Best Le Bistro for Ambiance & Intimate Dinner for Two?

CarlsDad

This is a very focused and subject specific thread. We really don't expect a lot of input or replies...However...we enjoy Le Bistro and have dined there on many occasions (at least 13) on both the Dawn and Jewel. The Dawns venue is a little cramped (almost an afterthought?) while the Jewel's was (to us) less "shoehorned" and more relaxing. That said, these are the only ships we've experienced. Where are the "Best" Le Bistros...and why?

This is a very focused and subject specific thread. We really don't expect a lot of input or replies...However...we enjoy Le Bistro and have dined there on many occasions (at least 13) on both the Dawn and Jewel. The Dawns venue is a little cramped (almost an afterthought?) while the Jewel's was (to us) less "shoehorned" and more relaxing. That said, these are the only ships we've experienced. Where are the "Best" Le Bistros...and why?

I would vote for the Sky or Sun.

Pride of America is very large and has a step up set of large booths all the way around. What I like about these is with the high backs and the step up you know that your not being watched so much as to being out in the open.

As for overall dining we eat in specialty restaurants on the entire cruise and we eat at Bistro at least 3 to 4 times, granted two are Platinum

I have only eaten on Epic and it was a nice restaurant but extremely LOUD. It is not far from the atrium and someone always has a microphone and some function going on. The restaurant is also right below Cirque Dreams which makes lots of noise. I thought we were below the bowling alley but the waitress said it was the Cirque Dreams show. It sounded like bowling balls dropping and rolling. They also cramp lots of tables since it is not the largest. We had a nice meal but lots of distractions with noise and not intimate at all. While I have never eaten at Le Bistro on the Sky, I have been inside and I really liked it. I think the Sky would be much more quiet and intimate too.

Edited by david_sobe

I liked the one on the Jewel and the Gem (identical) for the same reasons as you....they were less cramped.

My least favorite Le Bistro is on Breakaway. The decor is not as romantic and intimate as on other ships. The tables are all super close together and it feels like it could be any other restaurant -- no special feeling inside whatsoever. Personally, I like Le Bistro on Jewel the best.

Favorite foods there include the escargots, cornets, filet and chocolate fondu.

Tracy

Hi op, I have a question since I've never been on a ncl ship can you please offer your favorite items at Le Bistro..I plan to eat here on my upcoming cruise..Thank you!

first of all, if you like escargot, they make the best, same with the mushroom soup. I haven't had a bad entre, but my steak on the Sun a few months ago wasn't as good as days past. Hubby loves the lamb.

Hi op, I have a question since I've never been on a ncl ship can you please offer your favorite items at Le Bistro..I plan to eat here on my upcoming cruise..Thank you!

Sure!

My master plan was to work my way through the menu. Everything was going smoothly until I discovered the Roasted Rack of Lamb (Carre D' Agneau Rotis). Wheels fell off the bus at that point. I do plan to finish the menu, however the Lamb is an evil distraction. Favorite appetizers are the Escargots, Steamed Mussels and the Salade Gourmande (with a little extra vinaigrette on the side). My wife LOVES the Asparagus and the Onion Soup. Her favorite dish(es) are the Tenderloin & the Salmon Filet. Our last cruise I tried the Fruits De Mer & the Butter Roasted Lobster tail together...it was Great!) Next on the "bucket list" is the 32oz Ribeye. Wish me luck :)

Edited by CarlsDad

first of all, if you like escargot, they make the best, same with the mushroom soup. I haven't had a bad entre, but my steak on the Sun a few months ago wasn't as good as days past. Hubby loves the lamb.

Oh I had almost forgotten about the mushroom soup! Yummm! Had that, swordfish, escargot, and a French Kiss martini. Le Bistro on Epic was fantastic. I don't remember much about the décor, but do remember sitting closer than I would have liked to the next table. The service and food were wonderful! I don't remember any noise issues, so we must have went at a good time! :)

Le Bistro on the Breakaway has tables outside the restaurant, but inside - so you get a sidewalk cafe experience. We watched families having their photos taken, which can be amusing to terrifying, depending on your fashion sense. There were only a few tables outside, so it didn't seem cramped - and we never made it inside.

Kevin

Le Bistro on the Breakaway has tables outside the restaurant, but inside - so you get a sidewalk cafe experience. We watched families having their photos taken, which can be amusing to terrifying, depending on your fashion sense. There were only a few tables outside, so it didn't seem cramped - and we never made it inside.

Kevin

Thanks! We're looking forward to the M&G on our Star TA :)