Please keep your eyes and ears open!!

ErinG

Good afternoon everyone. I just wanted to put this message out there. I was on the February 22nd sailing on the Getaway. Unfortunately, I believe my camera was stolen on Thursday night at the Glow Party (which is amazing by the way). I checked with guest services multiple times each day after it happened including the last morning before disembarking. Just trying to stay positive and hope that it might find it's way back to me. If you happen to hear or see anything about a camera being found during the week...PLEASE send me any info. All of my pictures and videos from the week were on it and I am heartbroken. I appreciate you keeping me in mind if you come across anything. THANK YOU!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by ErinG

Good afternoon everyone. I just wanted to put this message out there. I was on the February 22nd sailing on the Getaway. Unfortunately, I believe my camera was stolen on Thursday night at the Glow Party (which is amazing by the way). If you happen to hear or see anything about a camera being found during the week...PLEASE send me any info. All of my pictures and videos from the week were on it and I am heartbroken. I appreciate you keeping me in mind if you come across anything. THANK YOU!!

Keep in touch with NCL. Having worked in the past with a major tourist location, I found a couple things to be true:

More often than not, although a guest would swear they knew exactly the last place they had an item with them, it was usually left someplace else.

And more importantly, it often took several days for an item to finally get to the lost & found.

I hope your camera is reunited with you soon!

Thank you.

The sad part is, I was using it 5 minutes before I realized it was gone, and was standing in the exact same place. I am a picture freak and constantly taking pictures, and the Glow Party is very picture worthy. So I could tell you a ten minute window that it happened in.

I am almost positive it was taken right out of my front pocket of the shirt I was wearing (the strap of the camera was hanging out and easily snatchable). I am just hoping that whoever took it had a change of heart at the end of the cruise.

This in no way changes my opinion of NCL or our cruise. It was the best vacation ever!! Loved every second of it.

Just wanted to put this out there in case anything came up!!

I hope your camera turns up somewhere.

Definitely stay in touch with NCL. It's possible someone found it at the end of the trip and will turn it in.

Glad you had a great cruise though!!

Good luck :)

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

I hope your camera turns up somewhere.

Definitely stay in touch with NCL. It's possible someone found it at the end of the trip and will turn it in.

Glad you had a great cruise though!!

Good luck :)

Robin

If I find a camera on our 3/29 Getaway cruise, I'll make sure it gets turned in.

Maybe just asking for the SD card on FB or the boards. Camera most likely is gone but someone might have a change of heart and turn in the SD card. We always have our name & address as the first picture. Good luck, something like that is just a bummer. :(

Last year we found a card out of a camera on a seat in a vaporetta in Venice. On checking the card (which was full & I suppose accidently dropped when putting a new one in the camera) we found that it contained photos of people on the Norwegian Jade but the ship had left venice the day before so we had no way of finding the owner as they must have left the ship in Venice. Anyone hears of someone lamenting the loss of their holiday photos in Venice please contact me.

Last year we found a card out of a camera on a seat in a vaporetta in Venice. On checking the card (which was full & I suppose accidently dropped when putting a new one in the camera) we found that it contained photos of people on the Norwegian Jade but the ship had left venice the day before so we had no way of finding the owner as they must have left the ship in Venice. Anyone hears of someone lamenting the loss of their holiday photos in Venice please contact me.

You might try a post on their old roll call. It is worth a try!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Anyone hears of someone lamenting the loss of their holiday photos in Venice please contact me.
With a little searching you could find the sail date and post something on the roll call for that cruise here. And call NCL with this info in case they have some record of a lost and found request. Long shot, especially a year later, but wouldn't it be nice if it worked!

Maybe just asking for the SD card on FB or the boards. Camera most likely is gone but someone might have a change of heart and turn in the SD card. We always have our name & address as the first picture. Good luck, something like that is just a bummer. :(

Excellent point about the SD card.

Some cameras can take up to a few pictures absent the SD card and are

filed in the cameras internal memory. This is where one of the pictures should

be of your home address phone number and REWARD posting for returning

the camera. Also one of the first pictures on the SD card should have the

same information. When editing transferring copying moving pictures around

just remember not to delete this one.

Another thing that could be done is miniaturize the address info and clear tape

or glue it to the battery (careful to not cover the contacts). When the battery

needs to be charged and removed from the camera - a helpful reminder is

there as to who it belongs to. This may not work in all cameras with tight

space for the battery enclosure. Etch on battery REWARD see SD Card.

For future consideration - if the camera has the little nylon lanyard - install a

quick disconnect connector like what is used on a key chain.

Fasten that end to something substantial like a belt loop or clip; purse strap;

etc. then just disconnect to free the camera for pictures and selfies.

After taking photos reconnect.

This will help prevent the personal human error of losing the camera - it will

not however stop a determined thief.

Most any idea will work - if used with a degree of thought - think of the

discipline you use to keep track of your cell phone

Did you consider mailing this to NCL's lost and found with an explanation about how you found it?

The owners (especially if from a far away country) may not be on CC but they may have contacted the cruise line thinking they had maybe left it onboard.

Great idea to have the name and address as your first picture! I am definitely going to do that!

We spent some time this afternoon looking at some of the pictures & the owner's name maybe Max Velasco & the country is probably Ecuador
Getting closer! :) Google "Max Velasco" and see if the guy pops up. You might be able to contact him via Facebook. Or post this info on one of these groups:

Lost and Found Camera and Photos

I Found Your Camera

MRBOOKEND also gave a good list of links above. If you're active on Twitter, post one of their photos with #foundcamera.

What a bummer.

Many years ago we had our camera stlolen on our honeymoon. Carnival cruise could not of cared less about it. all I wanted was my film, I have no honeymoon pictures--very sad.

So sorry for you

Safe sailing