. Even though it's vacation I am trying to try to eat moderately healthfully. I have found if I have a decent protein boost in the mornings my appetite is much more in check the rest of the day. If I munch on simple carbs (sigh, I'm looking at you pan au chocolat) I am ready to eat again just a few hours. I'm sitting on a 41 pound weight loss and am still working on keeping up the good fight :). I really do appreciate everyone's input.

Is the parfait at the Aqua Spa Cafe definitely covered under the premium drink plan? Or is it one of these things that some ships will say it's covered, others will say it's not?

I think it depends on the ship. I was on the Equinox and December and was told it was a $5 fee (we each had a premium package).

As you are in Aqua Class you could try the parfait in Blu. It is served as part of the "Blu Parfait". It is made with "low fat yogurt" and I am sure that they will be able to tell you if is Greek yogurt. They will certaily serve you the components of the "Blu Parfait" separately if you ask.

Since Celebrity was founded by a Greek, and is usually comprised of a lot of Greek crew, Greek Salad and Greek yogurt are just called Salad and Yogurt while on board. :) Those of you who have seen the Liars Club will get this.

Edited by kampinguru

On Reflection we had greek yougurt with berries, seeds, pomegrante,etc They had a whole bunch of ingredients and asked what we wanted to add. Cost $5 I guess and was incl with the premium pkg. Had a smoothie but didn't like the one and only one we tried so plan to try others next time.

As you are in Aqua Class you could try the parfait in Blu. It is served as part of the "Blu Parfait". It is made with "low fat yogurt" and I am sure that they will be able to tell you if is Greek yogurt. They will certaily serve you the components of the "Blu Parfait" separately if you ask.

Barb

I just sailed CENTURY and they definitely had Greek Yogart in the

Aqua Spa Cafe. It was the yogart parfaits (extra charge as mentioned).

I shared one with a friend and I have to tell you.....it was DELICIOUS:D

Hi Lois:

The Greek Yogurt used in the parfaits in the Aqua Spa Café on Century was Oikos Greek Non-fat Yogurt. I asked to see the container and the charming Jon brought it out to me so that I could read the nutritional analysis. It was definitely non-fat, and the parfaits are SO good, you would never know. I am lactose intolerant but some things hit me worse than others...the Oikos yogurt gave me almost no problems, which was great news for me. I was so happy to find it in our local grocery store when I got home.

If you go to the Oikos Yogurt website, they will tell you that their Greek Yogurt has twice the protein, and 33% less lactose than their regular yogurt.

http://www.oikosyogurt.com/what-is-greek-yogurt/

For a full nutritional analysis, see the website below. Click on the "See More" button to get the complete analysis:

http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-dannon-oikos-yogurt-i283020

And yes, for those asking, the parfaits and sundaes in the Aqua Spa Café were normally $5.00 each, but they were covered under the Premium Alcohol Beverage Package.

Edited by elena7seas